Text Size

College Sports Arena

U.S. House subcommittee approves legislation toward forcing

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

U.S. House subcommittee approves legislation toward forcing

Unread postby fabs227 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:08 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-bl ... roves.html

WTF.. I am not a person to really get into politics. I really think all politicians like to hear themselves talk. Will someone smack these guys in the face and get down the real issues that face this country.
fabs227

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: U.S. House subcommittee approves legislation toward forcing

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Screw it.

I'm a Libetarian-conservative and normally against this type of thing, but there's no other way BUT this option.

None.

Name me another way a playoff is going to happen? Are the School Presidents and Conference Commissioners finally going to be open to such an idea? No, never in a million years. The BCS conferences want to keep the money all to themselves and ensure the Kent State's of the world don't get their fair share or shot like in say, NCAA Basketball. I am of the belief that if nothing can be done, than the Gov't should be brought in as the very last solution. And frankly, this is at the last solution, and besides 85 PERCENT OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL FANS WANT THIS, that's certainly higher poll numbers than people who want health care reform, etc.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =121081328

If this is what it takes, I'll betray my political leanings on this and be in full support of it.

Hey and better they work on this, then screwing us over with a bad healthcare bill or piss more of our money down the drain.

I hope this gets passed and the BCS dies a quick death and we are talking about Ohio State's upcoming first round home playoff game in the Shoe this time next year.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby furls » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:21 pm

This is ridiculous. At least they took the time to win a two front asymmetric war, fix the economy, healthcare, and social security before getting to this. Oh, wait.... ehhhh, forget it.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby jb » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Without even rading, lemme guess.

A TCU alumn and the reps from Idaho?yawn.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:40 pm

If this gets pushed to the forefront ahead of them legislating away my ability to play on-line poker I'm all for it.

Just got a 6 month reprieve on the poker because they determined everything else on their plate is a little more important than the UIGEA legislation.

But fer crissakes....
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Peeker643 wrote:If this gets pushed to the forefront ahead of them legislating away my ability to play on-line poker I'm all for it.

Just got a 6 month reprieve on the poker because they determined everything else on their plate is a little more important than the UIGEA legislation.

But fer crissakes....

They're going to stop my sports betting in April or May too from what I read.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Furls wrote:This is ridiculous. At least they took the time to win a two front asymmetric war, fix the economy, healthcare, and social security before getting to this. Oh, wait.... ehhhh, forget it.

On the other hand while they arent working on it, at least they cant screw it up further.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Return to College Sports Arena