Text Size

College Sports Arena

Swerb's College Bowl Pool

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Swerb's College Bowl Pool

Unread postby swerb » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:15 am

Link:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... roup/12305

$25 to play. Standard confidence pool. Pick the winners of all 34 college bowl games, assigning confidence points to each game, from 34 down to 1. Most points at the end is the winner. Will pay 75% to first place, 25% to second place.

The first game is this coming Saturday at 4:30 PM. Picks and entry fee must be submitted by then. Payment can be submitted by PayPal to richswerb@gmail.com or by check (email me for address).

Please also email me at richswerb@gmail.com to confirm entry and let me know form of payment.

Group ID - 12305
Password - buckeyes
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Swerb's College Bowl Pool

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:27 pm

Not sure if I'll play but FTR my pick for OSU is 23.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby furls » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Yahoo's method of ranking picks is horrible. It is so cumbersome. It took me 3 minutes to make my picks. It has taken me the better part of the last hour to move teams around.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:53 pm

Furls wrote:Yahoo's method of ranking picks is horrible. It is so cumbersome. It took me 3 minutes to make my picks. It has taken me the better part of the last hour to move teams around.

Furls, there's an option on the right side of the page to use the "classic" method of assiging points via drop down boxes.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby furls » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:09 pm

Man, where were you an hour and a half ago!
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Man, I picked some dogs this year.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby swerb » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Furls wrote:Man, where were you an hour and a half ago!

Drinking Christmas Ale on my couch. :thumb up:

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby furls » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:58 pm

Man, no Great Lakes Brewery in CT. Best I got up here is probably Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Seasonal Ale. Still pretty damn good. It is a solid substitute, but not the real thing.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:42 am

Man the FSU/WYO and SMU/Nevada games have cleaned some clocks. I got bit by FSU bad, but I nailed SMU.

Also, I just got a case of GLB Xmas Ale from my inlaws. They are now welcomed guests. I still have no idea what my favorite GLB is... Elliot Ness? Dortmunder? I just don't know.

FWIW, GLB Burning River was ranked #2 in Maxim's best Pale Ale's (right behind Sierra Nevada). I also, like Sierra Nevada quite a bit.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Return to College Sports Arena