Text Size

College Sports Arena

Duron Carter/Rob Rose likely ineligible for Rose Bowl

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Duron Carter/Rob Rose likely ineligible for Rose Bowl

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Well this sucks.

Carter ranks third on the team in receiving yards (176) and tied for fifth in receptions (13). He appeared in all 12 regular-season games as a true freshman and served as the team's No. 4 wideout behind DeVier Posey, Dane Sanzenbacher and Ray Small.

Rose played in 11 games as a reserve for the Buckeyes, recording 10 tackles, three for loss, and two sacks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/n ... id=4745782
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Duron Carter/Rob Rose likely ineligible for Rose Bowl

Unread postby swerb » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:40 pm

Rose was supposed to be The Next Big Thing when he came outta Glenville. A big disappointment. Career never came around the way Worthington's did late. Hurts DL depth, though the way Simon has played ... I don't see it as a big deal. Bummer for him as a senior.

Expected a little more from Carter this year, but I think he was hurt a little by Posey's emergence .... also the fact that our quarterback can't pass the ball.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Wonder how much shit daddy is taking over at ESPN? And how that rolls at Christmas dinner?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:28 pm

All I know is it's frightening to believe that Ray Small isn't the stone-cold-stupidest receiver on the roster.

"Mr. Blutarski....zero-point-zero."
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Can you imagine how good Ray Small could have been if he could just "play ball" with the coaches/school?

Posey is excellent and that is Carter's loss, as is his GPA apparently. I am not sure that the loss of Carter hurts that bad this year, although, he is a guy that we should definitely be watching out for next year. Definitely emerged as one of the gems of the 09 class, which may end up being better than the heralded 08 class.

Rose, well, he showed flashes as a true freshman, as a sophomore, and just never seemed to elevate as an upperclassmen. His career reminds me of Justin Zwick's; he came in with all the hype, but could never break the rotation to get the time on the field.

I don't think either of them really affect this game. John Simon has shown a lot more as a freshman that Rose has over his career.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:28 am

They say Taurian Washington is repping in Carter's spot as the #3 WR....talk about a guy who hasn't been able to deliver in games. I think he has one career catch at OSU in three years. Always impressive in practice and a 2-time Spring Game "MVP", he had his shot in the opener this year, and IIRC he dropped the first two (maybe three ) balls thrown his way, and really never saw the field the rest of the season. What a stage for his breakout game!
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby furls » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:54 am

Washington is another one that just has not been able to breakthrough in spite of the reports of amazing practice reps and spring games.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby jack_tors » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:31 am

Peeker643 wrote:All I know is it's frightening to believe that Ray Small isn't the stone-cold-stupidest receiver in the history of the program.

Fixed that quote for you. If Ray Small had half a brain, he would be one of the best receivers this school as ever seen. He literally is the walking embodiment of million dollar legs and a ten cent head.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby jb » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Screw 'em.

We got Big Dane.

:hide:

He'll pick up any needed slack, and we need to be running the damn ball anyway.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:09 pm

wiz1001 wrote:They say Taurian Washington is repping in Carter's spot as the #3 WR....talk about a guy who hasn't been able to deliver in games. I think he has one career catch at OSU in three years. Always impressive in practice and a 2-time Spring Game "MVP", he had his shot in the opener this year, and IIRC he dropped the first two (maybe three ) balls thrown his way, and really never saw the field the rest of the season. What a stage for his breakout game!

So he took the crown from Bam Childress then. That guy was THE KING of practice and spring performances, then turnaround and be nothing in reg. games.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby danwismar » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:22 pm

JB wrote:Screw 'em.

We got Big Dane.

Glad to see DS has moved up in your mind from Lil Dane to Big Dane. Baby steps.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:18 pm

wiz1001 wrote:
JB wrote:Screw 'em.

We got Big Dane.

Glad to see DS has moved up in your mind from Lil Dane to Big Dane. Baby steps.

He's a Rose Bowl-winning TD Catch from JB forever calling him Great Dane. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Return to College Sports Arena