Text Size

College Sports Arena

OSU recruit Turner shot ...in critical condition

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

OSU recruit Turner shot ...in critical condition

Unread postby danwismar » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:46 pm

OSU football recruit (2010) Jamel Turner was shot multiple times today in a shooting in Youngstown that left a 17-year old girl dead, and Turner in critical condition.

All of the following is unconfirmed hearsay at this point...FTR...

Turner was in an apartment with the girl, when the shooter...reportedly the girl's ex-boyfriend, came in. Turner was able to call 911 after taking multiple (5?) gunshots. He is reportedly on life support at the hospital.

It is the second time in recent months that Turner has been the victim of gunshots. In the previous incident, he was the unlucky victim of a shooting when he was a passenger in a car that was involved in gun play...also in Youngstown.

Rough town, Youngstown. Condolences to the young lady's family, and prayers for the young man's survival, obviously.

More from 11W http://bit.ly/ak2Tzq

---

On the good news front for OSU, linebacker Tyler Moeller has officially been cleared to play football this fall.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: OSU recruit Turner shot ...in critical condition

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:24 pm

christ..... do the freshmen not report for summer classes to get 7 on 7 work and hit the weight room early? You'd hope this kid could get to Columbus as quick as possible and try to better his environment.

Either way, I guess that is moot right now. Hope he pulls through.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:43 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:christ..... do the freshmen not report for summer classes to get 7 on 7 work and hit the weight room early? You'd hope this kid could get to Columbus as quick as possible and try to better his environment.

Looks like he wasn't that far off from coming down to Columbus.

From Dan's link:

Turner was said to have a summer job lined up in Columbus and planned to move down to campus shortly.

The shooter is an absolute coward. Too many punks want to settle things with guns nowadays.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Can't say I'm surprised. Stuff like this happens all the time here. Ought to just raze the city and start over...
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby ole uncle charle » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 pm

http://www2.nbc4i.com/sports/2010/jun/20/3/bucknuts-osu-recruit-turner-expected-survive-likel-ar-116146/

Turner expected to survive but was shot in the neck and lung. Looks like football is over for him.

Also Bucknuts reports that Turner likely wasn't going to qualify academically this year and was going to have to go to a prep school.
ole uncle charle

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:07 am

ole uncle charle wrote:http://www2.nbc4i.com/sports/2010/jun/20/3/bucknuts-osu-recruit-turner-expected-survive-likel-ar-116146/Also Bucknuts reports that Turner likely wasn't going to qualify academically this year and was going to have to go to a prep school.

He left his Youngstown school and had enrolled at Fork Union Academy I believe. He left there over the winter and the talk was he never got a HS diploma and was not going to be eligible. Columbus papers were saying he hadn't been returning texts or calls from Tressel over the summer.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Return to College Sports Arena