Text Size

College Sports Arena

Adventures with Dick Rod

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby BruceK » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:55 pm

User avatar
BruceK
BJKResearch.com
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:45 pm
Location: Lakewood OH
Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:59 pm

What a prick. T Minus two weeks till TSV knifes his jugular.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17880
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:47 pm

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns

Whatever DickRod has must be contagious.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17880
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:49 pm

DickRod .... walking The Green Mile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17880
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:50 pm

Couldn't happen to a nicer a-hole. Where are those victory cigars now DickRod?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17880
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Swerb wrote:DickRod .... walking The Green Mile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns



"You don’t have a reset button,” he said.



But the University does.


Image
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:03 am

Mich fan here, why are you guys so excited to potentially see him go? He turned us into a laughingstock. Brian Kelly may have a shot at returning this rivalry to a respectable level.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
User avatar
Kingpin74
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:11 pm
Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby pup » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 am

Kingpin74 wrote:Mich fan here, why are you guys so excited to potentially see him go? He turned us into a laughingstock. Brian Kelly may have a shot at returning this rivalry to a respectable level.


Because we want this to be a rivalry. The Vest isn't losing but once a decade to that craphole if they have Vince Shula as the Head Coach, so at least put someone up there that would be competitive.

And Brian Kelly is not going to come cheap. Will they loosen up the wallets to pay 2 coaches that much?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12004
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:28 am

Kingpin74 wrote:Brian Kelly may have a shot at returning ND to a respectable level.


Fixed that for yah.

And remembe not to fuck wit da Jesus, Kingpin.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:33 am

JB wrote:
Kingpin74 wrote:Brian Kelly may have a shot at returning ND to a respectable level.


Fixed that for yah.

And remembe not to fuck wit da Jesus, Kingpin.


Seriously, if Fat Charlie couldn't return ND to respectable after they removed the Calc requirement for him that Ty was strapped w/ and he ran off very good rated recruiting classes for his entire duration you think someone else can?

What ND did w/ that Calc requirement and the difference in how Ty and Fat Charlie was treated is criminal and they are going to pay the karma price for that one for a long time.

That program will never return, book it. Just nothing alluring about playing there unless you are a grinder (a highly rated one, but a grinder nonetheless).
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 am

I'll bet you a beer ND goes with Jon Gruden instead of Kelly. But for Michigan, as much as I'd like to see them just cut the cord now and move on, I think they'll give him a 3rd year just to say they gave him a 3rd year. The only way he gets canned now is if this investigation produces NCAA violations, which is obviously possible. You guys would be amazed how many apologists there still are among Michigan fans saying we have no talent, this isn't his fault, etc. It's pretty obvious that it just isn't working and he's a horrible fit.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
User avatar
Kingpin74
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:11 pm
Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:57 am

Kingpin74 wrote:I'll bet you a beer ND goes with Jon Gruden instead of Kelly. But for Michigan, as much as I'd like to see them just cut the cord now and move on, I think they'll give him a 3rd year just to say they gave him a 3rd year. The only way he gets canned now is if this investigation produces NCAA violations, which is obviously possible. You guys would be amazed how many apologists there still are among Michigan fans saying we have no talent, this isn't his fault, etc. It's pretty obvious that it just isn't working and he's a horrible fit.


Look, Lee is a fucking east coast elitest athiest, so I ignore him. I bet he doesn't venture out of the back bay gentrification to the old Irish 'hoods or they'd roll him, but I digress.

His name is:

Brian.

Kelly.

Not DeShawn Johnson. Not Stosh Pawlowski. Not Randy Lerner. If that's not Irish you can kiss my ass. He went to a Catholic HS. He went to a Catholic college. That tells you all you need to know. He'll be in South Bend if they are smart enough to offer him. It's like asking a muslim to go to mecca. It's like asking Lee to go to cambridge.

ND just got burnt by the pro ranks. They won't go back there.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kelly_brian00.html

A native of Chelsea, Mass., Kelly attended St. John's Prep School in Danvers, Mass. He was a four-year letterwinner at Assumption College (Mass.) as a linebacker. After graduating from Assumption in 1983 with a bachelor's degree in political science, he served as linebackers coach, defensive coordinator, and softball coach from 1983-86 at Assumption.
Last edited by jb on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:00 am

Going back to Dorchester for my monthly Irish Ghetto night out in two Wednesday's:

(mooning)
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
JB wrote:
Kingpin74 wrote:Brian Kelly may have a shot at returning ND to a respectable level.


