Text Size

College Sports Arena

Pryor ReDux

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Pryor ReDux

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Whaddya got?

On one hand as a collegiate QB he's ridiculously successful. He's won 2 BCS bowls in a row and however many games. I'm convinced if we weren't measuring him with his hype coming in or his NFL prospects that he'd go down as one of, if not the very best in OSU history on the field.

Is that one hand really all we should be measuring him on?

Well, that'd be too easy.

I still say he's overmatched as a traditional drop and throw QB. Inaccurate, jerky motion that's improved but not to the point where there's fluidity. I could make the argument that both TD throws last night were balls his receiver bailed him out on or fought for just as easily as some will argue he put those balls purposely in those spots for his receivers to make plays on.

He's also got those immaturity and entitlement issues. His grunt last night when asked whether he was returning was priceless and telling.

Do the Buckeyes want him back? And when I ask that I realize the answer is 'Yes' regardless of his motion and immaturity if he's playing all 14 games. But is he worth it when he's missing the first five games and puts your BCS chances in jeopardy from the jump?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Pryor ReDux

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Back yes, but used how....circumstances of the first 5 games in 20011 will play into that IMO.

Looking at his career to date, I would not go so far as to say best ever (even including numbers in any manipulation) mostly b/c he has not looked excellent enough while doing everything he has done, IMMHO of course. Also, his production just feels so unbalanced even if numbers suggest otherwise at points. Good player, yes, very good player, for the most part, great eh, can be, but not enough in my book. IMO Troy Smith played to a much higher level more often and is still the better player and easily the better QB.

But I will give TP his credit, in the biggest games (assuming we all agree bowl games are) he has risen up and played at a higher level than his resume suggests he would.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:24 pm

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-pryor010311

Pryor played a hell of a game last night. I enjoyed his skills and the win.

Having said that, he remains all that is wrong with big time sports. Would rather watch Bauserman go 8 - 3 and play in the Hunger Bowl, or whatever the hell it is.

Door. Ass. Don't let it hitcha.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:51 pm

jb wrote:http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-pryor010311

Pryor played a hell of a game last night. I enjoyed his skills and the win.

Having said that, he remains all that is wrong with big time sports. Would rather watch Bauserman go 8 - 3 and play in the Hunger Bowl, or whatever the hell it is.

Door. Ass. Don't let it hitcha.

That's my conundrum.

The guy is an enigma in the sense his college performance speaks for itself. The good and the bad. But he has a lot of LBJ in him (I thought the wincing and the human walk-on crutches he used for the field interview were a bit much) and I feel like he has the potential to bring Mo Clarett type attention/shame to the program.

Not trying to be a hater. The kid has won a lot of big games here and the last two BCS wins he owns in many ways himself (arguably).

So why do I almost hope he renegs on his promise to return?

And Dan, when you inevitably get here, I'm not saying he faked the injury as I was accused of in another social media site. I'm saying he played it up much like LBJ played up every bump to the basket and every fall to the floor.

He's way too media aware and a little sympathy piled on top of a podium apology goes along way toward anesthetizing the masses.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:02 pm

So why do I almost hope he renegs on his promise to return?

Becasue he is a tool shed. It's OK to be a hata when it comes to that punk.

Trust me, the OSU will be juuuuuust fine without Terrell Pryor. Not 11 - 1 fine just yet, but they'll be back.

And yes, he is a drama queen. the fcat he took that play off to get retaped in that situation is a joke, but not unexpected. In the words of the great Bill Gutbroad, "Son, are you injured or are you hurt? If you're injured, go with the trainer to the locker room and get treatment. If you're hurt, get your ass back up and in the game."
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:28 pm

peeker643 wrote:And Dan, when you inevitably get here, I'm not saying he faked the injury...

I get it, Peeker. You're not saying he faked the injury. You're saying he faked how much pain he was in, and he faked the need to be helped by his teammates...and JB is saying he faked the need to go see if the trainer could do something to help him out even though it required him to miss a play at a crucial time, with the game on the line.

No slack...ever...from the Pryor hatas. But "it's OK"
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:41 pm

danwismar wrote:
peeker643 wrote:And Dan, when you inevitably get here, I'm not saying he faked the injury...

I get it, Peeker. You're not saying he faked the injury. You're saying he faked how much pain he was in, and he faked the need to be helped by his teammates...and JB is saying he faked the need to go see if the trainer could do something to help him out even though it required him to miss a play at a crucial time, with the game on the line.

Wait till Pup gets here. Then you will realize what a terrible game TP played yesterday.

