Text Size

College Sports Arena

Nat Signing Day

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Nat Signing Day

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:06 am

No thread yet from you recruiting dorks?

What's the deal, what's the story, share info and what not.

Henderson looking bad from the quick look I have made.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Nat Signing Day

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:15 am

Lots of blogs running today. This one is updated fairly often, I think:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ?eref=sihp
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Henderson looking bad from the quick look I have made.

Looking bad for us but BIG for the Canes. Word is his weekend at South Beach went ...too well.

Let's hope it's just hype.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:43 am

pod2dawg wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Henderson looking bad from the quick look I have made.

Looking bad for us but BIG for the Canes. Word is his weekend at South Beach went ...too well.

Let's hope it's just hype.

It's USC that's about to be signing Henderson per ESPN.

Good little live blog and scrolling ticker here:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rec ... /signings/

Bucknuts- http://ow.ly/13pIh
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby scott » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:03 pm

and Matt James to ND. Looks like OSU will lose out on both big OTs from Ohio. Is sweatervest losing his grip on the state?
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:05 pm

scott wrote:and Matt James to ND. Looks like OSU will lose out on both big OTs from Ohio. Is sweatervest losing his grip on the state?

Who is the other?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Pup wrote:
scott wrote:and Matt James to ND. Looks like OSU will lose out on both big OTs from Ohio. Is sweatervest losing his grip on the state?

Who is the other?

Morgan Moses also a miss. He went to UVA. Not sure who Scott's referring to as the other Ohio tackle.
Last edited by peeker643 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Morgan Moses. He went to UVA.

Moses has been known to struggle in finding the promised land. :hide:
Yes, I know, bad joke. Carry on.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby The Score » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Pup wrote:

Who is the other?

Morgan Moses. He went to UVA.

Did he get into UVA yet? Or anywhere?
The Score

Unread postby The Score » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Pup wrote:

Who is the other?

Henderson?
The Score

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:17 pm

The Score wrote:
Pup wrote:

Who is the other?

Henderson?

Minnesota Boy
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby scott » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Pup wrote:

Who is the other?

Morgan Moses also a miss. He went to UVA. Not sure who Scott's referring to as the other Ohio tackle.

My bad. Two different thoughts in my head w/ Henderson looking like he is going elsewhere after a ton of effort on Ohio State's side and I had the list of top Ohio recruits open.

Still a valid question. Buckeyes biggest gets are from out of state and they missed on some huge players in their backyard. Did they not spend enough time in state this year expecting to get those players easily? Is all recruiting national for a Top 25 school these days?

Tressell made his living off of keeping nearly all of the top Ohio recruits and adding to it with a couple steals from other states. The way things are playing out this year look remarkably different.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Meh. I like following along because I find the process interesting and, yes, I'd be happy with OSU sucking up the guys generally regarded as blue chippers. But it's such a crap shoot. It's more like the MLB amatuer draft than the NFL draft in terms of failure rates and surprises.

I don't put a tremendous amount of stock in it to be honest. They usually get done what they need to get done.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Five-star OT toTrojans?
7:36
AM ETUSC Trojans Top Email
Has Lane Kiffin pulled off another coup? After weeks of hearing that Ohio State was the leader for five-star OT Seantrel Henderson, reports are now starting to surface that Henderson will announce for USC later today. In fact, the St. Paul Pioneer-Press says that the Buckeyes have fallen to third in the race for Henderson, behind the Trojans and Miami. (Maybe his parents' desire to live in warmer weather -- they are moving with Henderson to wherever he ends up in college -- turned out to be the deciding factor.)

There is one big caveat to all of this: The Feb. 21 NCAA hearing on possible infractions committed by USC's football and basketball teams. The Pioneer-Press says that Henderson could commit to the Trojans but hold off on signing his letter of intent until after that hearing, just in case USC faces bigger sanctions than expected.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 pm

I obviously follow this stuff closely, and I used to let it affect the way my gut felt on NLOID. Not so much anymore.

