Text Size

College Sports Arena

Tress was a Bad Bad Boy

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Tress was a Bad Bad Boy

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:45 pm

danwismar wrote:They may vacate the 12 victories, but I think Tressel's suspension will stand where it is...because I think it was agreed upon in advance.

I don't think the NCAA was the facilitator of the two game slap on the wrist.
He is in charge of a program and failed to report to anyone this clear violation.
His presser made him look even more foolish.
We always like to say there's more than meets the eyes in many types of situations. This one is going to get even messier because I think the 2A has more to unload. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:48 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Fuck we got mothers cooking their babies in Micro waves , yet I'm supposed to be outraged over some players selling their own property for extra College cash and a Coach covering it up because section 4,917.45 section A paragrapgh 21 B says thats naughty .

PUhleeeese.

SoulDawg

It takes everything I got to do this but.... :thumb up:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:48 pm

danwismar wrote:They may vacate the 12 victories, but I think Tressel's suspension will stand where it is...because I think it was agreed upon in advance.

Dan- do you think that suspension has also been signed off on by the Big10?

It seems that the 3 potential arbiters of 'punishment' would be OSU, the Big10 and the NCAA.

Is it possible the Buckeyes still have to answer to the Big10 or have they also signed off on the ramifications. I can't find anything that discusses that.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:57 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Dan- do you think that suspension has also been signed off on by the Big10?

It seems that the 3 potential arbiters of 'punishment' would be OSU, the Big10 and the NCAA.

Is it possible the Buckeyes still have to answer to the Big10 or have they also signed off on the ramifications. I can't find anything that discusses that.

No idea, Peeks. I've got no particular insight on any of that. I just know that Smith is very well-regarded by the NCAA and is a smooth operator in these matters. My best guess is that the Big Ten will defer to the big boys on what sanctions are appropriate...as long as they are stroked along the way.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:10 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Roster at the page bottom say JoJo in da hizzy. Otta be red meat day of the century for the Sheen-tiger.

Mushroom cloud from the mimuiteman coming in 3...2...1..

heck, we might even see the phist return today!
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:34 pm

You think?

I think there are plenty of kids at OSU and any other school who simply have no interest in the sports scene, resent its hold over policy there or who are young enough to be idealists.

There are also those who are looking for attention and/or notoriety any way they can get it.

I'm just not so surprised this came from the Lantern.

I do not notice any calls for his head from the Dispatch ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:38 pm

jb wrote:heck, we might even see the phist return today!

If that happens I'll call for Tressel's head myself.

You really think the Phist will put his Transformer toys down, drop his guitar, turn down Mit Romney's call for a rematch touch football game and log back in?

Was he banned?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Don't know if I am late to the party on this, but the emails in question were found as a result of an NCAA audit. Not internal to tOSU. Not shared or volunteered. Per Romie.

Also, I believe all that is going down is carefully orchetsrated within the walls of tOSU and JT is maneuvered into taking a fall of a significant degree, but in exchange for keepin his gig the buck will stop with him. I can't speculate about the Leaders & Legends or the NCAA.

Lastly, dan, I guess we're going to have to disagree about tPeezy. If you can't see the compromises he;s placed the program in through his ego and immaturity, we need to do that old gentlemenly "agree to disagree" civil handshake thing.
jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:11 pm

That seems logical. I wonder if that is how it all went down, with the NCAA pulling the strings in the background as far as punishment from the getgo?

Dan, you have a lot better feel for this than me. What is the likelyhood that they made the punishment a little light so that the NCAA can come in and drop the hammer a little more with a longer suspention, etc. to try to placate everyone? Because, you know, whatever the inital punishment propsed, a lot of people were going to say it wasn't enough. That's just the way these things seem to go. No one is ever satisfied.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby pup » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:22 pm

To clear one thing up. Bruce Pearl has not been dealt with by the NCAA at this time. He was serving a sentence handed down by the SEC (hence missing only conference games).

The NCAA might still hammer him harder. Just like they might with Tress.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:24 pm

peeker643 wrote:

You think?

I think there are plenty of kids at OSU and any other school who simply have no interest in the sports scene, resent its hold over policy there or who are young enough to be idealists.

There are also those who are looking for attention and/or notoriety any way they can get it.

I'm just not so surprised this came from the Lantern.

I do not notice any calls for his head from the Dispatch ;-) ;) :wink:

Could be, but most tOSU UG's I've met over the years were pretty rabid.