Fixed that for yah.

And remembe not to fuck wit da Jesus, Kingpin.


Seriously, if Fat Charlie couldn't return ND to respectable after they removed the Calc requirement for him that Ty was strapped w/ and he ran off very good rated recruiting classes for his entire duration you think someone else can?

What ND did w/ that Calc requirement and the difference in how Ty and Fat Charlie was treated is criminal and they are going to pay the karma price for that one for a long time.

That program will never return, book it. Just nothing alluring about playing there unless you are a grinder (a highly rated one, but a grinder nonetheless).


??? This makes no sense.

They have a TON of talent there right now, more than in the last 20 years. Charlie is an imposter, as was the case for both of BB's coordinators at the time.

Kelley goes there, and Clausen stays, they have a shot at going undefeated and to the NC game next season, IMO. And I hate the Domers.

Cheeseburger Charlie is simply a shitty coach.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Going back to Dorchester for my monthly Irish Ghetto night out in two Wednesday's:

(mooning)



Taking a sociology class?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:06 am

JB wrote:
Kingpin74 wrote:I'll bet you a beer ND goes with Jon Gruden instead of Kelly. But for Michigan, as much as I'd like to see them just cut the cord now and move on, I think they'll give him a 3rd year just to say they gave him a 3rd year. The only way he gets canned now is if this investigation produces NCAA violations, which is obviously possible. You guys would be amazed how many apologists there still are among Michigan fans saying we have no talent, this isn't his fault, etc. It's pretty obvious that it just isn't working and he's a horrible fit.


Look, Lee is a fucking east coast elitest athiest, so I ignore him. I bet he doesn't venture out of the back bay gentrification to the old Irish 'hoods or they'd roll him, but I digress.

His name is:

Brian.

Kelly.

Not DeShawn Johnson. Not Stosh Pawlowski. Not Randy Lerner. If that's not Irish you can kiss my ass. He went to a Catholic HS. He went to a Catholic college. That tells you all you need to know. He'll be in South Bend if they are smart enough to offer him. It's like asking a muslim to go to mecca. It's like asking Lee to go to cambridge.

ND just got burnt by the pro ranks. They won't go back there.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kelly_brian00.html

A native of Chelsea, Mass., Kelly attended St. John's Prep School in Danvers, Mass. He was a four-year letterwinner at Assumption College (Mass.) as a linebacker. After graduating from Assumption in 1983 with a bachelor's degree in political science, he served as linebackers coach, defensive coordinator, and softball coach from 1983-86 at Assumption.


Plus from what I have read, Gruden wants NOTHING to do with being a College HC or the recruiting that goes with it.....
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:12 am

LOL

I'm a man of the people JB. Hanging out w/ the off the boat Irish is never a let down.

And Coz, talent overcomes shitty coaching against teams like Navy (just ask Tress... :hey:). ND has a bunch of talent but no true game changing rip your face off SEC or even tOSU talent beyond Jimmuh.

Watching ND go down in flames over the past few years has been fantastic, really touched my soul.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:18 am

e0y2e3 wrote:LOL

I'm a man of the people JB. Hanging out w/ the off the boat Irish is never a let down.

And Coz, talent overcomes shitty coaching against teams like Navy (just ask Tress... :hey:). ND has a bunch of talent but no true game changing rip your face off SEC or even tOSU talent beyond Jimmuh.

Watching ND go down in flames over the past few years has been fantastic, really touched my soul.


Man of the people my ass. Too good to ever come home to Y town. ;-)


Speaking of which, does Heacoick have a lifetime contract? He's really destroyed that program.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:27 am

Good points on Kelly but there's a huge difference between a charismatic Super Bowl winning coach who grew up in South Bend(his dad was an ND assistant) and a jerk career coordinator who rode Belichick's coattails. Kelly's probably more realistic but I think if ND had any shot whatsoever at Gruden they'd hire him. What do you think the breaking point is for Charlie though? They probably have to lose one more game. Tough to fire him at 9-3 but Pitt probably rolls them and makes it a moot point.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
User avatar
Kingpin74
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:11 pm
Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:39 am

Kingpin74 wrote:Good points on Kelly but there's a huge difference between a charismatic Super Bowl winning coach who grew up in South Bend(his dad was an ND assistant) and a jerk career coordinator who rode Belichick's coattails. Kelly's probably more realistic but I think if ND had any shot whatsoever at Gruden they'd hire him. What do you think the breaking point is for Charlie though? They probably have to lose one more game. Tough to fire him at 9-3 but Pitt probably rolls them and makes it a moot point.