Took a look back this morning at the 2005 recruiting class...and it's notable that 4-star guys like Ryan Williams (who?), Jamario O'Neal, Rob Schoenhoft, Maurice Wells, Andre Amos (and a few other decent 4-star guys like Denlinger, Cordle, Lawrence Wilson, Worthington) don't hold up five years later like a few of the 3-star guys like Malcolm Jenkins, James Laurinaitis and Brian Robiskie....all of whom are earning NFL paychecks today, unlike ALL of the above 4-stars.

I love some of the lesser known "speed" recruits in this OSU class (Roby, Reed, Hagan among others)

Matt James has always looked to me as much like a Conner Smith (a 5-star guy who never even got into the two-deep at OSU) as he does a Justin Boren...just sayin'.

Lots of OSU recruiting nuts are running around with their hair on fire this morning now that it looks like they'll lose Henderson to USC after losing James to ND. I'd obviously love to land Henderson, but the Bucks redshirted three OL's last year (Mewhort, Linsley, Longo) and Marcus Hall played a lot as a freshman and looks like a player. They return four starters on the line...and Brew Crew guys Shugarts, Adams and Brewster have two years left. TE Reid Fragel is very well thought of by OSU coaches as a potential OT before his career is over at OSU.

Norwell is the only OL in the class at the moment...but he's a good one (#2 ranked OT nationally before his senior year injury). This class will be (fairly) characterized as having limped to the finish line (unless they snag Henderson) but I'll wait a couple years before I tag it a "weak" class, thank you.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby neoleo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Good thoughts Wiz, very well said.

As for us losing Ohio recruits this year, we lost 3 that I can count, which is more than usual but not the beginning of the end. We lost Hicks who was never an OSU fan and only lived in Ohio for 4 years and the LB's are stacked at OSU, we lost James to ND which probably has more to do with the Cincinnati Catholic connection than anything else, and we lost Latwan Anderson to WVA because of his grades (although there are rumors that he may sneak back into this class now that we have the open schollies, assuming he gets the grade).

We already have a huge start on next years class with the top two DE's and there are rumors that some of the other bigger names in Ohio for 2011 will be committing soon.

I would still love to somehow snag Henderson, but two years ago Mike Adams was Henderson and he's been a disappointment so far (although he has two years left and can break out next year). Point is, it's not all about the 5 star rankings (as Wiz pointed out).
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Peeker643 wrote:Meh. I like following along because I find the process interesting and, yes, I'd be happy with OSU sucking up the guys generally regarded as blue chippers. But it's such a crap shoot. It's more like the MLB amatuer draft than the NFL draft in terms of failure rates and surprises.

I don't put a tremendous amount of stock in it to be honest. They usually get done what they need to get done.

I couldn't agree more. I used to get so nervous and bent out of shape about it, but classes look so different after a few years. I just think back to how bad I thought we absolutely HAD TO HAVE Mike D'andrea. I was so sure that Zwick was going to be a star. Who cared about guys like AJ Hawk and Troy Smith. Troy Smith is nothing more than a Stanley Jackson wannabe, right?

Henderson very well could be the next Pace, but ANYONE is more likely to be the next Alex Boone.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:55 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:26 pm

capsules and photos of all 18 OSU recruits (so far) from Scout:

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/942536.html
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby fairvis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:46 pm

I'm still holding out hope that we land Henderson, but that may be moot. I think this class fills some needs (kicker for one) but last year's class mainly redshirted. And I agree that all five-stars don't pan out... and think that Scott McVey is terribly underrated by some people- the dude is a beast that you could spot at all of Iggy's games the past few years on both sides of the ball. I remember him single-handedly take down St. X his junior season for the state title (against Matt James at times as well...)
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Let's hope that tall receiver from Shaw pans out. Getting one should at least make JB happy... It does appear he needs to spend some quality time with Mr. Weight room, and Mr. Protein supplement.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:56 pm

dmiles wrote:Let's hope that tall receiver from Shaw pans out. Getting one should at least make JB happy... It does appear he needs to spend some quality time with Mr. Weight room, and Mr. Protein supplement.

