Text Size

College Sports Arena

scUM in big trouble?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

scUM in big trouble?

Unread postby furls » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Just got this emailed to me from a buddy.... this is no bueno for the ugly helmets!

http://www.freep.com/article/20100223/S ... robe-today

failed to adequately monitor its football program to assure compliance regarding the limitations on the number, duties and activities of countable football coaches and time limits for countable athletically related activities.”

failed to monitor is pretty serious in NCAA lingo, it is not quite as bad as some of the famous one's like "lack of institutional control," but make no mistake about it... this is serious. How far will scUM fall before they divorce this scUMbag?
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: scUM in big trouble?

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Between the 8-16 record, these violations, and the overall changes to scUM tradition, I think those in power are just building the case to fire him. They start slow or drop a bunch of Big Ten games and he is toast. No way he survives an 0-3 or 0-4 start to the season in my mind.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 pm

I can't believe this piece of shit is still employed by Michigan. He's doing comprehensive damage to a once proud institution, and at this point, I think they're in denial and just don't wanna admit they royally screwed up by hiring this scumbag.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 pm

I think they should continue to support their man or bring back the guy he replaced. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:18 pm

I'm a Michigan fan, you guys would be shocked how many people are still somehow defending him. What an embarrassment. 40 years of Bo, Moeller, and Lloyd with one Moeller barfight as the only blemish and now this. At least it could make for a good redemption story once Harbaugh's here next year.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Return to College Sports Arena