Text Size

College Sports Arena

Buckeye Recruits That Can Help THIS Year

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Buckeye Recruits That Can Help THIS Year

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:13 pm

Nice piece as always Furls. However, one question:

Although we are currently deep and exceptionally talented at the tailback slot, I cannot help but think that this young man will find his way onto the field.

Pittman is a good back...not great, but good. But, what else makes the RB group exceptional and deep prior to Wells coming on board? I always felt the RB position has been one of the weakest areas on the team the last 3 years.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby furls » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:23 pm

well,

Pittman was pretty good in 2004 and he was excellent in 2005. I attribute this success largely to a greater number of reps in practice and carries during the 2005 season. Pittman also gained 20 solid pounds to come in last year at 205. I would expect to see another 10 pounds or so on him for next year. I also expect further improvement from him.

Maurice Wells has ALOT of potential also. That kid is down right explosive and I think that if he had the chance he could probably gain the field vision, hole timing, and football IQ to really exploit his shifty quickness.

We will never know what Erik Haw could have been. Following his infamous "pot bust" a year ago, he landed on Coach Tressel's bad side and saw limited action last year. This kid reminds me of Robert Smith. He has that absolute BLINDING speed, he is Ted Ginn fast. Prior to his off the field incident last year he was projected by most to be the number 2 back for 2005 and the heir apparent/main competition for the starting tailback role. Now I think he is probably somewhere around 4 on the depth chart. Here are some interesting stats on the guy, I post this because he is someone that I think could've been a real big play maker in a D1 program, but unfortunately, I fear he will never see the light of day again for OSU, but what they heck, I hear he gets the best weed on campus :evil:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&yr=2005&nid=1782640

Hope this helps clear things up, I think anyone of the the three listed there could and probably would be a successful featured back somewhere given a chance.

Furls
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:35 pm

Points noted. And thanks for explaining that further.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to College Sports Arena