I do agree with Peek though. It isn't that he was necessarily faking anything. I have no doubt that he was hurt and in some pain. But, I do think there was a significant amount of "Look at how tough I am playing through this." going on. Just a feeling.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby pup » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:45 pm

If I recall correctly, TP stood in the huddle for nearly the entire length of the Arkansas time-out and only needed to get taped towards the end, requiring tOSU to call a time-out but not having the time to get fully taped up before having to run another play.

Maybe those first 20 seconds of the Arkansas time-out would have erased some drama.

Not that it is a huge risk, but asking your back-up QB to step in, take a snap and hand the ball off in the spot was a risk not needed.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:50 pm

And IIRC, 2 minutes after he was wincing and "in so much pain", he looked fine while accepting the MVP award and making his 2nd apology.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:00 pm

danwismar wrote:

He didn't fake the need. Clearly something happened. Feel welcome to call me a TP hata cause I won't try to con anyone, but kindly don't put words in my mouth.

What he didn't do was tough it out for 1 more victory formation-type play. Shoot, the only way they blow the game in that situation is a botched snap. And when do botched snap most often occur?

Given the crucial nature of the situation, if he was well enough to come back so fast he was well enough to stay in if he had the moxie. Clearly, given the speed of his return he was not injured. He was hurt. By contrast, Checkwa was injured. That was nasty.

Can't think of a great QB who would have done the same thing. I just can't.
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Did anyone even notice the grimacing...and how Pryor was repeatedly doubled over in pain while standing on the podium...how it affected the way he was talking...any of that? To my mind, it takes an unreal degree of cynicism to look at that and say he was hamming it up for sympathy or play-acting in some way.

As for getting his teammates to help him across the field when he's in obvious pain, and doesn't yet even know the nature or seriousness of his own injury...seems like the responsible and smart thing to do.

And how, I wonder, could he have been any more gracious...to the fans...his teammates...than he was after the game? Or more apologetic (not just on the podium...but for the last week) about how his actions of two years ago were stupid and harmful to the team and the university.

To me it's astonishingly cynical to watch that and say it's all phony. Your minds were made up before Pryor opened his mouth. But tell yourselves it's OK.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:13 pm

jb wrote:What he didn't do was tough it out for 1 more victory formation-type play. Shoot, the only way they blow the game in that situation is a botched snap. And when do botched snap most often occur?

JB...it wasn't "victory formation" time. It was 2nd-and-7. With more than two minutes on the clock and timeouts left for Arkansas. We needed a first down to salt the game away. It was by no means a sure thing. This was before, not after, the blocked punt. The situation called for a rollout keeper by Pryor to win the game...and the job was left to Bauserman.

He had a very pronounced limp...don't you think he wanted to be in the game and make the run for the first down that allowed OSU to run out the clock without punting?

At least remember what the situation was in the game, please.

Sorry if I put words in your mouth, but you suggested, if not explicitly said, that his going to the sideline was more drama queen antics. How did I misrepresent that?

Edit: After checking...you called it "a joke". Don't think I misinterpreted that one.

danwismar

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:58 pm

danwismar wrote:

I get it, Peeker. You're not saying he faked the injury. You're saying he faked how much pain he was in, and he faked the need to be helped by his teammates...

No, I'm saying he sure made it a point to be seen all over the field, the podium, etc with his human crutches and grimaces.

If there was an injury and a potential issue then the 'responsible' thing that you talked about, would have been to make your way into the locker room and address it despite that meaning no face time.

Instead he LBJ'd it and showed us all what a true hero and teammate and member of Buckeye Nation he truly is.

It seemed forced to me. If that means I am pre-disposed to those thoughts regarding Pryor then maybe a review of his immaturity vis-a-vis Twitter and his indiscretions that caused all the commotion a few weeks back will help one understand why that might be.

You see it one way. I see it another. It's happened before and will again.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm

peeker643 wrote:
No, I'm saying he sure made it a point to be seen all over the field, the podium, etc with his human crutches and grimaces.

You'll have that when you're on national effin' television...and you're the MVP...and the Sugar Bowl has an award to give you...and ESPN wants to talk to you...and there's a camera everywhere you turn trained on your face. He was supposed to avoid being seen? How exactly would he pull that off?

I just think that your implication that the grimaces and the "human crutches" were contrived or phony is baseless and unfair to him.

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 pm

danwismar wrote:

I'm so sick of hearing these sniveling crybabies sobbing about Pryor. "oh my god he says dumb shit i'm gonna go post about how awesome OSU will be without him because i'm a giant fag!" That's what you sound like. Boom.... Roasted.

