Text Size

College Sports Arena

Bowl Games Thread/Discussion

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Bowl Games Thread/Discussion

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:43 am

Swerb wrote:R.I.P. MacPhisto

Should we start putting Green Lantern pics on milk cartons?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby dpdad » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:48 am

At least we won't have to hear talk about how Cincy could play with the Buckeyes any more.

Do feel bad for the UC players though, having their coach bail on them like that. Just one more reason to hate Notre Dame.
dpdad

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:18 am

JB wrote:
wiz1001 wrote:How sweet it it!

C'mon, fess up people. Who expected a career game out of Pryor tonight? ....especially after that first run when he pulled up limping? Not me, that's for sure.

Ballard with an amazing play in his last game....and speaking of stepping up for last games..how 'bout Doug Worthington's performance?

Didn't understand Herron being in the game at the end instead of Saine....I think Saine has earned the #1 tailback role by his performance on the field. Don't know if Saine was dinged, or maybe JT feels Herron was less of a fumble risk....a little puzzling

Bucks will be in Top 5 in preseason rankings for sure. Replacing safeties my biggest worry.

Big Ten now 3-2 with Iowa and MSU to go. Don't think MSU has much of a chance. Go Hawkeyes!

thought Homan and Rolle both played well

Thing about it Danny is that this was FAR from a perfect game by TP. He was shit in the 3rd qtr, with bad passes blowing 10 points on two drives. He's still all mostly upside. God help the Big 10 if he ever can read a D and throw accurately consistency. He can still fill out at 260 - 270 as well. I'd say he's at about 40% of what he could be as a QB and he's still Rose Bowl MVP. I do love how hard he ran tonight. No more Franco runs OOB. Silly, silly potential still. Keep working, kid. You can see his progress at times.

But how high is your upside if you don't see the field? This is my major concern with how high his ceiling actually is. Not sure that can be taught, also not sure how much that grows with experience.

There have been an awful lot of plays left on the field this year, and the talk of Tressell "handcuffing" Pryor, well, I'd make the case many times it's the other way around. There have been big plays that have failed not by their design, but by their execution.

That being said, he's extremely talented in areas - areas which allow him to make plays, and win. But as far as evolving into an all-time great at that position - being an average passer at best up to this point, and not seeing the field......those are big hurdles if you want to be great ILO.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:24 am

Lead Pipe wrote:
JB wrote:
wiz1001 wrote:How sweet it it!

C'mon, fess up people. Who expected a career game out of Pryor tonight? ....especially after that first run when he pulled up limping? Not me, that's for sure.

Ballard with an amazing play in his last game....and speaking of stepping up for last games..how 'bout Doug Worthington's performance?

Didn't understand Herron being in the game at the end instead of Saine....I think Saine has earned the #1 tailback role by his performance on the field. Don't know if Saine was dinged, or maybe JT feels Herron was less of a fumble risk....a little puzzling

Bucks will be in Top 5 in preseason rankings for sure. Replacing safeties my biggest worry.

Big Ten now 3-2 with Iowa and MSU to go. Don't think MSU has much of a chance. Go Hawkeyes!

thought Homan and Rolle both played well

Thing about it Danny is that this was FAR from a perfect game by TP. He was shit in the 3rd qtr, with bad passes blowing 10 points on two drives. He's still all mostly upside. God help the Big 10 if he ever can read a D and throw accurately consistency. He can still fill out at 260 - 270 as well. I'd say he's at about 40% of what he could be as a QB and he's still Rose Bowl MVP. I do love how hard he ran tonight. No more Franco runs OOB. Silly, silly potential still. Keep working, kid. You can see his progress at times.

But how high is your upside if you don't see the field? This is my major concern with how high his ceiling actually is. Not sure that can be taught, also not sure how much that grows with experience.

There have been an awful lot of plays left on the field this year, and the talk of Tressell "handcuffing" Pryor, well, I'd make the case many times it's the other way around. There have been big plays that have failed not by their design, but by their execution.

That being said, he's extremely talented in areas - areas which allow him to make plays, and win. But as far as evolving into an all-time great at that position - being an average passer at best up to this point, and not seeing the field......those are big hurdles if you want to be great ILO.

I am positive that it can be taught.

It remains to be seen if TP can learn that.

But the progress is there in spurts. The rest is some dumb luck that is the residue of sick, sick athleticism. It was good enough yesterday.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 am

JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:Wow.

NC. Nooo class.

Just for playing it like Meyer and Teabag are playing it now, I hope this is how Teabags ends his career. This'll give 'em something to cry about.

