Text Size

College Sports Arena

Way to go Les

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Way to go Les

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:14 pm

Miracles left and right, one second left, all you need is three points to win...

... and apparently the kicker was in the restroom.

Or practicing with Coach Miles's brain.

My condolences, Bayou.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Way to go Les

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Yeah, that was stoopid. You at least gotta get the snap off, even if there's no called play.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:27 pm

That was a great game. That's a different Ole Miss team from the one I saw a couple times earlier in the season.

Crazy ending. Never seen that before, where there's one second left when they reset the clock like that. Assume that as long as you snap it the second they blow the whistle .... that you're OK?

Miles was rattled in the post game interview. Stumbling over his words.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:38 pm

I actually understand perhaps believing that you might not be able to run a kicking unit out there in time.....but... how big of a moron do you have to be to undrstand with 1 second left you can't snap the ball and spike it. Good Christ.

If Les didn't think he could get the kicking unit out there he should have been screaming to run a play, but there was certainly enough time for a quarterback to look at one tick on the clock, not see anyone coming out, and realizing he's got to run a play.

This is LSU's season in a nutshell. If they got some competent QB play, from someone who wasn't either an imbecile, or didn't come from the JaMarcus Russell school of pocket presence, they'd be a real tough team.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:13 pm

I'm done with this fucking clown. Riding back from Oxford right now and I have never left a visiting stadium as embarrased as I just did. Completely inept mentally. 3rd down play ends with 27 seconds on the clock and we call the timeout with 9. What the fuck?!

Sorry for the language, Swerb. I just can't get over this. Even Michigan isn't stupid enough to go out and hire this asshat. The last set of downs we didn't try to run once, our kicker hit from 50 earlier.

JEFFERSON TRIED TO SPIKE THE GODDAMNED BALL WITH ONE SECOND ON THE CLOCK. Shit on it, I'm done. Finished. Deal me out, I'm going home.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:05 am

Apparently this was posted on the LSU board.

On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:59 am

That was brutal. I have never seen a HC mismanage the clock and use timeouts so poorly. Well besides Romeo Crennel.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Bigfist » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:33 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:I'm done with this fucking clown. Riding back from Oxford right now and I have never left a visiting stadium as embarrased as I just did. Completely inept mentally. 3rd down play ends with 27 seconds on the clock and we call the timeout with 9. What the fuck?!

Sorry for the language, Swerb. I just can't get over this. Even Michigan isn't stupid enough to go out and hire this asshat. The last set of downs we didn't try to run once, our kicker hit from 50 earlier.

JEFFERSON TRIED TO SPIKE THE GODDAMNED BALL WITH ONE SECOND ON THE CLOCK. Shit on it, I'm done. Finished. Deal me out, I'm going home.

That is the one that hit the nail on the head..I was watching on TV. I thought...what is taking them so long to call that time out? Had that timeout been called with even as few as 14 seconds left, then he would have had ample time to spike the ball and kick the FG. Miles claims he THOUGHT they had called a timeout earlier, and didn't realize it that he hadn't until nine seconds showed on the clock. I don't think he was telling the truth...I really think he was at a loss as to what to do after the poor third down call went for a seven yard loss.
Bigfist

Favorite Player: AJ Griffin
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Juden

Unread postby jb » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:19 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:I'm done with this fucking clown. Riding back from Oxford right now and I have never left a visiting stadium as embarrased as I just did. Completely inept mentally. 3rd down play ends with 27 seconds on the clock and we call the timeout with 9. What the fuck?!

Diodn't he, um, win the first title for lsu since the eath's crust cooled like two years ago?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:38 pm

municipalmutt wrote:That was brutal. I have never seen a HC mismanage the clock and use timeouts so poorly. Well besides Romeo Crennel.

Andy Reid would like to have a word with you.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:05 pm

JB wrote:Diodn't he, um, win the first title for lsu since the eath's crust cooled like two years ago?

You call that a legit title?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Saban won their first one. Despite USC thinking they won it.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:43 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
JB wrote:Diodn't he, um, win the first title for lsu since the eath's crust cooled like two years ago?

Is there another kind?
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho

Unread postby jb » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:43 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:

wow, here i thought i was the official sv hata. ;-)
jb

Unread postby jb » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:45 pm

FUDU wrote:Saban won their first one. Despite USC thinking they won it.

jb

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:01 pm

JB wrote:

Diodn't he, um, win the first title for lsu since the eath's crust cooled like two years ago?

I don't know, you think the Buckeyes spend their offseason dreaming about holding up that beautiful silver AP trophy at the end of the season? If you aren't holding the crystal football, you just as soon be holding up the Independance Bowl trophy... which coincidentally is what Les will be holding soon enough at this pace.

I'm still lit over that game, and now I'm thinking about some of the other dumb shit he has pulled that should have but didn't cost us. Calling timeouts at the dead ball after interceptions, leading the league in delay of game penalties, the '07 Auburn game where we scored with 2 seconds left and kicked the PAT to go up 6 instead of a 2 pt chance to bring the lead to 7.

Dammit JB, I knew I shouldn't have clicked when I saw you posted. :gah:
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby municipalmutt » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:48 am

Motherscratcher wrote:
municipalmutt wrote:That was brutal. I have never seen a HC mismanage the clock and use timeouts so poorly. Well besides Romeo Crennel.

Andy Reid would like to have a word with you.

Andy can't talk now. He's giving pointers to Eric Mangini.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:32 pm

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Return to College Sports Arena