Text Size

College Sports Arena

TOSU VS TUM(FL) 10', 11'

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

TOSU VS TUM(FL) 10', 11'

Unread postby GameTimeAllTheTime » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:33 pm

I can see it already now... These two games we have against them are monumental for the State Ohio and the Buckeye football program. There is definite bad blood in this game because the Buckeyes NC win over them and the controversy on the pass interference play. Depending on the quality of play in this match up it could start a new college football rivalry.

Heres a video on the buckeyes win over Miami http://buckeyes.fandome.com/video/80511/Ohio-State-vs-Miami-2002/

:cheers:
"If we take Clark with our 2nd round pick as SD suggests, I will tie my penis in a knot." -------- Ziner on drafting Daryll Clark
GameTimeAllTheTime

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Chublie Weis

Re: TOSU VS TUM(FL) 10', 11'

Unread postby furls » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:59 pm

I am not sure how much bad blood there is since that game was 7 years ago now. Miami will have some hype next year, but I am not sold on them yet. I just hope the Bucks hit the ground running next year and Miami does not catch the Bucks as they are finding their way, like USC did last year.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 pm

I don't see any bad blood between the two teams. The biggest problem with this game will be how the large number of Ohio transplants in Miami deal with the smaller demographic of Hurricane fans v Buckeye fans.

Who was the coach of Miami in that Fiesta bowl again?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby GameTimeAllTheTime » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Regardless of the recent struggles the Hurricanes have had they were once a powerhouse. Also depending on how the Buckeyes do TOSU has a opportunity to make Miami a pipe-line city for recruiting. Florida is a beast when it comes to recruits especially in Miami thats where the talent is. It's kinda hard for me to think that there would be no bad blood between both of these teams. Miami and the state of Florida thought they were cheated out of a nc game. Ill bet you there will be some flags because of scuffles.
"If we take Clark with our 2nd round pick as SD suggests, I will tie my penis in a knot." -------- Ziner on drafting Daryll Clark
GameTimeAllTheTime

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Chublie Weis

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 am

GameTimeAllTheTime wrote:I can see it already now... These two games we have against them are monumental for the State Ohio and the Buckeye football program. There is definite bad blood in this game because the Buckeyes NC win over them and the controversy on the pass interference play. Depending on the quality of play in this match up it could start a new college football rivalry.

Heres a video on the buckeyes win over Miami http://buckeyes.fandome.com/video/80511/Ohio-State-vs-Miami-2002/

Monumental games? There's no bad blood. Comes down to an elite program (tOSU) playing against a school attempting to return to elite status. Ain't happening, tOSU will roll Miami next year at the 'Shoe. A potential speed bump, but nothing the Bucks shouldn't handle with ease.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby pup » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:47 am

fundamentals wrote:
GameTimeAllTheTime wrote:I can see it already now... These two games we have against them are monumental for the State Ohio and the Buckeye football program. There is definite bad blood in this game because the Buckeyes NC win over them and the controversy on the pass interference play. Depending on the quality of play in this match up it could start a new college football rivalry.

Monumental games? There's no bad blood. Comes down to an elite program (tOSU) playing against a school attempting to return to elite status. Ain't happening, tOSU will roll Miami next year at the 'Shoe. A potential speed bump, but nothing the Bucks shouldn't handle with ease.

Bucks roll in 2010.

Pete Carrol to Miami in 2011 and that game is huuuuuuuge.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 am

Pup wrote:Bucks roll in 2010.

Pete Carrol to Miami in 2011 and that game is huuuuuuuge.

Pete Caroll going David Lee Roth? :pop:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:26 pm

FUDU wrote:Who was the coach of Miami in that Fiesta bowl again?

Larry Coker
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to College Sports Arena