God won't let Tebow get hurt.

True dat.

I expect him to ascend to Heaven while still alive.
That is hilarious JB.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby furls » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:26 pm

This TP talk reminds me alot about the way we talked about Troy Smith after the 2004 season. Granted TP has a lot more reps in the system, but he does still have two years of eligibility to figure it out. He is not a finished product, far from it, but it is pretty clear that he can be the dynamic playmaker that must be accounted for at all time. My biggest bust on him is that he needs to be more decisive, earlier in the play.

This is a case where I think that the game yesterday has lasting mental effects on the kid. He will be a changed man after that game; he put the team on his shoulders and carried them to OSU's most important victory since the 2002 NC game. Next year, we should see some swagger and hopefully a better O-line.

This game was huge, not just for today's players, but also in recruiting. The Buckeyes proved that they were in that top tier of teams and that may be enough to lock up Hankins and Floyd and maybe enough to sway Henderson. Any of those three would be huge gets fro the program.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Or maybe Hicks after Texas gets clobbered in the NC game on Thursday.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby furls » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:03 pm

I have no hope, nor hold any delusions that Jordan Hicks will come to OSU. Furthermore, of all the guys that the Bucks are seriously in play with he is the one that they can most afford to lose/miss out on with Etienne Sabino, Andrew Sweat, Jordan Whiting, and Dorian Bell all gathering dust on the bench. I do not see Hicks as a guy that is substantially better than Sabino, Sweat, or Bell (at least not to the point that he would hurdle them on the depth chart immediately).

I think they get the two from Glenville (Anderson and Bryant). They will probably miss on Henderson. They will probably land one or both of Floyd and Hankins. The Bucks really need at least one of the DTs and they could really use Seantrel Henderson (who couldn't use the nation's #1 recruit). I think they will probably get at least one of the DTs.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:33 pm

dpdad wrote:At least we won't have to hear talk about how Cincy could play with the Buckeyes any more.

Do feel bad for the UC players though, having their coach bail on them like that. Just one more reason to hate Notre Dame.

Of course we won't, the season is over. ;-) ;) :wink: Not that I ever minded the talk they did. I'd rather have a team that was confident that they could win a game against tOSU. They got themselves into alot of trouble by stacking the line like 'bama did and dared Teabow to beat them through the air. Obviously they don't have the same personel as 'bama to do this. For 2 years perception was that tOSU couldn't compete with SEC schools either. These past 2 successful years at UC maybe helps them with recruiting and they start to get bigger, faster guys for their. It'll be interesting to see

Sucks when your head coach that had you buy into what he was selling, bails out. Leaves you with an interim coach and staff that are out looking for jobs themselves. Kind of makes your focus on the bowl game not so much of a priority.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Yeah I hope the Florida beat down puts all this Cincy TCU can play with the big boy stuff to rest for a while. It is just simply absurd. To begin with the talent levels are so different, not too mention the schedules they play that lead to such baseless claims of equality and parity by the media.

5 minutes into the game the Cincy kids were saying to each other, "now we know why we go to this university".

FUDU

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 pm

FUDU wrote: TCU can play with the big boy stuff to rest for a while.

TCU can this season. Boise is pretty good as well.

BJ Daniels and the USF D are laying an egg so far. It's a MAC team for christ's sake.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Kinda like bitching that when Christ turned water to wine it wasn't a vintage batch.

Well, if I was at that party and drank wine touched by the hand of Christ Himself I'd damn sure be expecting at least a '78 Chateau Laffitte Rothschild vs a Qt of Ripple....
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
FUDU wrote: TCU can play with the big boy stuff to rest for a while.

TCU can this season. Boise is pretty good as well.

BJ Daniels and the USF D are laying an egg so far. It's a MAC team for christ's sake.
I'm sorry I won't buy it until I see it happen. TCU has played who exactly?

BTW nice win by Penn State. Classic game and they played well for the most part.

FUDU

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:32 pm

FUDU wrote: I'm sorry I won't buy it until I see it happen. TCU has played who exactly?

BYU, Utah, Clemson. It's a shame that they are matched up with Boise State, because people who don't understand how good they are and who never watched a single snap of any of their games needed to see TCU play one of the "established" teams to be able to understand that they are very very good.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:38 pm

FUDU wrote:I'm sorry I won't buy it until I see it happen. TCU has played who exactly?

It's not just who they've beaten- it's how. They manhandled the other top teams in the MWC- and BYU and Utah are pretty good football teams. TCU is the real deal.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Urban is my hero. The Big East just took a nut from a 400lb dude in the eye and it made my holidays.

