Text Size

College Sports Arena

first look at OSU basketball

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

first look at OSU basketball

Unread postby furls » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Watched my first OSU mens BB game today, man that is a good looking team. Probably the best team I can remember, including the Redd/Penn team, the 07 NCG team or the JJ teams.

They have talent all over the floor and I tell you what that class of 10 is looking pretty awesome. Sullinger's game translated beautifully to the NCAA, Craft is excellent, Thomas would be a "franchise" player on just about any other OSU team. Lighty is good and steady. Lauderdale is strong on the inside. All this and I didn't even really get a chance to Lenzelle Smith. Oh yeah, WIlliam Buford is on this team too.... this is an excellent team that should win the B10 and go DEEP in the tourney. This could be the year for OSU hoops.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: first look at OSU basketball

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:41 pm

How the hell can anyone stop Sullinger?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Evan Turner, who's game was perfect for NCAA could still be playing too. I can't help but wonder if those two would have played well together. You always want more talent on the floor, and if Turner learned how to use him like these OSU kids are he would have been tough to stop. Ahhh, new team, and a much better team, let's just enjoy the run.

Can't wait to see some of the B10 games. Wisky is always strong around the lane. MSU seems a bit down right now with all the turnover problems, but I see that team turning it around soon.

Buford is maddening at times, but when he is on, you want him to look to score.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby furls » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:38 am

I am stoked for B10 play as well. I think the conference as a whole is very underrated, as a matter of fact, I think it is as underrated as the Big East is overrated.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby dmiles » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:46 am

Pretty rough week for the B10 as far as out of conference losses with the only decent win I'd say being Ohio St. over South Carolina

Texas over MSU at MSU
Missouri over Illinois in St. Louis
North. Iowa over Indiana in Las Vegas
St. Johns at home over Northwestern
Maine over PSU at PSU
Ill-Chicago over Illinois at United Center
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Eckersley » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:28 am

Yesterday was my 1st look at this Buckeyes team & man were they impressive! Not a great Indiana team, but still...

I realize they won't shoot 3's like that very often, but what an inside-outside combo they have right now! :thumb up:
If the Dolans owned BP, they'd give promotions to everyone responsible for the oil spill.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Return to College Sports Arena