College is about finding the best match between learner & school. Not alot of pacifists go to West Point, yah know? ;-)
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:25 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

That seems logical. I wonder if that is how it all went down, with the NCAA pulling the strings in the background as far as punishment from the getgo?

Dan, you have a lot better feel for this than me. What is the likelyhood that they made the punishment a little light so that the NCAA can come in and drop the hammer a little more with a longer suspention, etc. to try to placate everyone? Because, you know, whatever the inital punishment propsed, a lot of people were going to say it wasn't enough. That's just the way these things seem to go. No one is ever satisfied.

I kind of see what dan is saying. Look at how out of control off the chain SC was. And look at what they got. Not exactly SMU.
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:28 pm

motherscratcher wrote: What is the likelyhood that they made the punishment a little light so that the NCAA can come in and drop the hammer a little more with a longer suspention, etc. to try to placate everyone? Because, you know, whatever the inital punishment propsed, a lot of people were going to say it wasn't enough. That's just the way these things seem to go. No one is ever satisfied.

Plausible. The NCAA took a lot of heat for the Sugar Bowl decision. They may want to polish their image as being tough/fair on matters OSU.

JB, I know I'm never going to convince you that Pryor is anything other than someone who "represents everything that's wrong with college football" (I think that's an accurate quote)

I guess I'll wait until he is found to have violated some law more serious than the speed limit before I am inclined to agree. Till then, I'll gladly take that gentlemanly handshake.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby scsecaur » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 pm

I read the emails that were posted in several places on the internet, and in each case, it looks like Tressel had forwarded the emails from the attorney to Doug Archie, Asst. A.D. and director of Compliance. Looks like Archie should be taking some of the heat on this to me.
scsecaur

Favorite Player: Boobie
Least Favorite Player: LeBron

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:37 pm

scsecaur wrote:I read the emails that were posted in several places on the internet, and in each case, it looks like Tressel had forwarded the emails from the attorney to Doug Archie, Asst. A.D. and director of Compliance. Looks like Archie should be taking some of the heat on this to me.

Great point....which goes to JB's point about Tressel agreeing to take a mini-fall in order to save the OSU Athletic Dept and its Compliance people a bigger fall.

Surely....nah...you don't think Archie would have told his boss Gene Smith, now do you?

Edit: I haven't seen the dates on those "forwards" to Archie. That could have all happened after they were discovered on JT's computer, I suppose. Anyone seen any info on this?

But Tressel did nod yes when asked by the reporter last night if he had forwarded the emails to anyone...right before his attorney...I mean, Gene Smith, stepped in to disallow the question.

danwismar

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:42 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Audey - UConn deserves to give me a blow job more than they deserve tOSU's Sugar Bowl money.

Grow up and become a big boy program that can draw TV Ratings and then you'll get the bigger bowl. Bama - Auburn - OSU - Oregon - all cheats.

As I said up thread, we're just like them now.

Fuck UConn and their shit ass joke of a program.

Just call it a pint of gas on a fire....

...and I defend no one because I'm not emotionally wrapped up in any of it but, the irony here is stupendous given what I've seen written here over the yrs...esp the SEC and USC takes

Props to those on the right side ot the argument tho regardless of how it affects a football program...even your own

Thing is tho, right about now Buckeyes shouldn't be talkin about anyone lest some similar trivia gets out on the OSU hoops program...I mean, how do you now convince anyone that the OSU basketball program is any less corrupt than UConn's?

I blame swerbie and TCF Banner
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby hiko » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Govbarney wrote:Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault: [soft voce] Oh, thank you very much.

This is major College football, the hypocracy of the NCAA, OSU, and Tressel is so thick you can spread it on your toast. Frankly I would be disappointed in Tress, if he didn’t try to protect his guys. He did what any Coach would do, solve the issue in-house so he can continue to do what he is paid to do, Win Football games.

Jim Tressels legacy will be tainted...!? Yea, just like John Wooden’s Legacy was tainted. Frankly goldfish have longer attention span then the average American Sports Fan.

Always like a good Casablanca quote, and I would agree that a couple more National Championships will un-taint that legacy in a damn hurry.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Dan I know you know this but how can you run around saying that this was an NCAA agreed to penalty?

SC self penalized twice before the NCAA came down.

OSU did it with basketball.

School self penalize ALL the time.

Rarely is it a suggested NCAA punishment.

