Text Size

College Sports Arena

Turner and Buford on coming back next year

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Turner and Buford on coming back next year

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:02 pm

http://bit.ly/di3J6x

“I can’t give a percentage right now,” he said. “This is just sticking in my head. I really don’t want to go out like that. I don’t even know.”

Turner and junior forward David Lighty spoke only at a podium and were not made available for individual interviews.

Sophomore guard William Buford, also a candidate to head to the NBA, said he plans on returning for his junior season and said Turner is aware of that fact.

“He knows I’m coming back,” Buford said. “That’s up to him if he wants to do that. It’s his future. He knows I’m coming back.”

Asked if he felt he would have people in his ear telling him to turn pro, Buford said, “Probably, but I only listen to me. I’ve got my own mind. We’ve got a real good team coming in next year. I’m going to try to soak this up and go on to next year.”

---

Junior guard Jon Diebler was asked if the way the season ended would make it more likely for Turner to return.

“I think so, because he’s a competitor and he hates losing,” said Diebler, who is also Turner’s roommate. “He knows how far we could’ve gotten this year. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Yeah, we got to the Sweet 16 but as a group we had higher expectations.”

Senior guard P.J. Hill, who served as Turner’s seldom-used backup this season, said he thinks Turner will return for another year.

“He said he’s coming back, so that’s what we’re planning on: that’s he coming back,” Hill said. “He’s been saying that he’s going to come back but he wants to focus on this season and deal with everything else next year but he’s going to be back. I plan on him being back.”

see Matta's comments later in article about how people will now be "coming at" Turner, and how he (Matta) is helpless to do anything about it...
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Re: Turner and Buford on coming back next year

Unread postby waborat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:08 pm

No way ET comes back...

I'll eat Matta's gum and blow bubbles out my ass if he does
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:39 pm

As a Buckeye fan I'd like him back. But as one of the top 2 picks in the draft it would be insane for him to do so. He's gone. At least he should be.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Brownsnation09 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Don't even start talking about the "possibility" of ET coming back! its over, like all Ohio teams they blew it. You have a top player, #2 seed, better player for player & blew it. Its over!!
Brownsnation09

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jordan kramer » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Brownsnation09 wrote:Don't even start talking about the "possibility" of ET coming back! its over, like all Ohio teams they blew it. You have a top player, #2 seed, better player for player & blew it. Its over!!

i like this guy
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby danwismar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:13 pm

I have no illusions about Turner coming back. After all, as Matta said..."the vultures are coming" for him.

What's interesting is what his teammates are saying about it, and what they think. It can't all be canned "groupspeak", can it?
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:As a Buckeye fan I'd like him back. But as one of the top 2 picks in the draft it would be insane for him to do so. He's gone. At least he should be.

This.
I would love to see this group come back intact + new fresh blood to join them. But who could advise ET to turn down the money go to the league as the #2 pick this year. There is a VERY strong possibility that ET would not be a #2 pick if he sticks around another year.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Brownsnation09 wrote:Don't even start talking about the "possibility" of ET coming back! its over, like all Ohio teams they blew it. You have a top player, #2 seed, better player for player & blew it. Its over!!

Geez. Good take.

Firstly, before the season, who woulda thought ET would be the POY in the Big 10, let alone the country?

Secondly, after ET got hurt and they lost some early games in conference, who woulda thought they could have come back and win the reg season title?

Thirdly, after that, who woulda thought they would follow that by winning the Big 10 tourney? Especially having to play games on consecutive days to do so, with the shallowest rotation in the country.

Fourthly, who woulda dreamed any of this was possible from a team than not only played six guys a night, but started 4 guards and a power forward?

Yes, I thought the Bucks were lackadaisical with the ball last night and that hurt them. Yes, they turned the ball over too often. Yes, they got beat on the boards last night (should have been beaten up every night on the boards). And I think they stuck with the 1-3-1 zone way too long (actually it was effective defense for the first shot, but it kept their only rebounder at the foul line and there was always a second shot).

And Tennessee is no slouch. They are very solid defensively, they have good depth, they are athletic, they have played a great schedule, they are well coached and with a record basically the same as OSU. This does not rank with some of the other "upsets" in the tourney.

But to not give this team props and to infer that they choked is outright ridiculous. Get a life BN09!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby waborat » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:46 pm

OldDawg wrote:

Geez. Good take.

Firstly, before the season, who woulda thought ET would be the POY in the Big 10, let alone the country?