Dude is 31-4, (and I dont give a FUCK about the schedule, he doesn't right that shit). He has one more BCS win than St. Troy with lesser weapons. And he'll have just about every major passing record at OSU.

And yeah no doubt he was faking that injury, just like he was faking his wrapped shoulder in the Fiesta Bowl......... and his knee in the Rose Bowl.

Yes he says shit I wish he wouldn't. Yes he makes bonehead passes. But people hate him because of his personality and the say it's because of his play. Which is bullshit.

God I hope Braxton Miller is a mute that lives up to your expectations or it's gonna be another tear filled ride.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yes he says shit I wish he wouldn't. Yes he makes bonehead passes. But people hate him because of his personality and the say it's because of his play. Which is bullshit.

I've done nothing but commend his play here and noted his achievements. He's been a tremendous college QB and winner.

I don't like him the person.

But you fan-bois who think Buckeyes shit roses keep walking around like he's not a time bomb ready to take down a program and that he's not an entitled, immature asshole with a huge 'Look at me' complex. You don't think there's a connection with him and LBJ? They're the same fucking guy except only one will be a great professional.

And if you think I'm the only one who noticed the Kathy Bates performance last night you're head hurts. It was ridiculous.

I never said it was his play. It's always been about what I said above for me. So aside from being completely fucking wrong you're dead nuts right.

And seriously Dan? How would he avoid being seen? Get the hell back into the locker room where what looked to be those potentially fatal injuries could be cared for. I'm sure Tress would have accepted the award and there would have been cameras waiting when he was done.

But no. Thank God he gutted it out with all the pain to tell us all...umm...what did he say...I know it was critical.... ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Pryor had a great game (2nd great BCS in a row) and controlled the game, especially in the first half the way he's been expected to by the fans these past 3 years. A great performance on the biggest stage for tOSU.

My take....

Pryor was indeed hurt however, once he was taped up he galloped back onto the field w/o a hint of any limp. Did the tape job suddenly wear off when the clock struck 0:00? I think it was a way for TP to get some sympathy from tOSU fans so that on top of his performance, they'd see he "left it all on the field for them." Then the scrutiny from the events of late Dec could be pushed aside and fans would hold TP in the same regard they do Smith, George, Griffin. The apology to Buckeye Nation during interviews backs it up to a degree.

JMO from someone who's not a Buckeye fan.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:My take....

Pryor was indeed hurt however, once he was taped up he galloped back onto the field w/o a hint of any limp. Did the tape job suddenly wear off when the clock struck 0:00? I think it was a way for TP to get some sympathy from tOSU fans so that on top of his performance, they'd see he "left it all on the field for them." Then the scrutiny from the events of late Dec could be pushed aside and fans would hold TP in the same regard they do Smith, George, Griffin. The apology to Buckeye Nation during interviews backs it up to a degree.

I have no idea whether the injury was fake or not, or to what degree he was in pain. But I will respond to your take on how he ran onto the field without a hint of a limp, and then once the game ended, he was limping. That is what adrenaline will do for you. In a college football game, I tore some tendons in my thumb during a play, hurt like an SOB. I go to sidelines, get taped up, and get back in after 2 plays and in my mind, i feel great and play out the final quarter. Game over, and I am almost doubled over in pain from the throbbing in my thumb. When you are in the emoiton of the game, the pain disappears. Once the emotion/games ends, the pain comes back. Just my 2 cents.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Lubber wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:My take....

I have no idea whether the injury was fake or not, or to what degree he was in pain. But I will respond to your take on how he ran onto the field without a hint of a limp, and then once the game ended, he was limping. That is what adrenaline will do for you. In a college football game, I tore some tendons in my thumb during a play, hurt like an SOB. I go to sidelines, get taped up, and get back in after 2 plays and in my mind, i feel great and play out the final quarter. Game over, and I am almost doubled over in pain from the throbbing in my thumb. When you are in the emotion of the game, the pain disappears. Once the emotion/games ends, the pain comes back. Just my 2 cents.

I'll buy the adrenaline issue. Agree it could have been a factor. So if the pain comes rushing back when the adrenaline subsides get off the field and get it taken care of.

Guy's an attention whore and a drama queen. His idol is a drama queen. So be it.

But let me criticize him for it. I'll take the fan-boi bullets. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:04 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yes he says shit I wish he wouldn't. Yes he makes bonehead passes. But people hate him because of his personality and the say it's because of his play. Which is bullshit.

I've done nothing but commend his play here and noted his achievements. He's been a tremendous college QB and winner.