1-AA football.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Urban is my hero. The Big East just took a nut from a 400lb dude in the eye and it made my holidays.

1-AA football.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Urban is my hero. The Big East just took a nut from a 400lb dude in the eye and it made my holidays.

1-AA football.

I wanted Cincinnati to lose, but not like this. It's like if you dislike someone. You might not mind if they got slapped around a little, but you don't necessarily want them brained with a tire iron and left to die in the street.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:14 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Urban is my hero. The Big East just took a nut from a 400lb dude in the eye and it made my holidays.

1-AA football.

I wanted Cincinnati to lose, but not like this. It's like if you dislike someone. You might not mind if they got slapped around a little, but you don't necessarily want them brained with a tire iron and left to die in the street.

lol. That's a goddamn good analogy.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:21 pm

The K from ECU needs cut. Another bowl game the SEC eeks through.

Texas Tech is on another level then the remnants of Sparty. This could get ugly.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:30 am

Erie Warrior wrote:

Texas Tech is on another level then the remnants of Sparty. This could get ugly.

Not so fast my friend. No D in the French 12.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:03 am

Well like it or not the French 12 does have us 2-0 for the bowl season. Mich. St. really just didn't have the athletes on the edges to defend this kind of attack. I really thought Dantonio started using his timeouts too early. Might as well see if you can stop them on the first set of downs, but since they didn't stop them on any set I guess it didn't matter. At the 4:10 mark or whatever I think it was just too soon. I mean hell you know they are going to pass a ball and miss one at some point.

How about the stones of going right back to the same play on 4th down to Torres when he'd dropped the 3rd down conversion. Screw it, they aren't covering you up (again), we are going to exploit you.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:09 pm

TCU/Boise is no match for TNA and WWE tonight :bag:
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:41 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:TCU/Boise is no match for TNA and WWE tonight :bag:

Maybe watch an episode of "I wouldn't recognize good football if I saw it"?
mattvan1

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Nothing like reliving the old WCW days for TNA. Old farts and stables :roll :roll: Great to see Bret Hart back though.
metalhead9x9

Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 pm

mattvan1 wrote:

Thanks Jay Literal, and I've been to several Browns games, I KNOW good football.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:08 am

TouchEmAllTime wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Thanks Jay Literal, and I've been to several Browns games, I KNOW good football.

Touche :cheers:

I nickname this as either the "No One Gives Two Shits" Bowl or the "We Got Screwed by the Man" Bowl.

Shame that two very decent teams from mid major conferences have to play one another, while Cincy got date raped by the Gators.
mattvan1

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:52 am

No winners in that bowl game. Nice win by Boise though. That game did shit for being able to gauge the talent of those two.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:59 am

Ziner wrote:No winners in that bowl game. Nice win by Boise though. That game did shit for being able to gauge the talent of those two.

Agree. Thoroughly disappointing. TCU showed nada on O. Donny is vindicated.

A solid feh.
mattvan1

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:59 am

Screw it, as far as I'm concerned Boise St. is Nat'l Champs. And I'm saying this as a Giant :fu: to the BCS.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 am

Triple-S wrote:Screw it, as far as I'm concerned Boise St. is Nat'l Champs.

I am sure they are losing sleep over that ;-) ;) :wink:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby SteveR » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:48 am

Ziner wrote:No winners in that bowl game. Nice win by Boise though. That game did shit for being able to gauge the talent of those two.

The game did well for Boise St...because they are returning all but 4 seniors and may well run the table again..by beating #4 TCU (which was higher ranked than Oklahoma was in the 2006 Fiesta Bowl)..They set themselves up for a possible top 5 preseason ranking next year..

The Next BCS bowl you see the Broncos in may very well be the BCS championshipship game

Whether you believe it or not..if they go 13 -0 again..they're going to get a shot
SteveR

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:57 am

Triple-S wrote:Screw it, as far as I'm concerned Boise St. is Nat'l Champs. And I'm saying this as a Giant :fu: to the BCS.

Say F.U. to the BCS and watch Boise play in the Blue Turf Bowl on December 23.

Schools like Boise should fall to their knees and thank God for the BCS.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:41 am

SteveR wrote:

The game did well for Boise St...because they are returning all but 4 seniors and may well run the table again..by beating #4 TCU (which was higher ranked than Oklahoma was in the 2006 Fiesta Bowl)..They set themselves up for a possible top 5 preseason ranking next year..