Rumor had it USC was a "must win".

So if that's the case, Navy had to break the back.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby pup » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:51 am

Losing to Dave Wandstedt should do the trick.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12004
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:11 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:LOL

I'm a man of the people JB. Hanging out w/ the off the boat Irish is never a let down.

And Coz, talent overcomes shitty coaching against teams like Navy (just ask Tress... :hey:). ND has a bunch of talent but no true game changing rip your face off SEC or even tOSU talent beyond Jimmuh.

Watching ND go down in flames over the past few years has been fantastic, really touched my soul.


Golden Tate, Floyd, and Rudolf, Eo....serious offensive talent.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:02 pm

JCoz wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:LOL

I'm a man of the people JB. Hanging out w/ the off the boat Irish is never a let down.

And Coz, talent overcomes shitty coaching against teams like Navy (just ask Tress... :hey:). ND has a bunch of talent but no true game changing rip your face off SEC or even tOSU talent beyond Jimmuh.

Watching ND go down in flames over the past few years has been fantastic, really touched my soul.


Golden Tate, Floyd, and Rudolf, Eo....serious offensive talent.


Robby Parris rules.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Eeyore makes a good point. ND has become Northwesten.

I say this, in that their academics are too high and that they will probably only have a 10-win season every 4 years.

That said, I'm praying to everything that's holy that Urban Meyer takes the job so we can see Florida go down the tubes in some way, shape or form. Though, I think that will only really happen once Da' U and FSU step their game up back to pre-2002 era levels.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6361
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:21 pm

ND academics for their football program... feh!

When Ty was there they had standards, but fat Chuck has been free to do whatever he wants and they still blow.

It is the bull shit campus rules, the Catholic lifestyle, having to go to class, the masses, etc that will keep the SEC style stud away.

Place is not free reign college enough.

And not as awesome as they pretend.

Dicks.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:ND academics for their football program... feh!

When Ty was there they had standards, but fat Chuck has been free to do whatever he wants and they still blow.

It is the bull shit campus rules, the Catholic lifestyle, having to go to class, the masses, etc that will keep the SEC style stud away.

Place is not free reign college enough.

And not as awesome as they pretend.

Dicks.


Did they deny you as a freshman or when you applied to transfer ?

:lmfao:

j / k

Best campus I've ever seen. Now a lifestyle center is going up across the street.

Hate the domers, too, but not w/ your vitriol.

WTF is wrong with YSU ?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Yeah, campus has it's moments but the Dome and TD Geezes blow as do most of the dorms.

Bob Davies and I had some issues that started my hate, the following years of dealing w/ their over-inflated everything magnified it. Now I hate them more than anything in sports. And truthfully I would have lost it going to school there, entire atmosphere sucks. Catholicism. You should see their tailgates.... bahaha!

And my Grandfather even went there every year to take a religion class and kick a FG on the field until he was 70, he'll die bleeding ND colors.

Re YSU: Heacock is not and never has been a very good coach. His players have never liked him, he is a dick in the way you accuse Mangini of being one that has never done anything to establish his right to be one. Guy once had a big enough melt down in post practice films he slammed a desk against a wall (no biggy) but then proceeded to storm out get in his car and squeal away during a full defense meeting.

He also did a piss poor job recruiting local talent, which was a huge mistake. My class had a few of us but it seemed to be much less of a focus than it had been before. Also tried to plug far too many holes w/ JUCO'S and transfer kids. My class was the only class that ever really did shit for him after Tress' talent left.

Only really had one decent QB ever and that was what's his face from Boardman that was always hurt.

He also did brilliant things like bring in this guy in the middle of camp and pretty much hand him a job only to see him leave in six days:

http://media.www.dailyorange.com/media/ ... 4044.shtml

As for why he still has a job, hell if I know.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Triple-S wrote:Eeyore makes a good point. ND has become Northwesten.

I say this, in that their academics are too high and that they will probably only have a 10-win season every 4 years.

That said, I'm praying to everything that's holy that Urban Meyer takes the job so we can see Florida go down the tubes in some way, shape or form. Though, I think that will only really happen once Da' U and FSU step their game up back to pre-2002 era levels.

Yeah, Florida was a real disaster on the field pre 2002.
SEC champions: 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000.

Err, actually the only disastrous time at UF of the past 20 years started in 2002 with Ron Zook.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:56 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Eeyore makes a good point. ND has become Northwesten.