I can maybe buy that Gee talked to one of his boys and thinks he did enough. But I find it ridiculous you can post as almost fact that this was an NCAA agreed to thing.

Just like it was ridiculous when you suggested one of the most respected sports journalists out there would print a story THIS big without vetting his source.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:53 pm

jb wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

I kind of see what dan is saying. Look at how out of control off the chain SC was. And look at what they got. Not exactly SMU.

It's not like SMU got that the first time round. They had to literally flick the NCAA off post punishment to get the axe.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:00 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I'm still laughing at dan and Tripods for pretending like Wetzel and his team (his team did the real work here) were going to publish that story without proof.

Amazing what people will convince themselves of.

"Sources" are thrown about in journalism all the time these days. It's all about the page hits in online journalism. As someone who majored in the business, I know the dishonesty of it. Wetzel and his team may be good at what they do and they turned out to be correct. It doesn't mean that every time from here on out that they have an "anonymous source", they're dead nuts on.

Amazing that people can't understand the concept of letting the facts play out prior to crucifying someone.

And it has nothing to do with my personal opinion of Tressel, either. I'm one of the few who doesn't fellate him at the drop of every hat. Love him as a recruiter, not a huge fan as a coach.

Here is the thing... a story of this magnitude can kill a career if you aren't right. And if your career is respected. If you've literally driven USC to punishment before. If you give a rat's ass you aren't going to throw that away.

This wasn't random sports journalist and this was accusing TSV and OSU of cheating. Them's big big big big words to print. Career killing words if you are wrong.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:04 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Dan I know you know this but how can you run around saying that this was an NCAA agreed to penalty?

SC self penalized twice before the NCAA came down.

OSU did it with basketball.

School self penalize ALL the time.

Rarely is it a suggested NCAA punishment.

I can maybe buy that Gee talked to one of his boys and thinks he did enough. But I find it ridiculous you can post as almost fact that this was an NCAA agreed to thing.

Just like it was ridiculous when you suggested one of the most respected sports journalists out there would print a story THIS big without vetting his source.

Wish you wouldn't put words in my mouth. As to Wetzel, I never suggested any such thing. To repeat...again...I said that I've seen accusatory articles (at least one I recall) by him that contained all speculation and zero facts. Maybe he was in possession of facts, but he didn't cite them in the article. Never did I suggest this article had no factual basis. I agree he's well thought of, and covers his ass with good research and reporting. WTF else do you want from me?

Posting "almost as fact" is also known as my wild-ass, semi-educated guess....the same thing everyone does in here every day. I based it on Gene Smith's known track record of being a smooth operator and well-versed in NCAA matters and being well-regarded by the people there...plus his admission that they had been working hand in glove with the NCAA people for the last month. But at bottom, it was a guess...an opinion...never put forward as anything but that.

Get it?

Of course the NCAA may come down with stiffer penalties. I think I've only said that five times in this thread. It is my considered opinion (and also that of several OSU beat writers whose sources I respect) that Tressel's 2-game suspension will stand.

But that's just my opinion. Here's what I said:

They may vacate the 12 victories, but I think Tressel's suspension will stand where it is...because I think it was agreed upon in advance.

That bolded part tells you I'm saying that as my opinion...not positing it as fact.

Got that?

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:09 pm

My bad - I guess I was just confused as of to why you would call out someone's track record if not to indicate that they were wrong in this matter (not to mention a lack of specific examples in that call out). Just doesn't make sense logically to me and seems like spin from you now. But whatever, not worth arguing about.

As for the rest, I gotchya. Again seems like your just logically taking leaps as an OSU fan that are shots in the dark and as much prayer as educated guess. Just like you did yesterday. But again, not worth arguing about.

Guess our approaches to dealing with this are just different. I'm sick to my stomach and don't really care if Tress get's killed for it. You seem to leaning far more toward damage control. Like I said before TSV will never be the same now. Never. Ever.

But maybe that's punishment enough. Taking your career from cake walk to consistent runner up that cheats is a tough pill to swallow. But hey, at least OSU doesn't oversign like SECHEAT!!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby paratiger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

One thing that is constantly amusing to me though is the seeming confusion on the part of certain SEC football fans....that is, they can't decide whether they want to argue that a)you can't prove we did it...(yet) or b) everybody does it...(so why pick on us, just because we wrote the manual)

First of all thank you for the warm invitation.

