Text Size

College Sports Arena

Michigan Week

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Michigan Week

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:14 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Michigan Week

Unread postby bks92II » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Those pictures are amazing. Great find.
Long live the King...In Cleveland
bks92II

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: NY,BOS,MICH,PITT

Unread postby tired » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Thanks for the pick-up Swerbs !!! 2184 day's and man they suck !!!
Do you do drugs? Good!
tired

Favorite Player: I dunno
Least Favorite Player: Boozer

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:42 pm

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Michigan Weak
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Good place to mention how much I miss Furls in here. Hope he's somewhere safe and sound, and look forward to him being back above water and back in here talking college football.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:25 am

OH
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:49 am

IO
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby projectmayhem » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:27 am

can't wait, birthday on Tuesday, falls in Michigan week every year... what a wonderful week :)
projectmayhem

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: Tim Tebow

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Swerb wrote:Good place to mention how much I miss Furls in here. Hope he's somewhere safe and sound, and look forward to him being back above water and back in here talking college football.

Amen to that.

Miss the guy here and hope her's well.

:salute:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:38 pm

A good omen:

The boss greets a Michigan crowd with a "Hello Ohio!" Ha.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... michi.html
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby furls » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:26 pm

hey guys sending this from my iPod in Scotland. Two extensions so far. Should be home soon,but not soon enough for the game. Looks like dickrod is flailing. How secure is his job?

Fuels
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Furls wrote:hey guys sending this from my iPod in Scotland. Two extensions so far. Should be home soon,but not soon enough for the game. Looks like dickrod is flailing. How secure is his job?

Fuels

This will break your heart ;-) ;) :wink:

Terry Foster- Detroit News

Madison, Wis. -- Michigan athletic director Bill Martin sat in the third row during Rich Rodriguez's news conference, with his block "M" hat down low and his arms folded.

He was there to support his man. He has to. So far, Rich Rodriguez and the University of Michigan have been an odd fit. Rodriguez has come in like a bull in a china shop, trying to change a culture that had grown stale and predictable.

Unfortunately, the one thing he has changed has people up in arms. Michigan (5-6, 1-6 Big Ten) is the new Northwestern -- or at least an 1980s version of Northwestern. Michigan is the team you look forward to playing -- a team you want to schedule for homecoming.

Since Rodriguez stepped on campus, the Wolverines are 8-15 overall and 3-13 in the Big Ten. They have yet to win a game against a Division I opponent in November.

Those numbers will slump even further next week when the Ohio State Buckeyes come to Ann Arbor for their annual thumping of the Wolverines.

There are grumblings in the land of the Maize and Blue to get rid of the coach after two seasons. That makes absolutely no sense. Martin has no choice but to stand by his man for his final 10 months as A.D.

The point is, why hasn't Michigan been even an average team under Rodriguez? The Big Ten is not a great conference. In past seasons, the Wolverines would roll over Wisconsin and Purdue in their sleep.

Martin said the Wolverines are suffering from youth and having just 71 scholarship players.

Rodriguez is a tough coach who makes great demands. He shook up the country club atmosphere at U-M and it upset a lot of people.

To change coaches now, though, would be foolish. Rodriguez might not be a perfect fit in Ann Arbor. However, he has spent the past two seasons stocking the team as he sees fit. So how does Michigan expect to reach greatness by firing Rodriguez and then hiring another coach, who wouldn't want many of Rodriguez's players?

Rodriguez is the guy. You must wait and see if his system works with a full complement of his players. He won't come out and say it, but there are a number of U-M players he knows can't play well. They try hard, but they are not talented or experienced enough to win.

Martin is scheduled to remain A.D. until next September. If he wants to guarantee his man survives, he must remain a strong athletic director and not allow his successor to come in early and begin cracking skulls. One of those might be Rodriguez's.

If Coleman and Martin remain strong in their support of Rodriguez, he remains the coach. U-M must see this through at least one more season.

After that, all bets are off, because Martin will be gone.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby furls » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:10 pm

hey guys. Leaving town tomorrow. next time I get online it will be from new England. In any case please keep me updated on any college football stuff including scUM intros and wraps. I just need you guys to cut and paste articles to notepad to strip them and then paste them to emails. I will not get attachments.

My addy is furlanmp@Miami.navy.mil.

Any info is appreciated.

FURLz
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby danwismar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 pm

No Problem, Furls. I'll take care of sending the preview and recap of UM game.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:18 am

Gonna be at Youngstown Sports Grill for Kegs and Eggs and $ 5 pitchers starting at 6am.

If anyone in the area is coming holla via PM.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Mark May was rambling on about TOSU/Michigan has lost it's luster as a rivalry, and how WVU/Pitt is more of a rivalry

I say..BS.

I still hate the Wolverines..STILL. Doesn't matter what day it is, I still hate them. It's in anyone who's grown up as a sports fan in the state of Ohio's DNA along with hatred of the Red Sox/Yankees and the Inbred.

When you have stories like this:

Woody was famous for his hatred for Michigan and anything that had to do with the state (he referred to it, of course, as "that state up north" or "that team up north") . One night on a recruiting trip in the state of Michigan, an assistant noticed that the car he was driving was going to run out of gas. He let Woody, who was dozing in the passenger seat, that he had to pull over for gas. Woody refused, and the assistant drove on. The assistant, who saw the weather was starting to get bad, began to become worried about getting stuck in the middle of nowhere, and once again stressed his desire to pull over and get gas. Woody erupted: "No, goddammit! We do NOT pull in and fill up. And I'll tell you exactly why we don't. It's because I don't buy one goddam drop of gas in the state of Michigan! We'll coast and PUSH this goddam car to the Ohio line before I give this state a nickel of my money!" The assistant knew he wasn't kidding, and they barely made it across the border and sputtered into the first gas station they found in Ohio.

And quotes like "..because I couldn't go for three..",

There's nothing to compare it to, NOTHING. It IS the greatest rivalry is all of sports, PERIOD.
Last edited by Triple-S on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby pup » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:56 am

Mark May is an asshat.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby View from 171 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Been down in Columbus for every Meatchicken game since 1997. Seen it all...the riots, flipping cars, drinking more than I can remember, kids getting hit with fire hoses. You name it I've seen it!

This is probably the only time I miss living in Columbus..........and getting old.

Go BUCKS!
When everyone else is greedy, be cautious. When everyone is cautious, be greedy - Warren Buffett
View from 171

Favorite Player: Joe Carter
Least Favorite Player: Pappelboner

Unread postby Charts » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:55 am

Triple-S wrote:And quotes like "..because I couldn't go for two..",

Because I couldn't go for three ;-) ;) :wink:

Can wait to hear the big house go quiet tomorrow :yessss:
Charts

Unread postby bks92II » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:25 am

O-H!