Text Size

College Sports Arena

Classy move at SDSU

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Classy move at SDSU

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Hours after he'd picked up his freshly pressed suit from the dry cleaner for Wednesday's senior night festivities at San Diego State, fourth-year student manager Ben Kneller learned he wouldn't need his fancy duds.

As a reward for four years of service to San Diego State's basketball program, Fisher called Kneller into his office Wednesday afternoon, handed him a No. 33 jersey and told him to prepare to play that night against Colorado State. Kneller not only got to check into the game when the Aztecs' lead balooned to double figures in the final two minutes, he also scored a point on a free throw with 53 seconds remaining.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Classy move at SDSU

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:12 pm

That is absolutely ridiculous. I was a manager at LSU for four years and we had a guy working with us who was a very good high school player that had JUCO offers. He tried to walk on twice but never made the squad. Kudos to the coach though, that is incredible. Great story.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Return to College Sports Arena