Text Size

College Sports Arena

Cleveland State Basketball signs Ludovic Ndaye & Devon Long

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Cleveland State Basketball signs Ludovic Ndaye & Devon Long

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:58 am

Sounds like a nice addition to next year's squad. I am not going to sit here and act like I am some recruiting expert, but the addition of two, atheltic big men should really help here. Thats the one thing that has been missing from Waters' squad is that big man who can go deep in the post, grab boards and provide scoring. J'Nathan (as great as he was) played more like a 3/4 due to his ability to score from beyond the arc. Chris Moore hustled and played hard but wasnt strong enough. With the additions this season and next season, we should be much bigger and much more athletic down low.

Tonight we open vs St. Bonaventure. Good luck CSU, bring home win # 1!!!
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 am

Any realation to Maktar or is Ndaye like "Smith" in Kenya?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby neoleo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:07 pm

jack_tors wrote:Sounds like a nice addition to next year's squad. I am not going to sit here and act like I am some recruiting expert, but the addition of two, atheltic big men should really help here. Thats the one thing that has been missing from Waters' squad is that big man who can go deep in the post, grab boards and provide scoring. J'Nathan (as great as he was) played more like a 3/4 due to his ability to score from beyond the arc. Chris Moore hustled and played hard but wasnt strong enough. With the additions this season and next season, we should be much bigger and much more athletic down low.

Tonight we open vs St. Bonaventure. Good luck CSU, bring home win # 1!!!

I agree. These will be the first freshman bigs that Waters has brought in (Latas was his first class but he was committed to Garland). Waters brought in Kevin Francis, George Tandy and Chris Moore in that first class and they were all juniors.

This year's group of big men are more along the lines of what you're looking for. The group of Pogue, Cunningham and Ajere are definitely the most athletic and talented that Waters has had, but again, they are all sophomores and juniors. It will be good to get these new kids in with a full four years to work with. The spacing will be nice next year with Pogue, Ajere, Latas and Kevin Anderson as juniors and Cunningham as a senior and then the two new guys.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Return to College Sports Arena