Intriguing receiver here as well that signed with OSU.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiti ... eason=2010

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:04 pm

dmiles wrote:Let's hope that tall receiver from Shaw pans out. Getting one should at least make JB happy... It does appear he needs to spend some quality time with Mr. Weight room, and Mr. Protein supplement.

How about spending some time with Mr. David Boston?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:

How about spending some time with Mr. David Boston?

:clap: :clap: Speeding up the process no doubt...
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:37 pm

I had dinner Saturday night with a friend who works at Shaw H.S. and knows Tyrone Williams and his situation. He says Williams may also need to spend some time with Mr. ACT Tutor if he is to successfully enroll at OSU. Keep an eye on this one.

The wide receiver group is probably the strength of this class...(along with the DB's..especially safeties). James Louis and Corey Brown along with Williams make an outstanding trio. (Edit: maybe Roby too, if he ends up at WR)

danwismar

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:50 pm

Has the ACT changed at all? I mean what is a good score these days. My kid who is near 4.0 as a freshman with some tough courses came out as basically half-retarded according to the counselor in his pre-ACT. (2nd lowest reading comprehension in 9th grade). I had a friend who took the ACT with me, and my score the first time through was 1 under getting a 2/3 scholarship at YSU and his was awful, I think a 15? Maybe 17. He's now an endodontist/family practice dentist so go figure (grades were excellent too). I recall a score of like 28 being phenom range but did the scale change over the last 20 years?

Bear in mind I am at a very wealthy score where kids are expected to get into Ivy's, Stanford, UCLA etc. With my net worth being so far negative, I don't see that happening anyway, but still I'd like to see the test scores move up.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Well, it was a down year in Ohio, and in those seasons Ohio State is almost never going to have a stellar class. Added to that was that some of the top talent were not Ohio Born, which also detracts from Ohio States pull.

I'm not happy with the final class, although I think its the nature of recruiting and not some indictment on the coaches for not working hard enough. Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles, particularly when you have a coaching staff who recruits in the way OSU does.

On the bright side, and adding onto what wiz said, I happen to really like some of the talent in this class.

Turner was the top player in the state after his Junior year on lots of lists. he didn't get worse this year, he just disappeared at Fork Union. He is underated now.

Looking at the 3 stars I really think that Williams, Hankins, Roby, Durham, McVey and Hagan are all very undervalued....these guys can play, they have great measurables as well. I just think they were flat out underated, and you won't hear me say that about every sub-4 star guy the buckeyes get.

Henderson would greatly improve the class IMO, not just from a talent position but from a need standpoint. Getting only 1 olineman in ANY class is a failure in my mind, and it wouldn't be the first time. Shofner should have been a buckeye IMO.

Silver lining if the bucks go o-fer today.......

The 2011 Ohio Class is the best and deepest since 2002, the class that produced Smith, Hawk, Carpenter, Mangold, Holmes, Clarett, Pittcock....

And Ohio State will probably get 8-9 of the top 10 in Ohio. I suspect it will be a top 5 class in the mold of 08-09.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:59 pm

from everything I've heard, Coz is exactly right about the 2011 class in Ohio....and the Bucks are said to be in great shape to clean up most of the top players...with two already in the fold. Braxton Miller is the key to it all. If they get an early commit from him....(say, tomorrow?) it will be a great draw for the rest of the studs to jump on board.

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Wiz, who was that kid from NEO (I believe), super tall lanky WR? You posted Youtube of him awhile back.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby TOTribeFan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Henderson signs with USC... DAMN............
TOTribeFan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:44 pm

TOTribeFan wrote:Henderson signs with USC... DAMN............