Just so we are clear here, My whole arguement was that YOU jumped to the conclusion that enough proof was established concerning the Cam Newton situation (using the "they did it before so they must be doing it again" tag). That Auburn had in fact paid for Cam to come to Auburn to "Win them a championship". "He was shopped at Miss. St. so he must have been paid to come to Auburn". When that was simply not the case. WE agreed that it was horrible the way his father shopped him to another school but there again that has absolutely nothing to do with Auburn and everything to do with his father's greed. YOU first brought up the "Everyone does it" in your emails to me saying that the SEC always uses that saying when infact you said that it doesn't happen like that everywhere. Yet now The Ohio St. has now been introuble for paying Maurice Clarett, Troy Smith, a few basketball players from out of the country, and now the head coach is sweeping additional benefits under the rug and lying to the NCAA about his knowledge of it. But SEC fans are the ones with their heads in the sand? And do you seriously think that the SEC "Wrote the Manual"?

By the way AGAIN, Cam was not kicked out of Florida. He chose to leave the school. Florida punished him over the labtop trouble as well as did the law. The whole cheating thing still has no legs because the Florida academic infractions committee said it was a bogus claim and they had no knowledge of it.

"The emails he got are now in the public record...not that this excuses anything." I saw that but is JT just using that as an excuse. Did he not realize that it would come back and bite him if he didn't simply talk to the AD about the situation? Given his Youngstown st. days and his refusal to work with the NCAA over "pay for play" of his then QB he should have known that this would hurt in the end. And the funny thing is that JT is actually writing a book about doing the right thing...Hehe. Does The Ohio St. not have a compliance office that informs the Student-Athletes of the rules regarding extra benefits?

My point is that when people jump to their own conclusions about WHAT MUST HAVE OCCURRED without knowing all the facts or making the facts up as they go along does way more harm than good. Hopefully that will occur to you if or when a situation arrises in the future that paints another instituation in a bad light. Enjoy the limelight gentlemen.....
paratiger

Favorite Player: Bo Jackson
Least Favorite Player: N/A

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:28 pm

And FWIW: dan I respect you and think you typically have a measured head on stuff. Not trying to pick a fight so much as point out that you sound more like a PR person spinning for a cause than a level headed OSU writer at the moment. From there I'll let you be, no need to go at you further.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Hilarious:

LOL! I KNOW! THAT'S CRAZY! TTYL LYB JT

^ EDSBS paraphrasing JT's email replies

I don't care how sick you are that's damn funny.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com ... x-3-9-2011
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby paratiger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:35 pm

And FWIW: dan I respect you and think you typically have a measured head on stuff. Not trying to pick a fight so much as point out that you sound more like a PR person spinning for a cause than a level headed OSU writer at the moment. From there I'll let you be, no need to go at you further.

Nothing against you Dan. I actually quite enjoyed the back and forth we had a couple of months ago but I got the same feeling.
paratiger

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:39 pm

FWIW II: you're right paratiger. OSU Nation (myself included) has as much of a sword to fall on as JT. I've gone as far as calling JT a transcendental figure in college sports before while pointing and laughing SECHEAT@$! SECHEAT!@$!!!! for days at a time during things like the Newton ordeal.

That said maybe I need to chill here since I tend to react to having my sports life shit on different than most. I tend to not grieve and jump to logical analysis of the situation. Peeker once pointed at that maybe I should let people cry for awhile before doing so and I'm certainly not here.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:FWIW II: you're right paratiger. OSU Nation (myself included) has as much of a sword to fall on as JT. I've gone as far as calling JT a transcendental figure in college sports before while pointing and laughing SECHEAT@$! SECHEAT!@$!!!! for days at a time during things like the Newton ordeal.

That said maybe I need to chill here since I tend to react to having my sports life shit on different than most. I tend to not grieve and jump to logical analysis of the situation. Peeker once pointed at that maybe I should let people cry for awhile before doing so and I'm certainly not here.

I think it's important to serve notice here and now, in light of the Trail of Tears in Cry-ami, that I never actually did cry when I inferred you should let people do so.

I prefer to think of it as letting people 'come to grips' or 'grieve'.

Not cry.

Never said cry.... :hide:

If anyone needs a bit of comic relief I suggest they look up at the TCF banner. That shit is funny.

I actually expect to hear Peyton Hillis was arrested at a gay porn theater with a 9yr old boy that he kidnapped at knife-point hours earlier. Or that he was killed in a Post Office shooting. Something's going to happen to him if he stays up there.