I say this, in that their academics are too high and that they will probably only have a 10-win season every 4 years.

That said, I'm praying to everything that's holy that Urban Meyer takes the job so we can see Florida go down the tubes in some way, shape or form. Though, I think that will only really happen once Da' U and FSU step their game up back to pre-2002 era levels.

Yeah, Florida was a real disaster on the field pre 2002.
SEC champions: 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000.

Err, actually the only disastrous time at UF of the past 20 years started in 2002 with Ron Zook.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Fiesta_Bowl



I miss Nebraska being good.

EDIT: Was just looking for an excuse to post this.
Last edited by Triple-S on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6361
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Eeyore makes a good point. ND has become Northwesten.

I say this, in that their academics are too high and that they will probably only have a 10-win season every 4 years.

That said, I'm praying to everything that's holy that Urban Meyer takes the job so we can see Florida go down the tubes in some way, shape or form. Though, I think that will only really happen once Da' U and FSU step their game up back to pre-2002 era levels.


Yeah, Florida was a real disaster on the field pre 2002.
SEC champions: 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000.

Err, actually the only disastrous time at UF of the past 20 years started in 2002 with Ron Zook.



I think you two are missing each other's point.


I think that will only really happen once Da' U and FSU step their game up back to pre-2002 era levels


Not a word in there about UF sucking pre-2002. He's just saying their in state competition has falled off making their recruiting easier.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 pm

JB wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Eeyore makes a good point. ND has become Northwesten.

I say this, in that their academics are too high and that they will probably only have a 10-win season every 4 years.

That said, I'm praying to everything that's holy that Urban Meyer takes the job so we can see Florida go down the tubes in some way, shape or form. Though, I think that will only really happen once Da' U and FSU step their game up back to pre-2002 era levels.


Yeah, Florida was a real disaster on the field pre 2002.
SEC champions: 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000.

Err, actually the only disastrous time at UF of the past 20 years started in 2002 with Ron Zook.



I think you two are missing each other's point.


I think that will only really happen once Da' U and FSU step their game up back to pre-2002 era levels


Not a word in there about UF sucking pre-2002. He's just saying their in state competition has falled off making their recruiting easier.


Florida was and still is a top-tier program, but back in pre-2002, they were third in their state to the 'Noles and Canes. They wern't this miraculous program that espn went out of it's way to praise and claim they had superior atheletes than the rest of the country.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6361
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Notre Dame has a 94% graduation rate in football and 100% in basketball. It is a "special" place with an awesome student life experience, and there aren't a whole lot of ND grads unemployed. They take care of their own.

http://stanford.scout.com/2/827873.html

That being said I have many of the same sentiments as eey without the "zeal." Fat Charlie is sinking, imagine that. TW got short leashed and hamstrung by the old academic standards. They need a change.

Heacock? Old school. Lack of pizzazz 15yrs of dedicated service. Almost left several years ago to assist his Brother at tOSU, he should have. He comes relatively cheap, that's all he has going for him. You think it's tough recruiting ND ? Try getting an At-leet to the U.C.L.A.= University at the corner of Lincoln Avenue.

Brian Kelly is a flat out coaching machine. DO NOT WISH HIM IN scUM. YOU DO NOT WANT THAT!!

He fits at ND. Not good for domehaters. Hey he has Carusso looking like Fran Tarkenton!

DROD gets one more year with his incoming dual threat ***** Frsh QB Devin Gardner out of Inkster (FREAK) has an absolute GUN, I watched him beat Steubenville Big Red. He isn't as big or as fast as TP but a jugs gun phenom. :gah:
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:44 pm

pod2dawg wrote:Notre Dame has a 94% graduation rate in football and 100% in basketball. It is a "special" place with an awesome student life experience, and there aren't a whole lot of ND grads unemployed. They take care of their own.

http://stanford.scout.com/2/827873.html

That being said I have many of the same sentiments as eey without the "zeal." Fat Charlie is sinking, imagine that. TW got short leashed and hamstrung by the old academic standards. They need a change.

Heacock? Old school. Lack of pizzazz 15yrs of dedicated service. Almost left several years ago to assist his Brother at tOSU, he should have. He comes relatively cheap, that's all he has going for him. You think it's tough recruiting ND ? Try getting an At-leet to the U.C.L.A.= University at the corner of Lincoln Avenue.

Brian Kelly is a flat out coaching machine. DO NOT WISH HIM IN scUM. YOU DO NOT WANT THAT!!