I don't like him the person.

But you fan-bois who think Buckeyes shit roses keep walking around like he's not a time bomb ready to take down a program and that he's not an entitled, immature asshole with a huge 'Look at me' complex. You don't think there's a connection with him and LBJ? They're the same fucking guy except only one will be a great professional.

And if you think I'm the only one who noticed the Kathy Bates performance last night you're head hurts. It was ridiculous.

I never said it was his play. It's always been about what I said above for me. So aside from being completely fucking wrong you're dead nuts right.

And seriously Dan? How would he avoid being seen? Get the hell back into the locker room where what looked to be those potentially fatal injuries could be cared for. I'm sure Tress would have accepted the award and there would have been cameras waiting when he was done.

But no. Thank God he gutted it out with all the pain to tell us all...umm...what did he say...I know it was critical.... ;-) ;) :wink:

lol. "Fan Bois" even complete with the faggy re-spelling.

Poor Peeks took that post as directed at him. It wasn't. I'm just sick of the fucking crying about how much an anitchrist program wrecker Pryor is.

Never once said I wasn't a HUUUUUGE Buckeye homer. But people cry, piss, and moan ABOUT FUCKING EVERYTHING. I do not give a flying fuck about what he thinks of LeBron dickhead cocksmoking James. Ya dig? I undertsand your feelings are still raw and that the mention of the unholy spawn makes tears well up in your eyes.

If a Browns QB went 31-4 you people would erect a statue of him, and it wouldn't matter how big of an asshole he was. Probably with a gold phallus you would kiss like the goddamn Blarney Stone.

The last park was a joke.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Poor Peeks took that post as directed at him. It wasn't. I'm just sick of the fucking crying about how much an anitchrist program wrecker Pryor is.

Never once said I wasn't a HUUUUUGE Buckeye homer. But people cry, piss, and moan ABOUT FUCKING EVERYTHING. I do not give a flying fuck about what he thinks of LeBron dickhead cocksmoking James. Ya dig? I undertsand your feelings are still raw and that the mention of the unholy spawn makes tears well up in your eyes.

If a Browns QB went 31-4 you people would erect a statue of him, and it wouldn't matter how big of an asshole he was. Probably with a gold phallus you would kiss like the goddamn Blarney Stone.

The faggy spelling is added humiliation for those who wear that particular label. Durr...

Probabbly stings even more now, doesn't it?

I wouldn't care if TP had LBJ posters on his wall and yanked his crank while making flan to them all night long. The part that makes me sick is acting like an entitled piece of shit, getting caught, then going with some contrived "Endured the pain because I'm sorry" bullshit that's completely transparent to anyone who's not sucking the buckeyes out the zipper area of their souvenir Michigan pants. :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

The faggy spelling is added humiliation for those who wear that particular label. Durr...

Probabbly stings even more now, doesn't it?

I wouldn't care if TP had LBJ posters on his wall and yanked his crank while making flan to them all night long. The part that makes me sick is acting like an entitled piece of shit, getting caught, then going with some contrived "Endured the pain because I'm sorry" bullshit that's completely transparent to anyone who's not sucking the buckeyes out the zipper area of their souvenir Michigan pants. :nanner:

lolfuckingl. Like I said if Browns QB did what TP did, your lips would be locked on his cock so tight the tip would turn blue.

Hate away, homie.

You know yer my boi regardless of how wrong you are. ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
lolfuckingl. Like I said if Browns QB did what TP did, your lips would be locked on his cock so tight the tip would turn blue.

Hate away, homie.

You know yer my boi regardless of how wrong you are. ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink:

Pretend for just a moment that Terrelle Pryor played for...oh... say Auburn.

What would ya think of TP then? What if he played for The U? Is he then just a solid college QB or is he then more of an immature douche bag?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 pm

I guess when the name-calling starts, the prudent course would be to back out of the thread quietly, but that's not me.

Since I was one of Pryor's defenders in here, I assume I'm one of the Buckeye cocksuckers to whom Brian refers. Implied in the time-tested dick-sucking insult of course is the suggestion that I (or CDT for that matter) am incapable of being objective with regard to the Buckeyes...

Blinded by homerism, I can't see though the charade being perpetrated here by the douchebag of the century. That's what it's about, right, peeks? And that's just laughable.

I'd like to think you'd give me more credit than that...now I don't know.

I don't find tallying up the character flaws of 21-year old college students to be particularly good sport as a rule. That's all. And surely part of my view of Pryor stems from the fact that he's a saint compared to me at the same age.