And ParaTiger, well done. I know it was written words but I can't help but hear, "Enjoy the limelight gentlemen" ringing in my ears.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby paratiger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:01 pm

FWIW II: you're right paratiger. OSU Nation (myself included) has as much of a sword to fall on as JT. I've gone as far as calling JT a transcendental figure in college sports before while pointing and laughing SECHEAT@$! SECHEAT!@$!!!! for days at a time during things like the Newton ordeal.

Thank You

Not really the point I was making with Dan before but Thanks for atleast seeing the OTHER Institutions stance on shit like this. It sucks and I hate it for ya'll cause this might really hurt. 2012 SHOULD have been a great season for ya'll. Then again you guys might just pull it all off dispite the circumstances. Either way, Goodluck man.
paratiger

Unread postby paratiger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Opps.. meant 2011...Hehe. Sorry. Preview, PREVIEW!!!
paratiger

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:04 pm

AT LEAST WE DON'T PRETEND TO BE AN AMAZING ACADEMIC SCHOOL AND THEN DROP THIS: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1I6G8J.DTL

^ excuses you will see at ohiostate.scout.com right now should you venture in

FWIW: these lists exist at every school - had one at YSU and Hopkins even though I didn't use em. Also had a file cabinet full of tests at the athletes disposal.

And I'm 99% sure Peeks just admitted to crying when LBJ left. Douche.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm

paratiger wrote: I actually quite enjoyed the back and forth we had a couple of months ago but I got the same feeling.

Thanks for the response. I too enjoyed my correspondence with SEC people, almost without exception. I must admit I'm a little mystified that I am seen here as spinning for a cause. I have hardly defended or excused Tressel's actions....quite the contrary. Maybe I'm accused of spinning because I haven't joined the chorus calling for his head on a pike. I don't think this is a hanging offense. If that makes me a spinner, so be it.

And btw, I know this is well-trodden ground, but the Clarett, Troy Smith and Jim O'Brien examples are worth remembering...and not as examples of cover-ups by Tressel or OSU, but rather as excellent examples of rules violators being discovered, and quickly punished for their acts.

Clarett had a one-year OSU career and was kicked out of school for taking money from an outside booster and committing insurance fraud with the vehicle.

Smith was found to have taken $500 from an outside booster and was suspended for two games, including a bowl game.

In neither of these cases was there the hint of a cover-up, nor of players violating rules with impunity, nor of school officials looking the other way.

Same with O'Brien. He gave $6,000 of his own money to a Serbian basketball player. That was discovered and he was summarily fired, and the program sanctioned.

How any of these incidents point to a pattern of cover-up by OSU is beyond me. Please explain.

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm

This is a bunch of nothing.

And who cares what the NCAA does or says? They're a inconsitent group of whores that impose penalties pretty much on a whim.

Tress stays. (here come the faggots screaming "Honk")
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:11 pm

Yet Troy Smith and his $500 was worthy of a more severe punishment than JT lying to the NCAA, world and everyone else on a compliance issue.

Sure.... no way OSU is hoping to slip under the radar with this one.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:FWIW II: you're right paratiger. OSU Nation (myself included) has as much of a sword to fall on as JT. I've gone as far as calling JT a transcendental figure in college sports before while pointing and laughing SECHEAT@$! SECHEAT!@$!!!! for days at a time during things like the Newton ordeal.

Yes chill out. Main-line a Xanax or two..

And stop making fun of Peker, he's sensitive.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is a bunch of nothing.

And who cares what the NCAA does or says? They're a inconsitent group of whores that impose penalties pretty much on a whim.

Tress stays. (here come the faggots screaming "Honk")

The NCAA is in fact a bunch of douchebags, no argument there.

And he probably does stay. I think JB is right and OSU is scripting this out so that he stays.

My only problem is this whole "The NCAA probably agreed to the punishment already IMO" being dropped by the site's main buckeyes writer. That's insanity coming from a guy whose opinion probably impacts that retards that lurk this place. Just like yesterday dan posted "JT probably couldn't get any truth out of his players or facts IMO and this is nothing"
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:14 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Yet Troy Smith and his $500 was worthy of a more severe punishment than JT lying to the NCAA, world and everyone else on a compliance issue.

Sure.... no way OSU is hoping to slip under the radar with this one.

It doesn't matter. You can't prove his motivation. So it's all a bunch of nothing.

