Text Size

College Sports Arena

'Zona/Oregon for TOSU's opponent in January.

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

'Zona/Oregon for TOSU's opponent in January.

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm pulling for Arizona, not because I want an easier opponent for the Buckeyes, but because I'd love to see the 'Cats make their first Rose Bowl ever. as a fan of a team that makes the Rose Bowl once every Generation, I like to see a team that has never gone get a chance to play in the Grandaddy.

Little chance of that happening as Oregon looks to damn good this year, and would make a good test for the Bucks this January.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: 'Zona/Oregon for TOSU's opponent in January.

Unread postby dmiles » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:59 pm

I swear there is a guardian angel looking down on Oregon for about the last 12 minutes. Wow, talk about dodging bullets.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:36 am

Hilarious to see students climbing back into the stands after Oregon ties it with 6 seconds left.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:59 am

Skating Tripods wrote:Hilarious to see students climbing back into the stands after Oregon ties it with 6 seconds left.

Oops. Reminds me when as a Sr. in HS, I was at the Browns game and when the kick returner slips and goes down at the 2, we are telling the one dad with us what yardline we'll meet up on.

Back to the game, I don't know I just can't see Oregon putting a stomp on us. AZ doesn't have nearly the line or linebacker crew we have on D. I just see their run defense as very vulnerable.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:10 am

Now it's Oregon/Oregon State for the Rose Bowl.

Unread postby Tymaster » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Doesn't matter. Whoever it is will trump the Buckeyes. Tressel sucks in bowl games.
Tymaster

Unread postby swerb » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Tymaster wrote:Doesn't matter. Whoever it is will trump the Buckeyes. Tressel sucks in bowl games.

Brilliant insight as usual.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Tymaster wrote:Doesn't matter. Whoever it is will trump the Buckeyes. Tressel sucks in bowl games.

hmm..lets see, lets see.

2008/09 Fiesta— Texas 24, Ohio State 21

Bad Call on 4th down with one minute to go gave Texas this game. As the All-Time leader in Moral Victories I define this as one.

2007/08 BCS Championship— Louisiana State University 38, Ohio State 24

I think the Big Ten may have been down this season hence TOSU clinching an easy BCS title birth. Just another ugly game.

2006/07 BCS Championship— Florida 41, Ohio State 14 (final #2 ranking)

One of the ugliest moments in Ohio Sports history. Disapointing. I still hold gripes about it. I still think that in a rematch fully healthy this game may have been different.

2005/06 Fiesta— Ohio State 34, Notre Dame 20 (final #4 ranking)

AJ Hawk and D. took care of Brady Quinn, another W. Auctually if not for two lucky plays by Penn State and Texas, this team probably could have won the National Championship.

2004/05 Alamo— Ohio State 33, Oklahoma State 7

Tedd Ginn owned that game. Another W.

2003/04 Fiesta— Ohio State 35, Kansas State 28 (final #4 ranking)

Another "W"

2002/03 Fiesta— Ohio State 31, Miami (FL) 24 (2OT) (National Champions)

NATIONAL CHAMPS! Tressel pulls of the unthinkable and pulls of one of the greatest upsets over a Miami team that was choked full of future NFL Pro-Bowlers.

2001/02 Outback— South Carolina 31, Ohio State 28

I can't really explain this one, Tressel was just starting out and the team just didn't seem in-synch for this game.

4-4 all time, 6 Big Ten Titles either one out right or shared, 6 Major Bowl apperances., with three National Championship game apperances, and Ona National Championship game. Not too shabby.

Also, how many National Titles has OU won? Beer Pong doesn't count. How many Bowl games? How many football awards do the Bobcats have? How many pro players have the bobkittens sent to the NFL? How many times have they beaten a Big Ten team? How many times have they beaten Ohio State?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Return to College Sports Arena