To address your question to CDT about what would he think of TP if he played at Auburn...I can honestly say my opinion would be exactly the same as it is now. He's a player with a lot of flaws in his game, but his enormous athleticism makes up for a lot of it, and his potential highside is off the charts. On the other hand, my various criticisms of him, both for his on and off the field "games", litter this website, and so are well-documented. He has some growing up to do, but he hasn't done anything close to what, for example, the current Auburn quarterback has already been shown to have done, let alone what else may be proven down the road.

I love Cam Newton, by the way. I think the Browns should give serious thought to him if he's there at #6.

one more thing...twice now, Peeks, you've alluded to what you consider (paraphrasing) to be Pryor's "potential" to bring Mo Clarett level embarrassment to the school and program you follow. I'd suggest that nailing him 5 games for an indiscretion he committed as a 19-year old two years ago is enough, without using shit he hasn't even done yet as part of his rap sheet. You have the "potential" to be a serial killer. OK?

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:51 pm

or CDT for that matter) am incapable of being objective with regard to the Buckeyes...

I'm guilty of that. You are not.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:59 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Hate away, homie.

Pretend for just a moment that Terrelle Pryor played for...oh... say Auburn.

What would ya think of TP then? What if he played for The U? Is he then just a solid college QB or is he then more of an immature douche bag?

I wouldn't like him if he played for Aubrun........ because he plays for Auburn.

And he is immature and i've never denied that. But the dude ain't that bad.

Plus I was wondering since i'm no doctor how people can tell he was bullshitting the injury last night?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:00 pm

danwismar wrote:I guess when the name-calling starts, the prudent course would be to back out of the thread quietly, but that's not me.

Since I was one of Pryor's defenders in here, I assume I'm one of the Buckeye cocksuckers to whom Brian refers. Implied in the time-tested dick-sucking insult of course is the suggestion that I (or CDT for that matter) am incapable of being objective with regard to the Buckeyes...

Blinded by homerism, I can't see though the charade being perpetrated here by the douchebag of the century. That's what it's about, right, peeks? And that's just laughable.

I'd like to think you'd give me more credit than that...now I don't know.

I don't find tallying up the character flaws of 21-year old college students to be particularly good sport as a rule. That's all. And surely part of my view of Pryor stems from the fact that he's a saint compared to me at the same age.

To address your question to CDT about what would he think of TP if he played at Auburn...I can honestly say my opinion would be exactly the same as it is now. He's a player with a lot of flaws in his game, but his enormous athleticism makes up for a lot of it, and his potential highside is off the charts. On the other hand, my various criticisms of him, both for his on and off the field "games", litter this website, and so are well-documented. He has some growing up to do, but he hasn't done anything close to what, for example, the current Auburn quarterback has already been shown to have done, let alone what else may be proven down the road.

I love Cam Newton, by the way. I think the Browns should give serious thought to him if he's there at #6.

one more thing...twice now, Peeks, you've alluded to what you consider (paraphrasing) to be Pryor's "potential" to bring Mo Clarett level embarrassment to the school and program you follow. I'd suggest that nailing him 5 games for an indiscretion he committed as a 19-year old two years ago is enough, without using shit he hasn't even done yet as part of his rap sheet. You have the "potential" to be a serial killer. OK?

I said 'sucking the buckeyes out of the souvenir Michigan pants' Dan. Not 'cocksucker'. That's nowhere near as cheeky and amusing as what I said. CDT called me a cocksucker (or heavily alluded to it). And he was dicking around as I was. Perhaps if you could unwrap the tightly wound Buckeye blankie you're chafing under you could lighten up and take it for what it's worth. :hide:

The fact you're not seeing it tells me you're way too immersed in the culture to ever be able to do so. Which is fine. You do what you do very well. You're just not able to laugh about it or to take any type of objective/devil's advocate perspective. And there is a side that sees Pryor as I do and as others here do.

And Dan, three weeks ago THIS indiscretion was a previously unknown discretion. You want to stake your rep and credibility that there's not anything else lying out there in the weeds?

Because I'll go so far as to say I fully believe more will come to light down the road, most likely when TP has left Columbus for his NFL tight end job. ;-) ;) :wink:

But to assuage any doubts, I don't think you lack the intelligence or ability to be objective about Pryor. I just think you lack the dedication and desire in that regard.

That's fine. There are similar educated, well thought out folks who follow SEC and Big12 teams too.

