Text Size

College Sports Arena

Jon Diebler

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Jon Diebler

Unread postby Mcreek » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Is playing great ball and really out performing William Buford who is shooting more bricks than your local over paid Union brick layer.

The much maligned Diebler looks to me like a Mike Miller caliber player. With another year of elgibilty Diebler will make himself into a first round pick!
" No big stars on the team is by design. "We can't afford to have the inefficiencies, even for a great talent. We need to function as efficiently as possible in our clubhouse, and that means guys have to know what it means to be a good teammate. We don't want to waste the energy on dealing with all those distractions. Besides, we value character over talent here in Cleveland---Mark Shapiro
Mcreek

Re: Jon Diebler

Unread postby bks92II » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:05 pm

As a guy only living 30 min. away from Diebler's home town (Upper San.) I got to watch and learn about this guy a lot in high school and what I have seen from what he did in HS and what he is showing now at OSU he looks very promising at the next level. Even though he looks very good this year he still needs one more year to be an NBA type player. If he keeps this up he will be most definitively a Boobie type player or at best a Mike Miller caliber.
Long live the King...In Cleveland
bks92II

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: NY,BOS,MICH,PITT

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Miller has a couple inches and 20lbs on Dielbler as it currently stands. Miller was also called by Hubie Brown one of the smartest, most unselfish players he's ever been around. He's also solid going to the basket while I haven't seen Diebler exploit the interior too often.

Neither will ever be considered for their defensive prowess. But I'd be thrilled if Diebler developed to the point where he was in the same category as Miller.

When he's got his shot falling Diebler is a pleasure to watch. Hopefully he develops some of the finer points in the next season and a half at OSU. Love the dimension he brings but I'd love for him to develop a couple more dimensions.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby bks92II » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Peeker643 wrote:When he's got his shot falling Diebler is a pleasure to watch. Hopefully he develops some of the finer points in the next season and a half at OSU. Love the dimension he brings but I'd love for him to develop a couple more dimensions.

Yes, 100% agree. If he develops into a couple more dimensions this kid could become a bigger threat than he already is. And as of right now the only threat he truly has is shooting the 3 ball.
Long live the King...In Cleveland
bks92II

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: NY,BOS,MICH,PITT

Return to College Sports Arena