Text Size

College Sports Arena

Turner injured - out 8 weeks

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Turner injured - out 8 weeks

Unread postby daddywags » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 pm

According to the ABC scroll just now, apparently Evan Turner fell making a dunk in today's rout. He broke two vertebrae and is out for 8 weeks. Bad, bad, break for Turner and the Bucks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4716240
daddywags

Re: Turner injured - out 8 weeks

Unread postby davemanddd » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:40 pm

didn't mean to duplicate your post. there wasn't one in here about it when i first started to type mine up. yours is more like a short-but-sweet just to get it out there twitter post so we might just want to have the mods combine them. you can have the first one. doesn't matter to me.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby daddywags » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:49 pm

I will gladly defer. You did more work than I did. Mine can just be nuked. Sad situation, though, I was just starting to really look at Turner as a potential NBA player (which is why I bothered to post). He has/had a lot of potential.
daddywags

Unread postby jack_tors » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:26 pm

That was one of the scariest falls to the floor I have seen in a while. I am happy there wasnt more damage done to the young man.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:42 pm

I was in high school and jumped off a bleacher to slam dunk. I held onto the rim for some reason and my legs went horizontal. My momentum pulled my hands off the rim, and I landed on the lower part of my back. I jumped up and acted like nothing happened because the gym was full of fellow students during lunch, and I was embarrassed to high heaven. I hurt like hell, and the next day there was three circled bruises, where I had hit. I have had back problems ever since, but I played through it, because I was so embarrassed to tell anybody about it. Hopefully Turner heals up well, with treatment.

For myself, I don't know where I was more stupid. The act itself, or the lack of seeking treatment. Live and learn I guess.
WarAdmiral

Return to College Sports Arena