Text Size

College Sports Arena

CSU wins 5th straight; Aaron Pogue has symptoms of a seizure

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

CSU wins 5th straight; Aaron Pogue has symptoms of a seizure

Unread postby tommieskoski » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:42 am

With Cleveland State defeating Loyola and Wright State losing to Butler, CSU (8-4) moves into second-place in the Horizon League, a half-game ahead of Green Bay and Wright State, who are both 8-5.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/csu/ind ... _slow.html

"Sophomore starting center Aaron Pogue left with dizziness in the first half after playing just six minutes. He was sent to the hospital with "symptoms consistent with a seizure," according to Brian McCann, CSU's assistant athletic director for communications.

Pogue was treated at Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital, and McCann said he was "fine" after the Vikings pulled out a narrow 59-56 win at Loyola's Gentile Center. Pogue rejoined the team for the trip home."
tommieskoski

Re: CSU wins 5th straight; Aaron Pogue has symptoms of a seizure

Unread postby neoleo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:53 pm

The Vikes have been playing some really good ball the past few weeks. Gary Waters always gets his teams playing well down the stretch. This is the third straight year that he's put together at least a 5 game winning streak in conference play. Valpo and Butler come to town next week. I'll be in the floor seats for Valpo (thanks Swerb) and will be in the building for the Butler game as well. Can't wait!

We play 5 of the final 7 at home which is huge (we're undefeated at home in conference), but 4 of those teams beat us already on the road (Valpo, Butler, Detroit and Wright State). It's gonna be an exciting finish.

Pogue being out is a huge blow to this team as they're already thin in the middle anyway. I hope Aaron is okay and he needs to make sure he's healthy before even thinking about getting back on the court but we definitely need the big fella if we're going to hold onto the two seed (and the double bye into the tourny semis that comes with it).

If any casual CSU fans are reading this, I urge you to get down to the Wolstein Center this Saturday for the Butler game. The Valpo game on Thursday should be a great one too but Butler is a top 15 team and undefeated in conference. If CSU is to get back into the NCAA this year, they'll have to beat Butler at Butler in the finals. This game can send a message and having a good home court advantage would be huge.

The most fun I've ever had at a sporting event was two years ago when CSU upset Butler at home in front of 8,000. Every person there was into the game from the beginning and the Vikings fed off that energy. I'm expecting the same type of atmosphere Saturday.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Return to College Sports Arena