But taking this thread personally when half of it is ball-busting worries me sir. ;-) ;) :wink:

I don't think you're a cocksucker at all. I do think CDT has experimented though. :cheers:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:03 pm

I said. CDT called me a cocksucker (or heavily alluded to it). And he was dicking around as I was

Yep. Nothing meant by it, just taking jabs at a well humored weirdo.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

I wouldn't like him if he played for Aubrun........ because he plays for Auburn.

And he is immature and i've never denied that. But the dude ain't that bad.

Plus I was wondering since i'm no doctor how people can tell he was bullshitting the injury last night?

If he was hurt he shoulda been in the locker room protecting his injury and future, cameras be damned. If he wasn't hurt he shouldn't been using those walk-on crutches and grimacing like he just got carried off Guadalcanal. ;-) ;) :wink:

I think he's a douchebag who has more skellies in the closet that are going to bite this program in the ass one day. Call it a hunch.

Tremendous college QB? Absolutely. And as long as I'm editorializing, I think QB falls off his name after college if he's gonna make it in the NFL. Guy doesn't throw well. Can't put it any simpler than that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Well, whatever.

I am not enamored of TP in some ways. I don't care for his sideline histrionics, the way he shows up his coaches and teammates at times. I don't think he should be allowed to Tweet, at least not during the regular season. He has said some ill-advised things since he came to Columbus.

But the guy has come to play in these last two BCS games- big time. And if he stays, and the Bucks get back to another BCS game next season, my best guess is he'll come to play then as well.

He's a lot of things. Two of them are winner and big-game player.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:16 pm

He's gonna have alot of passing records for a guy who doesn't throw the ball well.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:21 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:He's gonna have alot of passing records for a guy who doesn't throw the ball well.

Talking about mechanically. He can get away with a boatload of those errors at this level when there are one or two guys on defense (usually at the most) that are NFL caliber. In the NFL there are actually more guys on defense who are NFL-caliber (see what I did there?)

Like I said and like Herm notes as well, tremendous college QB. Hopefully he doesn't tarnish his legacy as that in the near future and hopefully the program isn't embarrassed further as well.

That's all.

Jesus- You'd think I was criticizing the Pope or the fucking Dali Lama or Kurt Cobain or someone.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:23 pm

Who gives a shit about the NFL?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who gives a shit about the NFL?

I'd be willing to bet TP cares about the NFL. So much so that he left some greatness on the table with what he could have been had he not been quite so hell-bent on being a drop-back passer.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:14 am

Why did you and Swerb stop doing that radio show on the interwebs? I could call you up and have this debate in real life. I wouldn't even interrupt you.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:16 am

peeker643 wrote:I said 'sucking the buckeyes out of the souvenir Michigan pants' Dan. Not 'cocksucker'. That's nowhere near as cheeky and amusing as what I said. CDT called me a cocksucker (or heavily alluded to it). And he was dicking around as I was. Perhaps if you could unwrap the tightly wound Buckeye blankie you're chafing under you could lighten up and take it for what it's worth. :hide:

The fact you're not seeing it tells me you're way too immersed in the culture to ever be able to do so. Which is fine. You do what you do very well. You're just not able to laugh about it or to take any type of objective/devil's advocate perspective. And there is a side that sees Pryor as I do and as others here do.

And Dan, three weeks ago THIS indiscretion was a previously unknown discretion. You want to stake your rep and credibility that there's not anything else lying out there in the weeds?

Because I'll go so far as to say I fully believe more will come to light down the road, most likely when TP has left Columbus for his NFL tight end job. ;-) ;) :wink:

But to assuage any doubts, I don't think you lack the intelligence or ability to be objective about Pryor. I just think you lack the dedication and desire in that regard.

That's fine. There are similar educated, well thought out folks who follow SEC and Big12 teams too.

But taking this thread personally when half of it is ball-busting worries me sir. ;-) ;) :wink:

I don't think you're a cocksucker at all. I do think CDT has experimented though. :cheers:

I don't take the cocksucker remark literally, of course. (It is timeless) It's the implication...now an outright statement by you...that there's something here that I "can't see". And flat out, that I lack the dedication to be objective in the matter. And I say that's ridiculous, and not a little bit insulting.

Because I am not solicitous enough of your view on this, it is because my perspective is somehow flawed by hyperpartisanship. And you assign that same label of willful blindness to anyone else who doesn't see what you able to see in the douchebag of a player on the team whose games you watch on television. I guess you can end debates that way when you run out of arguments, but at least in my case, it's not true.

The fact that Pryor's character flaws, such as they are, don't cause me to hate on him like they seem to do you, doesn't mean I am in denial that he has character flaws...or that I am unable to discern them as readily as you can, from your perch of total objectivity. If anything, as you acknowledge, I am a lot closer to them than you could be.

