Text Size

College Sports Arena

Warren Ball commitment for 2012

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Warren Ball commitment for 2012

Unread postby danwismar » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:24 pm

In the lead up to the opener last week, the commitment to OSU of running back Warren Ball went almost unnoticed. The 6' 0", 200 lb Ball from Columbus DeSales is the real deal. The other stud Ohio RB for 2012, Glen Oak's Brionte Dunn had 300 yards Friday night in a monster performance. He's even bigger than Ball, like 6'2", 220.

Juniors.

Here's some sophomore year video on Ball, in case you haven't seen any yet.

http://bit.ly/aDYCMk
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: Warren Ball commitment for 2012

Unread postby furls » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:54 pm

There was some chatter about trying to switch Dunn to LB, but I don't know, after watching him gash Massilon of all teams for 320 yards last week. I am pretty sure that he is going to be the best back in Ohio this year. There are rumors of swirling around Shell right now, so Dunn may be the ideal second back for the class of 2012.

Assuming Rod Smith Redshirts the back field should stay pretty stocked with or without another back.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Not sure where the LB talk came from for Dunn, and even less sure what it's based on...other than observing his pure athleticism. From what I understand, he doesn't even play LB for GlenOak.

It may come down to either Shell or Dunn for the Buckeyes. I can't see them both signing with OSU along with Ball (with Smith and Hyde and Berry all having multiple years of eligibility remaining)
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby tired » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Frikkin running back U !!!
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Return to College Sports Arena