The Next BCS bowl you see the Broncos in may very well be the BCS championshipship game

Whether you believe it or not..if they go 13 -0 again..they're going to get a shot

They'll get the same shot next year as they had this year.

If two teams from a real conference are undefeated as well, they'll be elsewhere.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:29 am

The game blew.

No one one wanted to see a 17-10 defense struggle with those two teams.

They should both thank Christ that, despite my initial reactions, neither played Florida, etc.

Just disappointing to watch.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:53 am

I guess I can put this here, Tebow's performance against Wincy should pretty much put the pictures of him crying on the bottom shelf for a long time. Sick game he had, sick game Cincy had to.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:00 am

Sigh of the apocolypse: Troy vs CMU in a bowl after the Rose Bowl is played.
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:39 pm

JB wrote:Sigh of the apocolypse: Troy vs CMU in a bowl after the Rose Bowl is played.

That might be a pretty damn good game. It's just being played a month late.

(I'm in favor of an annual meeting between the MAC and Sun Belt champs along the lines of the old California Bowl between the MAC and Big West. We can anticipate w/bated breath the battle to see which is the 10th best FBS league.)
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:40 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
JB wrote:Sigh of the apocolypse: Troy vs CMU in a bowl after the Rose Bowl is played.

(I'm in favor of an annual meeting between the MAC and Sun Belt champs along the lines of the old California Bowl between the MAC and Big West. We can anticipate w/bated breath the battle to see which is the 10th best FBS league.)

Ehh, you can take a look at LeFevour if nothing else. Beats (barely) watching the NFL combine.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Peeker643 wrote:Ehh, you can take a look at LeFevour if nothing else. Beats (barely) watching the NFL combine.

LeFevour is a stiff. Levi Brown might be worth a 6th round flier.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:12 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:

The one and only point, homie.

This should be the 1PM lead in to the Sun Bowl at 5 pm.

I hate what has become of the NYD tradition.
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:08 pm

JB wrote:I hate what has become of the NYD tradition.

Needless to say, I agree
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby neoleo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Ricky Stanzi strikes again. Lights up the Yellow Jackets for one whole quarter before ending it with a pick 6.

Iowa up 14-7 after completely dominating the first 15 minutes.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby neoleo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
JB wrote:I hate what has become of the NYD tradition.

Needless to say, I agree

Completely agree. It's worse than any normal Saturday where you can usually find anywhere from 2-4 games on at a time all day long.

Now NYD just has one game at a time and all the good bowls are spread out.

I remember the days when the Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton, Gator, Sun, Citrus/Capital One, Outback, were all on the NYD (and that's just off the top of my head).
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Iowa looking tough on both sides of the ball. Moeaki is good. Been looking forward to this match up all week.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Pretty sure the Orange Bowl was always New Years Eve but I agree

New format sucks and as much as I like watching games, its now too strung out

Plus you can't change the channel when the obligatory crap game or two appears
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:35 pm

NEOLeo wrote:Ricky Stanzi strikes again. Lights up the Yellow Jackets for one whole quarter before ending it with a pick 6.

Iowa up 14-7 after completely dominating the first 15 minutes.

Not a good throw, but the wr stood there like a statue and waited for the ball. He takes two steps back toward the QB, as he has been taught, it's an incompletion or pass interference.

BTW, why is the latest cameraman fad to show the 987 shots of the crowd? I don't need to see Iowa fans. Their cheerleaders, however, are another matter.
mattvan1

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Pretty sure the Orange Bowl was always New Years Eve but I agree

Nope.

God intended the Astro-Blue bonnet Bowl for NYE, and NYD kicked off with Lindsay Nelson at the Cotton Bowl at 1PM. The Rose Bowl would be at 1PM and either OSU or UM would play UCLA or USC,. with Stanford every blue moon.

The Orange and Sugar would kick off the eebing, end the season, and start the debate.

By 10 or 11 pm, it was all over but the fightin'.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:45 pm

JB wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Pretty sure the Orange Bowl was always New Years Eve but I agree

Nope.

God intended the Astro-Blue bonnet Bowl for NYE, and NYD kicked off with Lindsay Nelson at the Cotton Bowl at 1PM. The Rose Bowl would be at 1PM and either OSU or UM would play UCLA or USC,. with Stanford every blue moon.

The Orange and Sugar would kick off the eebing, end the season, and start the debate.

By 10 or 11 pm, it was all over but the fightin'.

Yep. New Years night was always Orange and Sugar. Orange on NBC, Sugar on ABC.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby neoleo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm pretty sure it means the Bowl Season has officially jumped the shark when Kool and the Gang is on TV rapping.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena