Text Size

College Sports Arena

Sullinger

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Sullinger

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey, anyone who follows know what in the wide, wide world of sports happened here?

How the hell did Northland get knocked the fuck out like Deebow? I thought thye were a shoe in. Did Sullinger die?

http://brackets.digitalschoolnetwork.ne ... 90&ts=2581

I know there is a HS sports board, but its dead, and I think Sullinger is the next Special K in C-bus. So I'm seeing if this gets play
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sullinger

Unread postby waborat » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:58 pm

A friend of mine said Lincoln dominated the entire game...

Shot something like an absurd 65% for the game...

Some lil' guard was lights out...

Weatherspoon & Sullinger were never a factor
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Sullinger

Unread postby neoleo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Although the score is a surprise, Gahanna-Lincoln is undefeated and ranked number 2 in the state behind Northland. They're a good team, led by PG Stevie Taylor (the little guard that was lights out). He outplayed Northland's top guard, Trey Burks who's headed to Penn State. Taylor is being recruited by John Groce at Ohio, amongst other mid-majors. Sullinger still had a double-double but wasn't his normal dominating self. Played through a broken finger fwiw.

And speaking of Weatherspoon. Anybody see how he fits in Matta's system next year? He's a super athlete and an undersized four, so I could see him being a poor man's David Lighty eventually, but I'm not sure if he has the ability to play that kind of D. And he definitely is not a guard like Lighty (even before Lighty developed some offense). Matta likes his fours to be able to shoot, and that sure aint Spoon's game. I see him as another in a long line of Matta transfers. Reminds me a lot of Eric Wallace from Evan Turner's class. 6-6 athlete, barely played as a freshman and transferred after one year to DePaul.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Return to College Sports Arena