Secondly, after ET got hurt and they lost some early games in conference, who woulda thought they could have come back and win the reg season title?

Thirdly, after that, who woulda thought they would follow that by winning the Big 10 tourney? Especially having to play games on consecutive days to do so, with the shallowest rotation in the country.

Fourthly, who woulda dreamed any of this was possible from a team than not only played six guys a night, but started 4 guards and a power forward?

Yes, I thought the Bucks were lackadaisical with the ball last night and that hurt them. Yes, they turned the ball over too often. Yes, they got beat on the boards last night (should have been beaten up every night on the boards). And I think they stuck with the 1-3-1 zone way too long (actually it was effective defense for the first shot, but it kept their only rebounder at the foul line and there was always a second shot).

And Tennessee is no slouch. They are very solid defensively, they have good depth, they are athletic, they have played a great schedule, they are well coached and with a record basically the same as OSU. This does not rank with some of the other "upsets" in the tourney.

But to not give this team props and to infer that they choked is outright ridiculous. Get a life BN09!

Fifthly, I couldn't have said it better :thumb up:
waborat

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:28 pm

waborat wrote:Fifthly, I couldn't have said it better :thumb up:

Actually, you already did say it better:

waborat wrote:No way ET comes back...

BTW, Do you remember the game last year on national TV when Matta's gum fell out of his mouth onto the ground and he picked it up and put it back in his mouth while the camera was on him!?!?
OldDawg

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:36 am

OldDawg wrote:
waborat wrote:Fifthly, I couldn't have said it better :thumb up:

Actually, you already did say it better:

BTW, Do you remember the game last year on national TV when Matta's gum fell out of his mouth onto the ground and he picked it up and put it back in his mouth while the camera was on him!?!?

Never understood all the flack he took for that on national tv?

Hell, I've dropped my cell and wallet in the toilet and still used em afterwards :bag:
waborat

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:39 am

you know in a weird way, i think i would almost like to see this. hee-hee!!! :pigs:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:41 am

Great insight! Just an epic take. ::doh::

Don't take into consideration that the Bucks were going w/ basically a 6 man rotation. Don't forget that Tenn. was going 10 deep and throwing athletic players at the Bucks all game long. Tenn HC even said after the game that OSU looked tired and winded. Even if they survived Tenn, I don't think they'd have gone much further. They played like a tired team down the stretch.

Ignore the rest of what's been brought up in this thread or what you watched (but apparently didn't see) This team choked...BIG TIME! Can't wait for your contribution when the Cavs lose a playoff game.:bunny:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:55 am

Game over, man! Game over!
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:57 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:

Great insight! Just an epic take. ::doh::

Don't take into consideration that the Bucks were going w/ basically a 6 man rotation. Don't forget that Tenn. was going 10 deep and throwing athletic players at the Bucks all game long. Tenn HC even said after the game that OSU looked tired and winded. Even if they survived Tenn, I don't think they'd have gone much further. They played like a tired team down the stretch.

Ignore the rest of what's been brought up in this thread or what you watched (but apparently didn't see) This team choked...BIG TIME! Can't wait for your contribution when the Cavs lose a playoff game.:bunny:

Take it easy on her Larv...

Mrs Matta gets a little upset when her son loses
waborat

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:43 am

waborat wrote:
OldDawg wrote:BTW, Do you remember the game last year on national TV when Matta's gum fell out of his mouth onto the ground and he picked it up and put it back in his mouth while the camera was on him!?!?

Hell, I've dropped my cell and wallet in the toilet and still used em afterwards
:bag:

I usually don't go to one-upsmanship, but how about a dental retainer in the toilet after you did your thing as a kid. Man what a position to be in. Considered flushing it, but knew I would get killed. Fished it out and boiled it and bleached it to death. Ugh. Gives the phrase "potty mouth" new meaning!
:bag: :bag: :bag:
OldDawg

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:08 pm

OldDawg wrote:
waborat wrote:
OldDawg wrote:BTW, Do you remember the game last year on national TV when Matta's gum fell out of his mouth onto the ground and he picked it up and put it back in his mouth while the camera was on him!?!?

Hell, I've dropped my cell and wallet in the toilet and still used em afterwards

I usually don't go to one-upsmanship, but how about a dental retainer in the toilet after you did your thing as a kid. Man what a position to be in. Considered flushing it, but knew I would get killed. Fished it out and boiled it and bleached it to death. Ugh. Gives the phrase "potty mouth" new meaning!

waborat

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:44 pm

waborat wrote:
OldDawg wrote:
waborat wrote:

OD is so hardcore he'd eat boogers from a dead man's nose. (guess the movie line)
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
OD is so hardcore he'd eat boogers from a dead man's nose. (guess the movie line)

Little Women?
waborat

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:28 pm

waborat wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Little Women?

OMG..... It was Nell, dummy.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:OD is so hardcore he'd eat boogers from a dead man's nose. (guess the movie line)

"...and then ask for seconds."

Full Metal Jacket.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Per an ESPN text, Turner has declared for the draft.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:42 pm

ESPNews reported him leaving.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby waborat » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:09 pm

mswerb wrote:ESPNews reported him leaving.

Ya see, now I'm bummed...

CDT's posts gave me 10% hope that he might wanna stay? ;-) ;) :wink:
waborat

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:25 pm

waborat wrote:

Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:30 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:OD is so hardcore he'd eat boogers from a dead man's nose. (guess the movie line)

"...and then ask for seconds."

Full Metal Jacket.

Ding ding ding. you win the prize.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby davemanddd » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:27 pm

yep, here it is: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010 ... id=5064218

as jack bauer would say - "dammit".
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:59 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE&NR=1[/youtube]
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:11 pm

waborat wrote:

Never, ever, ever, never, never, ever, never listen to anything CDT says and put any faith in it whatsoever.

On any subject.

Did I mention 'ever'?

:nanner:

There really should be some mandatory two week moratorium on such conversations after a kid goes through what's likely the most emotional loss in their life. Especially since many fans are almost equally emotional.

You often see that burning desire to take care of unfinished business disintegrate into literally millions of dollar bills.

Look, for those of you in school or who graduated, would you have passed up your senior year of keg parties and the bar scene for guaranteed millions and financial security for the rest of your life if you ain't a moron? And it ain't like the lifestyle with all that cake precludes you from having a pretty decent night out whether it be in the hood or in Turks & Caicos.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Ya'll mofos need to learn to read.

I didn't say he was coming back, not once, in fact I believe I said "75/25" that he leaves. Just sayin' there MIGHT be reasons for him to come back and i'll believe it when it comes from Turner's mouth, not someone on a message board who think Cabo Wabo is good booze.

And never listen to Peek, he should be out beating some loveable furry creature to death, and he has no hair. What does that say about him? It says his hair didn't even trust him, so it bailed on him.

;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby waborat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote: not someone on a message board who think Cabo Wabo is good booze.

Yes, an aquired taste to some, but I've seen dozens of bare-breasted chicks in my hottub who'd say it works :nanner:
waborat

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:43 pm

waborat wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote: not someone on a message board who think Cabo Wabo is good booze.

Yes, an aquired taste to some, but I've seen dozens of bare-breasted chicks in my hottub who'd say it works :nanner:

Yeah, but then those girls have to put their shirts back on and get on the bus taking them to school.

:hide:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:47 am

peeker643 wrote:
waborat wrote:

Yeah, but then those girls have to put their shirts back on and get on the bus taking them to school.

:hide:

It's not so much a bus, but more like a container from a shipyard...

Oh, and they have scared looks on their faces when they have to leave...

And they always smell like vodka & beets
waborat

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:16 am

waborat wrote:

You don't have a hot tub.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
waborat wrote:

You're right, I forgot, they're now called spas

waborat

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:54 pm

waborat wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
waborat wrote:

You're right, I forgot, they're now called spas

Those salmon-colored shorts and black loafers offend me and assault the senses.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:57 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Those salmon-colored shorts and black loafers offend me and assault the senses.

We like to dress Grandpa funny...

He thinks they're blue & he's wearing cowboy boots
waborat

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:59 pm

You should take it back in time to when hot tubs were cool.

Nice set up though. Bar, deck, and grill, isn't the spring and summer grand?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You should take it back in time to when hot tubs were cool.

I'd give it away if I could find someone to move it...

Had it for 12 years and it now gets used about as often as the BowFlex
waborat

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:05 pm

waborat wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You should take it back in time to when hot tubs were cool.

Hmm.... how hard are they to move?

You'd skim it and bleach it down first, right?

RIGHT?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:15 pm

peeker643 wrote:
waborat wrote:

Hmm.... how hard are they to move?

You'd skim it and bleach it down first, right?

RIGHT?

Dude, you live in Madison...

Don't your townline signs say "Home of Shmeg"?
waborat

Return to College Sports Arena