Text Size

College Sports Arena

UNC vs UK

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

UNC vs UK

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:07 pm

#1 all time wins vs #2 all time wins

I am so pumped up for this game today. Half hour from tip-off and I can hardly contain myself to my chair. First time in a seemingly long, long time, that UK can hang with UNC talent wise. Wall is a special player, and Cousins is one flying around, kick your ass kind of big man. I look for the usually solemn Rupp arena to be in rare form today, and hopefully the young players will be able to get some momentum early and feed of the hopefully fired up crowd. I expect the blue hairs to raise and shake their canes at the Carolina boys, but doubt that UNC will be effected. This is a huge, huge game for the Kentucky program, and Calipari. This game is why boosters boost.

UNC's front court is deep and strong. There is over 20 NBA scouts in Lexington for the game, and there will a lot of potential 1st rounders on the court today.
User avatar
WarAdmiral
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Mantua, oh

Re: UNC vs UK

Unread postby mswerb » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Great game. My boys fell short at the end. Turnovers are killing them.
Look for both of these teams to make some noise as the season progresses.
User avatar
mswerb
Carolina Junkie
 
Posts: 1433
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Euclid, OH
Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Re: UNC vs UK

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:28 pm

mswerb wrote:Great game. My boys fell short at the end. Turnovers are killing them.
Look for both of these teams to make some noise as the season progresses.



You might, or might not like this article/blog post, but I thought it was a great read. It is written by a Tarheel fan, who attended the game Saturday. I agree with the fan he sat by, that told his wife, that Wall may be the best PG he has ever seen wear our Blue.

http://www.sbnation.com/2009/12/7/1188752/the-basketball-cathedral-kentuckys
User avatar
WarAdmiral
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Mantua, oh

Re: UNC vs UK

Unread postby pup » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:50 am

WarAdmiral wrote:
mswerb wrote:Great game. My boys fell short at the end. Turnovers are killing them.
Look for both of these teams to make some noise as the season progresses.



You might, or might not like this article/blog post, but I thought it was a great read. It is written by a Tarheel fan, who attended the game Saturday. I agree with the fan he sat by, that told his wife, that Wall may be the best PG he has ever seen wear our Blue.

http://www.sbnation.com/2009/12/7/1188752/the-basketball-cathedral-kentuckys


But, who took his SAT?

(just kidding war)
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: UNC vs UK

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm officially in love w/ John Wall.

Not that this surprises anyone.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: UNC vs UK

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm officially in love w/ John Wall.

Not that this surprises anyone.


As long as prison sex isn't any part of that love, I am with you. He is tremendously gifted and invested the time in honing those gifts. If he stays healthy, UK will be very hard to beat this year. UConn is the next test for them, and I am looking forward to it. They will be playing in MSG, so the stage is set for it to be a very good game.
User avatar
WarAdmiral
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Mantua, oh

Re: UNC vs UK

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:33 am

UK and UConn tonight?


And yes, John Wall is the troof. Baseline to baseline as fast as anyone in the country, and in complete control the entire time. He's a young D-Wade, and when he further develops his jumper he will be unstoppable.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: UNC vs UK

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:UK and UConn tonight?


And yes, John Wall is the troof. Baseline to baseline as fast as anyone in the country, and in complete control the entire time. He's a young D-Wade, and when he further develops his jumper he will be unstoppable.


Yes, it is on ESPN at 9:30 p.m.
User avatar
WarAdmiral
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Mantua, oh

Re: UNC vs UK

Unread postby pup » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:44 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm officially in love w/ John Wall.

Not that this surprises anyone.


Um. Yes. I can see why.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: UNC vs UK

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:47 am

Pup wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I'm officially in love w/ John Wall.

Not that this surprises anyone.


Um. Yes. I can see why.


Just wait until the Nets land him and deal Harris for another stud.

Going to gift wrap the world for LBJ....
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher


Return to College Sports Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 2 guests