If they suspend him for the same length as the players i'm fine with that, it would be fair.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:15 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:AT LEAST WE DON'T PRETEND TO BE AN AMAZING ACADEMIC SCHOOL AND THEN DROP THIS: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1I6G8J.DTL

^ excuses you will see at ohiostate.scout.com right now should you venture in

FWIW: these lists exist at every school - had one at YSU and Hopkins even though I didn't use em. Also had a file cabinet full of tests at the athletes disposal.

And I'm 99% sure Peeks just admitted to crying when LBJ left. Douche.

Nah. But I did cry when Prosecutor started posting in the Browns forum.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Man I wish I had Prosecutors Kevin Johnson is an elite WR statistical analysis saved somewhere. He posted that for like three years straight. That shit may have sent you off a bridge.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby paratiger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:21 pm

AT LEAST WE DON'T PRETEND TO BE AN AMAZING ACADEMIC SCHOOL AND THEN DROP THIS: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1I6G8J.DTL

YES!! Thats so funny.

This is exactly the same shit I was talking about. As an Auburn fan I have to put up with bama fans and their "Top of the Totem Pole" BS on a hourly basis. They'll go on and on about how Auburn is in the top 3 or 4 in NCAA violations historically. Yet They've had 4 Major Infractions in the last 15 years. The last 8 of which has been continuous. :thumb up: And they keep getting it extended....? :tool: (These are kinda fun.

My point is that people want to come in and talk shit when it happens to them too. :spanky:
paratiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Once they start winning games next fall no one is going to give a shit about this.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Somebody mind giving me clarification on this issue, is the ongoing investigation and surrounding buzz all still about the actions of the handful of athletes in regards to memorabilia sales, tattoo shop (and whatever else they did)?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:24 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:My only problem is this whole "The NCAA probably agreed to the punishment already IMO" being dropped by the site's main buckeyes writer. That's insanity coming from a guy whose opinion probably impacts that retards that lurk this place. Just like yesterday dan posted "JT probably couldn't get any truth out of his players or facts IMO and this is nothing"

Do you know what quotation marks are for, my friend?

I'm tired of having you run bullshit here claiming that I said it. Please stop.

here's what I said here that you must be referring to...note this was before the press conference:

"Purely speculating...maybe he heard reports or rumors, but players denied it and there was no clear proof of violations."

Do you understand what I meant by "purely speculating"? ...or "maybe"?

Brush up on the reading comprehension, dude. Peace.

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:24 pm

FUDU wrote:Somebody mind giving me clarification on this issue, is the ongoing investigation and surrounding buzz all still about the actions of the handful of athletes in regards to memorabilia sales, tattoo shop (and whatever else they did)?

"DRUG TRAFFICKING"

- JT
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:25 pm

FUDU wrote:Somebody mind giving me clarification on this issue, is the ongoing investigation and surrounding buzz all still about the actions of the handful of athletes in regards to memorabilia sales, tattoo shop (and whatever else they did)?

Sorta, now it's about the JFK like lengths Tress went to cover up this horrible story of kids selling stuff for money.

Bastards! What cold hearted fools they be!
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:27 pm

My point is dan you are throwing shit at a wall consistently throughout this thread and all of it has a distinctly pro OSU outcome. Thus far that random speculation shit (you should read what IMO means) is 0-1.

I mean if you want to keep spinning speculation to sleep at night be my guest.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:My point is dan you are throwing shit at a wall consistently throughout this thread and all of it has a distinctly pro OSU outcome. Thus far that random speculation shit (you should read what IMO means) is 0-1.

I mean if you want to keep spinning speculation to sleep at night be my guest.

Because this whole thing is stupid and a waste of time.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby paratiger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:31 pm

What the hell are you thinking?

Another thing that got me about Dan is that he went to a Rival website and got his information to post about Auburn. A RIVAL? Thats how you formulate most of your opinion?

When this came up I came here. I haven't even read the Yahoo story (Yet). The message boards of the program in question will have the most information regarding the situation (disregarding the "Fan-atic opinions). So I came here first to see what ya'll had to say. I first heard of the situation from Mike and Mike.

Do you think the NCAA will come back? 1 colonoscopy is enough I would think.
paratiger

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Sorta, now it's about the JFK like lengths Tress went to cover up this horrible story of kids selling stuff for money.

Bastards! What cold hearted fools they be!

I think it's more like the priest raping the altar boy after his fiery sermon about controlling your urges, but whatever. :spar:

peeker643
Duly Noted

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena