Text Size

College Sports Arena

Klein's father suing SI?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Some folks would apparently be okay serving shark steaks at a USS Indianapolis reunion.

This is one of the greatest fucking lines I have ever read. I shall never forget it.

Add that to FUDU's pic of himself :bag: diving headfirst into the Canyon of Denial and this is shaping up to be an awesome thread

BTW, Hannibal Lechter thinks the saving face part is great stuff, too
Seriously Bill, watch the movie, spot fucking on.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:29 pm

furls wrote:People said Simon was 290ish when he signed, but I think he was actually 265ish. He have been hovering in the 270's or so since he has been at OSU.

He was also rumored to have done mid 40ish reps at 225 in HS, but I am not sure I am buying that either. There is no question that he is strong as a motherf'er, but I am not sure that he was as strong coming out of HS as the strongest players at the combine.

Begging to differ on both counts, Furls. First of all, I interviewed Simon in person this April, and he looks big...surely bigger than he was a freshman. And I have it on good authority from a beat writer friend who has asked him flat out, that even last season he was in the 285-290 range during the season. Has been listed at 270 on the roster for three years, but trust me, he's bigger than that. The 6' 3" is me not checking the official roster at first...listed at 6'2".

And there are numerous credible eye-witnesses, including HS coaches, who claim to have seen him bench 225 48 times as a high school senior, and swear to it. Of course I didn't see it myself, but the stories are believable. He and his dad are serious lifters...he's been working at it since he was a little kid...so this seems like more than bar talk.

He is also very shy about talking about it, and even when he did it and people were going around saying "holy shit!, this kid just matched or broke the NFL combine record for the 225 bench!" Simon was very reluctant to talk about it or hear people talking about it. (Of course that could be because it's bullshit, too....but it never sounded like that to me at the time) He's just a very humble, quiet kid.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby furls » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:00 pm

I have never had the pleasure of meeting the Simonizer, but if you say he is in the 285-290 range then I will buy that. I think the original question is what he weighed coming out of HS, which I do think was closer to 265, but whatever. What is 5-10 lbs when you are talking about a kid his size.

That kid looks more like a LB than a DT on TV because he is so lean. I cannot imagine we will see him much in the 3 technique this year, he will probably be playing 5 on the SS alot with Belamy.

Williams, Hankins, simon, Bellamy left to right looks pretty good, as does Williams, Hankins, Goebel and Simon.

Joel Hale will push for time this year, I have heard that many expect Chase Farris to push for time too. I don't know, we seem pretty stacked at SSDE.

I really want to know who is going to back up Williams. The Bucks haven't really gotten anyone to pan out at that undersized WDE position. To be honest, I kind of like Simon over there, but obviously that takes the zone blitz out of the picture.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby daddywags » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say nobody is suing Sports Illustrated over this story. Lots of chest pumping and saber rattling, but no substance. The reason? Because nobody is going to want to submit a client to a deposition - even if they did nothing wrong they will have to incriminate teammates. But I could be wrong. I'm not talking to these kids or their parents.
daddywags

Unread postby furls » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:47 pm

More disputes over the validity of the SI article

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/teninv ... ml?sid=102

Not the greatest source, it is actually pretty shitty. Pretty much as bad as the SI sources.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:44 pm

Jerry Revish is the man.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Thought TP's moms was having money trouble, so he was selling shit to help her out.

Now she has 11K to buy him a better car than she has probably ever driven?

And LBJ's mom had the credit to get that hummer, without providing a hummer or 2?

MMMMMMMMMM. K.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 pm

furls wrote:
I really want to know who is going to back up Williams. The Bucks haven't really gotten anyone to pan out at that undersized WDE position. To be honest, I kind of like Simon over there, but obviously that takes the zone blitz out of the picture.

Right now that would be J.T. Moore, the kid from Boardman, who had a really good spring and an excellent spring game. Smallish at about 6'1, 250 (from memory)...he's a strong tackler...very agile and quick rushing the passer....high motor type getting the most out of slightly above average athleticism. It was Solomon Thomas second on the depth chart until the suspension. Might we see some Curtis Grant over there this year?
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:40 pm

pup wrote:Now she has 11K to buy him a better car than she has probably ever driven?

Based on what his advisor said, she financed the 11K and has a payment somewhere short of $300/month, which is something she can handle, if with some difficulty, on her modest salary.

danwismar

Unread postby furls » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 am

11k seriously? We are begrudging an 11k car loan?

Not really all that excited with JT Moore at WDE, I am hoping that someone emerges. That position is supposed to be filled by a gamechanger and I really don't feel like Moore is that guy, he couldn't beat out Thomas for the job last year and didn't push for time. If he was that guy, we would know it.

I am hoping maybe Kenny Hayes or Steve Miller may be that guy. Perhaps Farris, Hale or Bennett will be so good that we see more of a traditional DE on that side instead of the undersized hybrid LEO.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:07 am

Wasn't even going to come back to the thread but yesterday I saw there were a bunch more post so I took a look.

peeker643 wrote:The fact you can't grasp hyperbole or the fact that what he did was braindead is on you.

Sigh....yes Peek, I know what hyperbole is, that is and has been my entire point, for this whole back and forth, that what you said was hyperbole considering the single incident you are referring to.

This is about ho this went:

Jcoz: "That's Hyperbole"

Peek: "No it isn't"

Jcoz: "Yes it is, screw you, don't lecture me"

Peek: "No it isn't, I wouldn't lecture you if you weren't stupid"

Jcoz: "Yes it is, see all the stupid to go round?"

Peek: "No it isn't, you're dumb, and a homer"

Jcoz: "One more time, Yes it is"

Peek: "You're dumb, you don't get that its hyperbole, you're a cartoon character"

Jcoz: ????

As for you telling me I sound like a child, implying that you've been the lone pillar of maturity in this deal:

peeker643 wrote:Dude- seriously, go fuck yourself.

You wonder why people laugh their balls off at the smug little bitch of a school getting its ass spanked?

You. And those like you.

Don't want to be talked down to? Then don't be as big a fucking idiot as the guy driving the Z.

You're a cartoon character dude.

Christ. You're like a whiny child.

Thank god for your uncompromising efforts to keep this debate both above the belt and about the matter at hand. God knows what lows I might have taken this thread to without you.

Now that this shit is settled, or rather, now that we have a whole host of other shit to worry about that neither of us is happy about, maybe we can stop stepping on each others dicks and move on.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 am

I already did.

Like a week ago dude. Last word is yours. Cuz apparently you really need to have it. ;-) ;) :wink:

JCoz wrote:Wasn't even going to come back to the thread but yesterday I saw there were a bunch more post so I took a look.

Now that this shit is settled, or rather, now that we have a whole host of other shit to worry about that neither of us is happy about, maybe we can stop stepping on each others dicks and move on.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Previous

Return to College Sports Arena