Text Size

College Sports Arena

Nation's #2 center commits to OSU

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Nation's #2 center commits to OSU

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:13 pm

The Buckeyes got a commitment from Amir Williams, the nation's #2-ranked high school center prospect. The 6'10", 225 lb Williams, from Detroit, decided to attend OSU after narrowing his choices to OSU and Florida in recent days. Maybe last night's big win at Gainesville had something to do with it?

With the commitments this week of Williams and forward LaQuinton Ross, Scout has elevated Ohio State from the #13 ranked class to the #3 ranked 2011 basketball recruiting class in the nation. The 2010 class...this year's freshmen...was ranked #2.

Here are profiles of all five OSU commits for 2011:

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p= ... bb&yr=2011

(I had not realized until reading it this week that Shannon Scott, the point guard prospect in the 2011 Buckeye class is the son of the great Charlie Scott, of UNC and Celtic and Olympic basketball fame.)
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: Nation's #2 center commits to OSU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Alright alright. I was hoping Williams would commit, at 225 it does sound like he needs to bulk up a bit. Which shouldn't be a problem.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby fairvis » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:14 pm

I can't state enough how much I like what Matta's doing with the basketball program there. Loved it since he got there, after living through a year or two of the O'Brien system at the beginning of my time at OSU. Only a matter of time before he turns it into a NCAA title... and man, were we close in '07.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby swerb » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Amazing the talent that Thad is getting to come to CBus. Long way from Jimmy O.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby tired » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:46 am

Give me an NBA lockout and another year with Sully and add Amir Williams, with Bufford and Thomas, Craft etc. awwww man give me back to back National Championships !!! Excuse me while I clean up after myself !!!
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Return to College Sports Arena