Bummer, man.

This is a bummer.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:04 pm

WAIT!!!!

I just got an email from Bucknuts that read:

"Henderson Commits

Seantrel Henderson announced a commitment to USC over offers from Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Miami, Minnesota and many others, then signed his letter of intent with the Buckeyes."

So, is this a typo or is Seantrel just a comedian?

Edit: From the looks of it it was just a typo. False alarm.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Lane Kiffin is such a fucking douche nozzle.

Can't wait for those NCAA sanctions.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby onlyindreams » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:48 pm

fairvis wrote:I'm still holding out hope that we land Henderson, but that may be moot. I think this class fills some needs (kicker for one) but last year's class mainly redshirted. And I agree that all five-stars don't pan out... and think that Scott McVey is terribly underrated by some people- the dude is a beast that you could spot at all of Iggy's games the past few years on both sides of the ball. I remember him single-handedly take down St. X his junior season for the state title (against Matt James at times as well...)

Yeah, he's very underrated by all the experts. He was ridiculously good as a junior, then tore his labrum in the first game of his senior year, so that may have kept him under the radar.
onlyindreams

Favorite Player: Browns Backup QB
Least Favorite Player: Browns Starting QB

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:59 pm

NYT reporter spent the last few days w/ Henderson and hits on his final decisions:

*including Tress boring the kid to death*

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/04/sport ... ref=sports
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:NYT reporter spent the last few days w/ Henderson and hits on his final decisions:

Maybe Tress should've walked up his crib with some Lil Wayne Cds, a Feminem shirt, and a baseball cap crooked to the side like.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:NYT reporter spent the last few days w/ Henderson and hits on his final decisions:

Maybe Tress should've walked up his crib with some Lil Wayne Cds, a Feminem shirt, and a baseball cap crooked to the side like.

Do you think Tress would cry if he was tied to a chair and forced to listen to your IPod for an hour?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Do you think Tress would cry if he was tied to a chair and forced to listen to your IPod for an hour?

Maybe. Lot of Anti Christian stuff on there.

The music on my iPod is flawless in every way. It's totaly perfect.

I bet Lane Kiffin blew him.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Lane Kiffin told them not to be worried, Sean Henderson said. “As far as he’s been informed — he was very, very choosy with his words — there shouldn’t be anything going wrong because there was no knowledge of anything going on by the staff,” Sean Henderson said.

:lmfao: Yes yes. Nothing to worry about there. As long as Lane Kiffin said it was OK. Why would he lie?

And that sore on your ballsac...don't give it a second thought. Bryant McKinnie said that girl was clean so you can take that to the bank.

The kid took an hour and a half to get a haircut? Obviously that enormous head isn't filled with brains.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
Lane Kiffin told them not to be worried, Sean Henderson said. “As far as he’s been informed — he was very, very choosy with his words — there shouldn’t be anything going wrong because there was no knowledge of anything going on by the staff,” Sean Henderson said.

:lmfao: Yes yes. Nothing to worry about there. As long as Lane Kiffin said it was OK. Why would he lie?

And that sore on your ballsac...don't give it a second thought. Bryant McKinnie said that girl was clean so you can take that to the bank.

The kid took an hour and a half to get a haircut? Obviously that enormous head isn't filled with brains.

Is it awesome? All you have to do to avoid trouble is play dumb.

Cop: "Sir why is there is a dead hooker in your trunk"

Guy: "Dead hooker?"

Cop: "yes there is a hooker in your trunk and she appears to be lifeless"

Guy: "Officer I had no knowledge of that"

Cop" Ok carry on"
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:26 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I bet Lane Kiffin blew him.

Nah Lane didn't but guaranteed somebody in SoCal did....Miami too, it was just better in LA with promises of more to come.

Kiff is an even bigger pirate then slippery Pete was. We dropped to #3 in with Henderson. That's OK Oregon & Stanford will bust them up again....& UCLA is closing in.