And if you have an open mind on the matter, you might acknowledge that I am also in a better position to see the positive attributes of Terrelle Pryor due to my "immersion in the culture". I would suggest my immersion in the culture serves to clarify and balance my perspective more than it serves to distort it.

I'm not blind to his behavior, or as you would probably suggest, excusing it because he's an OSU player. I have never done that. I think the punishment fits the crime in this case, but only because there is precedent for it with other players doing similar things. His offenses are trivial and stupid, but I'm just not quite as ready to write him off as an irredeemable scumbag as you appear to be.

Have at it though. It must do something for you.

danwismar

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:16 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I said. CDT called me a cocksucker (or heavily alluded to it). And he was dicking around as I was

Yep. Nothing meant by it, just taking jabs at a well humored weirdo.

Taking Jabs? Christ, I was way off. I thought you were courting.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:02 am

Anyone, anyone, anyone that cannot see Pryor walking lock step in his "friend" LBJ's steps is busy sucking buckeye cock. Peeks is damn right.

Many (ahem CDT) of the people in this thread were BRUTAL on LBJ for acting like a prima donna cunt while he was here and are now just refusing to accept that TP is the college version of him.

Hell, they both even managed to finish in the top ten without winning the big cheese annually.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby trsteve1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:55 am

I honestly don't care what he says, or how much he hams it up, usually can't stand after game interviews anyway, and shut the TV off...

That being said, he has definitely proven that when he wants to bring his "A" game, his "A" game is pretty damn good... what concerns me is he does not bring his "A" game to every game.

it's great to show up big in the Bowl games (really, I like it when OSU wins bowl games) but he has a tendency to have bad games when we need him most (particularly in the passing game), I'm thinking about the Iowa and Wisconsin games in particular. He just seems to have some clunker games where he can barely complete half of his passes. He airmails a lot of easy short/intermediate routes over his WRs heads, pretty regularly when he hurries his throws.. he does great when he has to scramble, but less good when a team gets to him AND contains him..

Still, I want him around next year, good chance we can get through the first 5 games next season 5-0 or 4-1 (early losses are usually better than late ones anyway).. there is also the chance [not sure how good] that upon appeal the suspension is lessened. If it were shortened to 3 games, how much do you want him to come back, what about to 4? 2?

Bauserman might be good though, what is he, like 25, 26 now? [we got a Chris Weinke!]

Besides, I think despite his arrogance, despite what HE thinks he can do, he can't be blind to the fact that the NFL doesn't think he's ready, he can't be blind to the fact that he would NOT be a 1st round pick if he goes into the draft and I think THAT keeps him coming back next year, as it was probably the BIGGEST reason he chose to come back in the first place (I don't buy the "how much he loves the University", etc garbage)
Le sigh
trsteve1

Favorite Player: Nolan Ryan
Least Favorite Player: Troy Aikman

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:59 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Anyone, anyone, anyone that cannot see Pryor walking lock step in his "friend" LBJ's steps is busy sucking buckeye cock. Peeks is damn right.

Many (ahem CDT) of the people in this thread were BRUTAL on LBJ for acting like a prima donna cunt while he was here and are now just refusing to accept that TP is the college version of him.

Hell, they both even managed to finish in the top ten without winning the big cheese annually.

Shut up. fag. No one cares what you think.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:55 am

Lubber wrote:
I have no idea whether the injury was fake or not, or to what degree he was in pain. But I will respond to your take on how he ran onto the field without a hint of a limp, and then once the game ended, he was limping. That is what adrenaline will do for you. In a college football game, I tore some tendons in my thumb during a play, hurt like an SOB. I go to sidelines, get taped up, and get back in after 2 plays and in my mind, i feel great and play out the final quarter. Game over, and I am almost doubled over in pain from the throbbing in my thumb. When you are in the emoiton of the game, the pain disappears. Once the emotion/games ends, the pain comes back. Just my 2 cents.

I thought about the adrenaline factor after I posted but didn't care enough to edit. I played as well and played with injuries as well. What I saw was a player limp over to the sidelines to get taped up and then trot back onto the field. I didn't see any hint of injury until suddenly seeing him post game being walked around like Kellen Winslow in the Orange Bowl 30 yrs ago. Like I said before, the past 2 BCS games he's played like the TP that Buckeye fans have expected to see week in, week out. I just feel that the injury was played up for the media and to help fans swallow his apology.

