Text Size

College Sports Arena

Sullinger and Cols. Northland Beat Nations #1 Team

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Sullinger and Cols. Northland Beat Nations #1 Team

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:11 am

OSU-bound Jared Sullinger had 32 pts, 17 bounds and 3 blocks as Northland, a little old public school from Columbus, took down the #1 ranked team in the country, Findlay Prep of Las Vegas, on national TV (ESPN)

Jason at Eleven Warriors says...

http://bit.ly/5hfpK0

...can we talk a little bit about Findlay Prep? The first thing you should know is that nobody at Findlay Prep takes math, history or physics. It’s not even a school. Because of that, schools from two states, California and Georgia aren’t even allowed to play against the team.

The Henderson, Nevada club team plays a national schedule with entire lineups made up of D1 recruits and in just three years of existence, has quickly become the top “prep” team in the land (the team has an all-time record of 75-1). Attracting players from all over the world, the Pilots’ top player, future Longhorn Tristan Thompson is a Canadian.

Northland's second best player, J.D. Weatherspoon, also commited to OSU, missed the game with an injury. Impressive.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: Sullinger and Cols. Northland Beat Nations #1 Team

Unread postby furls » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:06 am

Great kid + Ridiculous talent + HS Coach for dad = ???? sky is the limit.

Hell of an accomplishment against exceptional talent. I am pretty sure he just answered the argument about who is the overall #1 in the nation. He is much more NCAA ready than Oden was. With Satch Sullinger coaching, the 2010 class could thrash the current Buckeyes with Turner back.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:20 am

I watched the entire second half last night while flipping through the channels. Sullinger was a force, they were making no bones about it down the stretch. Feed the post and clear the f_ck out. Very impressive.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby pup » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:48 am

IIRC, that is the second time I have watched him/them play. And both times dude went to the stripe to win a game and hit nothing but net on the 4 attempts. Very nice. Solid at the line and ice water in the arteries.

Now, the foul call itself? Eeeeeeeek.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby fundamentals » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:06 pm

IIRC Sullinger's father sat him in an OHSAA tourney game when he was a sophomore because of some issues academically, did it on his own accord, wasn't school induced, impressed me that he wouldn't put basketball success over academics/behavior. A good team that has a chance to repeat as OHSAA D1 state champs.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Return to College Sports Arena