Text Size

College Sports Arena

Penn State Fan's Worst Nightmare

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Penn State Fan's Worst Nightmare

Unread postby swerb » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:35 pm

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... st-paterno

Joe "Weekend at Bernies" Paterno coming back for his 93rd year at the helm of the Nittany Lions.

Get ready for another substandard recruiting class, followed up with another 8-4 season and a 11 AM kickoff in the Outback Bowl. Or as I like to call it, the Just Make Sure You Wake Up From Your Drunken Stupor by 10:50 AM To Place Your Bet Bowl.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Penn State Fan's Worst Nightmare

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:56 pm

swerb wrote:Get ready for another substandard recruiting class, followed up with another 8-4 season and a 11 AM kickoff in the Outback Bowl. Or as I like to call it, the Just Make Sure You Wake Up From Your Drunken Stupor by 10:50 AM To Place Your Bet Bowl.

Thats a dream season for a purdue fan. Sign me up!
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 pm

At this point I don't know it JoePa is more senile or more selfish. But those are the only options, right?

Wither way it's time for someone to step in, as much as they tried to avoid it.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby swerb » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:14 pm

You think he woulda took a cue from the way FSU had to do Bobby Bowden this past winter. Joe Pa's been hiding his own Easter eggs for a good 10 years now. It's just sad at this point.

Big Ten has so much going for it right now. Second best conference in NCAAF IMO. A healthy Nebraska program enters the mix next year. Need Michigan to wise up and back up the Brinks Truck for Harbaugh, and for Joe Pa to hit the shuffleboard circuit.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 pm

swerb wrote: Joe Pa's been hiding his own Easter eggs for a good 10 years now.

:lmfao: :lmfao:
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:34 pm

He's gonna die on the sidelines. Seriously.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:11 pm

StewieG wrote:He's gonna die on the sidelines. Seriously.

The next day, Penn State extends his contract another year.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:15 pm

2011 is the last year on his contract, so one hopes they'll make an announcement before the season starts that this will be it, and he can have the obligatory farewell tour all season long. I hope for the program's sake that this is the plan.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:22 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
swerb wrote: Joe Pa's been hiding his own Easter eggs for a good 10 years now.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:39 pm

swerb wrote:Get ready for another substandard recruiting class, followed up with another 8-4 season and a 11 AM kickoff in the Outback Bowl. Or as I like to call it, the Just Make Sure You Wake Up From Your Drunken Stupor by 10:50 AM To Place Your Bet Bowl.

The 11am kickoff is perfect for JoePa. Someone can chew his food for him so he can eat dinner at 230pm and be in bed by 6pm.

Good friends with a huge PSU fan/grad. The guy we go with once a year to State College. He's not thrilled but he's not hopping up and down angry. The people there are really torn between the legacy and the reality.

JoePa has legitimately raised the money that's built 80% of whatever has gone up since 1970.

While we rightfully laugh at the football team, it really has been a revenue-producing cash cow for the university.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Joe won't die on the sideline. He'll die a few days or weeks after the first PSU season in 13,000 yrs starts without him
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:14 pm

I remember when he pooped his pants during the 2006 OSU/PSU game. When you shit yourself on the sideline, it's time to go, and that was 2006.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:26 pm

peeker643 wrote:

The 11am kickoff is perfect for JoePa. Someone can chew his food for him so he can eat dinner at 230pm and be in bed by 6pm.

Good friends with a huge PSU fan/grad. The guy we go with once a year to State College. He's not thrilled but he's not hopping up and down angry. The people there are really torn between the legacy and the reality.

JoePa has legitimately raised the money that's built 80% of whatever has gone up since 1970.

While we rightfully laugh at the football team, it really has been a revenue-producing cash cow for the university.

While I think 80% is grossly exaggerated given the public and private dollars that flow into that place like hallucinagenics into CDT's bloodstream, even for just privately funded projects as that plae is a reserach giant now, dude has unquestionably given back like no other employee and is a fundraising machine. And I mean "machine" like animatron.

But Imina bottom line it for you: State Penn gets 93K a game and they don't really care about winning. Championship (conference of bcs) football is not a priority in Pennsylvania universities.

Thank god as we used to almost never get a PA kid. Now they just take I 76 and buy an EZ pass.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to College Sports Arena