Somewhere Jack Youngblood was shaking his head in disgust while taping an aspirin to his leg. (for those too young, look it up)
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

danwismar wrote:
jb wrote:What he didn't do was tough it out for 1 more victory formation-type play. Shoot, the only way they blow the game in that situation is a botched snap. And when do botched snap most often occur?

JB...it wasn't "victory formation" time. It was 2nd-and-7. With more than two minutes on the clock and timeouts left for Arkansas. We needed a first down to salt the game away. It was by no means a sure thing. This was before, not after, the blocked punt. The situation called for a rollout keeper by Pryor to win the game...and the job was left to Bauserman.

He had a very pronounced limp...don't you think he wanted to be in the game and make the run for the first down that allowed OSU to run out the clock without punting?

At least remember what the situation was in the game, please.

Sorry if I put words in your mouth, but you suggested, if not explicitly said, that his going to the sideline was more drama queen antics. How did I misrepresent that?

Edit: After checking...you called it "a joke". Don't think I misinterpreted that one.

I always miss it when Peeker gets all nasty real-time.

Dan, I have soured on TP to the point of no longer being objective. I admit that. No quarter asked. Thus I feel like you will not convince me this is not another punk move; whether that is name calling or not.

I've more than written my piece an it is past time for me to leave this one alone, and I look forward to us kicking around other topics.

Great Buckeye win Tuesday, and my hangove is finally abetting.

Cheers!
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:07 pm

I have silver club status with Holiday Inn Express Priority Club so I know more about medicine than you CDT. Much more in fact. My diagnosis from watching TV was spot on.
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:08 pm

I have silver club status with Holiday Inn Express Priority Club so I know more about medicine than you CDT. Much more in fact. My diagnosis from watching TV was spot on.
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:36 pm

jb wrote:I always miss it when Peeker gets all nasty real-time.

Dan, I have soured on TP to the point of no longer being objective. I admit that. No quarter asked. Thus I feel like you will not convince me this is not another punk move; whether that is name calling or not.

I've more than written my piece an it is past time for me to leave this one alone, and I look forward to us kicking around other topics.

Great Buckeye win Tuesday, and my hangove is finally abetting.

Cheers!

Not exactly "on topic" in terms of acknowledging your mis-remembering the game situation, but I'll take what I can get.

And I'm more than ready to hang this topic up as well...out of sheer exhaustion if nothing else. (Never did set as my goal the changing of your mind....we've got too much history for me to try that fool's errand)

Peace, Bro

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:54 pm

jb wrote:

Awww yes. The retort so witty you had to post it twice.

But you don't know anything but Browns football and hotwings.

Sooooo.......... FU.

You actually know less about CFB than you do pizza, which impresses me.

So OT. But I want you to go watch 2 movies for me. White Lightnin' and The Wild And Wonderful Whites Of West Virginia. You psoted about the second so i assume you may have seen it.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby neoleo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Does it make a difference if Pryor actually has to have surgery on his foot?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls10/n ... id=5999122

Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback Terrelle Pryor will undergo surgery Friday afternoon to stabilize a ligament in his right foot after suffering an injury at the end of Tuesday's Allstate Sugar Bowl win against Arkansas.

Pryor sustained the injury on a quarterback sneak late in the fourth quarter. He departed the field after one play and was limping badly after the game.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:25 pm

neoleo wrote:Does it make a difference if Pryor actually has to have surgery on his foot?

Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback Terrelle Pryor will undergo surgery Friday afternoon to stabilize a ligament in his right foot after suffering an injury at the end of Tuesday's Allstate Sugar Bowl win against Arkansas.

Pryor sustained the injury on a quarterback sneak late in the fourth quarter. He departed the field after one play and was limping badly after the game.

No. It makes no difference. Not unless you consider making me feel like a bit of a douchebag a difference.

Like Peek said, though, maybe dude should have been in the locker room.

I guess I'd want to stay on the field in the post game glow a bit too.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Again, if it was bad (and it appears it was bad) he should have taken himself back into the locker room and gotten off it.

I'm done breaking the kid's balls. Tremendous college QB who I don't particularly for and who I think is more immature/entitled than the average 21 yr old.

But as Dan has said repeatedly, he is a kid and the entitlement is as much 'our' fault as anyone's.

No more on this from me.

neoleo wrote:Does it make a difference if Pryor actually has to have surgery on his foot?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Pryor was aware of the camera every time it was on his face

He was smirking like a punk at it from the first moment it found his mug

His first facial expression on the sideline prior to KO was one big FU to everyone watching and I'd be freaking SHOCKED!!!! if he came back and sat the bench for 5 games

BTW, I hate that camera
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Next

Return to College Sports Arena