Not to fear Buck Nation, we make our run this year. Next year's recruiting class will be top 5. :guns:
pod2dawg

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wiz, who was that kid from NEO (I believe), super tall lanky WR? You posted Youtube of him awhile back.

you're thinking of Tyrone Williams from Shaw...a real project at 6' 7" about 190 lbs...but they'll put some pounds on him in a redshirt year. He's probably the least likely of the three incoming receivers to play in 2010. On the other hand, James Louis or Corey Brown could be a starting kickoff returner by September.

danwismar

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm

wiz1001 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Wiz, who was that kid from NEO (I believe), super tall lanky WR? You posted Youtube of him awhile back.

you're thinking of Tyrone Williams from Shaw...a real project at 6' 7" about 190 lbs...but they'll put some pounds on him in a redshirt year. He's probably the least likely of the three incoming receivers to play in 2010. On the other hand, James Louis or Corey Brown could be a starting kickoff returner by September.

Yeah, that'd be the guy.

I just have visions of what he could be in the red zone. No DB in the country could go up over him.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:13 am

Geez. Appears USC and Florida are raking in the talent.

USC has a coaching change, pending sanctions and the new coach is an idiot....

UF has a coach who retires, un-retires, says he's tired, then takes a sabbatical???

And these two programs are getting the best recruiting classes????
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby JoJo White » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:29 am

Seantrel Henderson will not sign with USC. At least not yet, according to Pete Thamel.

http://twitter.com/Petethamelnyt

# BREAKING NEWS: Top recruit Seantrel Henderson will not sign #USC LOI because of specter NCAA probation. Details in a few http://bit.ly/yEipO 17 minutes ago from TweetDeck
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby JoJo White » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:43 am

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/0 ... igned-yet/
February 3, 2010, 11:37 pm
Top U.S.C. Recruit Is Not Signed Yet
By THAYER EVANS

Seantrel Henderson, the highly recruited offensive lineman who announced Wednesday that he was going to Southern California, has not signed a letter of intent to play for the Trojans.

According to Henderson’s father, Sean, he will wait until U.S.C. appears before an N.C.A.A. infractions committee from Feb. 19-21 to hear about possible sanctions for the program before deciding whether to sign the letter. Though the Trojans are not likely to hear about any possible sanctions at that time, Sean Henderson said the hearing would give the family a sense of where the process was headed.

Henderson has until April 1 to sign a letter of intent. After that, Seantrel Henderson could find himself in a situation similar to Terrelle Pryor in 2008. Sean Henderson declined further comment.

USC mods saying Henderson is signed, sealed and delivered. Someone is lying/misinformed.
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:35 am

I'm not sure why any of these recruits would sign with out knowing the fate. While it is unlikely they are going to drop the hammer on a program like USC, I suppose it could happen... man would I love for it to happen.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 am

Ziner wrote:I'm not sure why any of these recruits would sign with out knowing the fate. While it is unlikely they are going to drop the hammer on a program like USC, I suppose it could happen... man would I love for it to happen.

^^^^ Me too. The City of Angels is a big draw. Hollywood baby! Let's just say it is a very "relaxed" & "entertaining" environment out there.

Kiffin will do better than Carrol..he'll also push the envelope even further if possible.

We ended up 26th @ Rivals & 20th @ Scout.

What should perplex us is how Snake Oil amidst all his turmoil landed #12 Scout & #20 Rivals.

2011 we won't lose out on 90% of the top home grown talent. It was an "imperfect" storm this year. :guns:
pod2dawg

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 am

Tress boring the FATHER to death. Daddy picked USC on this one. Lane knows how to recruit, he found the decision maker and sold him on LA opportunity. I don't think Columbus had what Sean was looking for personally.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:02 pm

USC got a big verbal commitment....... From a 13 year old.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... /index.php
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Next

Return to College Sports Arena