Text Size

College Sports Arena

Vaughters to announce tomorrow

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Vaughters to announce tomorrow

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:25 am

Furls, Wiz, what are you hearing?

I've mostly stayed away from the rumor mill on this one, Ohio family roots, good interviews, heavy interest, I think he comes to OSU. I have seen a popular rumor that he would chose Stanford over OSU, but I'm not seeing it personally.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Vaughters to announce tomorrow

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:18 am

Of the "insiders" I follow, none think he's coming to OSU.

It's either Stanford or Georgia....best guesses.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby furls » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

The rumor I consistently hear is that it is Stanford over OSU with GA a distant third. With that said, I will not completely buy Stanford over OSU until it comes out of his mouth. The kid has OSU roots, OSU is closer to home and is a much better football program, but stranger things have happened. In spite of the rumors, I say 50:50 OSU/Stanford. This is much more important now that DePriest is rumored to be an Alabama silent verbal; I am buying that one.

I think OSU's depth chart is definitely working against them in both cases. Think about it, OSU has 3 of the nation's top LB recruits from 2008 and 2009 in Sweat, Sabino and Bell. Bell ended up redshirting last year, Sabino has really just now started to see action and according to the coaches Sweat could actually end up winning the third starting position this fall if he is healthy. DePriest/Vaughters would have an uphill battle to play time for the next three years as a result.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby tired » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:24 pm

TOSU. My guess anyway. I like our chances with him over DePriest going to OhiO State.
I seen where his announcement will be at 11am. Furls, your so spot on !!! It's like no matter how good of a linebacker you are in this class, those others are just to good.
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby furls » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:46 am

Vaughters to Stanford, from his own mouth, so now I am compelled to believe it. Can't blame the kid, it is a great school.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby tired » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:05 pm

At least we got Devin Smith to commit today to help soften the blow. 2 yrs. in a row top linebackers from OhiO go elsewhere (ouch) Hope their is some good one's next year.
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby furls » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Vaughters is out of Tucker, GA, but I do fully expect to miss out on the top LB in the state, Trey DePriest. That said, we are far from hurting at the LB position. First of all OSU, spends about 1/2 of its time playing a 4-2-5 (one of the five is really a Safety/LB Hybrid called a "Star").

Homan
Rolle
Sabino
Sweat
Bell
Klein
Whiting
Newsome
Moeller (Star)
Hines (star)
Hagan (2010 Star)
McVey (2010)
Durham (2010)

I think this part of the reason why it might be hard to get guys to come now. If you are joining in 2011 you probably will not see the field until 2013 (assuming you can win a spot). Guys just like Jordan Hicks, Trey DePriest and James Vaughters (Dorian Bell, Sabino and Sweat) are still waiting to get their shot and the rest of the guys are not slouches either. The only position where the Bucks are fatter is TB.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Return to College Sports Arena