He fits at ND. Not good for domehaters. Hey he has Carusso looking like Fran Tarkenton!

DROD gets one more year with his incoming dual threat ***** Frsh QB Devin Gardner out of Inkster (FREAK) has an absolute GUN, I watched him beat Steubenville Big Red. He isn't as big or as fast as TP but a jugs gun phenom. :gah:


I agree that I'd rather not see Kelly at UM. I can handle him at ND.

I wonder what's up with Gardner...guy was talking about OSU early, TSV saw him up close and said no thanks. Wouldn't offer him, then it seemed like the kid commited to Michigan out of spit about a month later.

Wonder what OSU didn't like about him? I know they were after Montana at the time....
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:51 pm

pod2dawg wrote:Notre Dame has a 94% graduation rate in football and 100% in basketball. It is a "special" place with an awesome student life experience, and there aren't a whole lot of ND grads unemployed. They take care of their own.

http://stanford.scout.com/2/827873.html

That being said I have many of the same sentiments as eey without the "zeal." Fat Charlie is sinking, imagine that. TW got short leashed and hamstrung by the old academic standards. They need a change.

Heacock? Old school. Lack of pizzazz 15yrs of dedicated service. Almost left several years ago to assist his Brother at tOSU, he should have. He comes relatively cheap, that's all he has going for him. You think it's tough recruiting ND ? Try getting an At-leet to the U.C.L.A.= University at the corner of Lincoln Avenue.

Brian Kelly is a flat out coaching machine. DO NOT WISH HIM IN scUM. YOU DO NOT WANT THAT!!

He fits at ND. Not good for domehaters. Hey he has Carusso looking like Fran Tarkenton!

DROD gets one more year with his incoming dual threat ***** Frsh QB Devin Gardner out of Inkster (FREAK) has an absolute GUN, I watched him beat Steubenville Big Red. He isn't as big or as fast as TP but a jugs gun phenom. :gah:


Why are OSU's grad rates so fucked up? I thought the GPA had been very good lately? Kind of embarrasing really, but I think the 03 class had a bunch of burnouts to go with quite a few early departures...
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby gnati » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:49 pm


Best campus I've ever seen. Now a lifestyle center is going up across the street.

Hate the domers, too, but not w/ your vitriol.



I take it you've never been to Westwood.

I am with you on the domers, but my vitriol kicks yours and lee's in the ass. My vitriol gknows gno boundries.
gnati
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Butler County Dirt
Favorite Player: .
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby gnati » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:51 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Going back to Dorchester for my monthly Irish Ghetto night out in two Wednesday's:

(mooning)


You need to spend more time on Blue Hill Avenue, then I will be impressed.
gnati
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Butler County Dirt
Favorite Player: .
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:38 pm

gnati wrote:

Best campus I've ever seen. Now a lifestyle center is going up across the street.

Hate the domers, too, but not w/ your vitriol.



I take it you've never been to Westwood.

I am with you on the domers, but my vitriol kicks yours and lee's in the ass. My vitriol gknows gno boundries.


Nor Pepperdine.

I'm mainly talking about layout, buildings and maintenance, continuity. They spare no expense and have an awesome plan and midwest setting. It is all out of central casting. I'm a geek about that stuff. Would love to see UCLA.

I am shocked. Shocked I tell you, that a fine young man who was educated by the Bros of the HC would roll that way as a domer hata.

Roll into eat, drink & be merry. We coud use your help in a whiskey thread.

I have dislike, but can't muster hate.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:39 pm

JCoz wrote: Kind of embarrasing really, but I think the 03 class had a bunch of burnouts to go with quite a few early departures...


Way to bring back "burnout". That term needs to make a come back.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:57 pm

out of all the campuses I've seen, I'd have to put UCLA's up there as probably one of the best. It's right down the road for Beverly Hills for god's sake. The girls are also, really hot.

Image
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6361
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Ah yep U.C.L.A. ( Orange County not Mahoning) is second only to Pepperdine boys..Malibu Beach wins every time !

Gardner has a very quick release and a cannon. He will be a nightmare if they get receivers with hands at scUM. He threw a 60 yd pass with 1:40 left to beat Big Red which hadn't lost at home in 3 years. He looked bigger than 6' 4" and faster than 4.57. He is the real f#$$%cking deal and tvest must have had a "good" reason but it AIN't football related.

R-Rod feels like he's at the Alamo right now just buying time till his "primo" recruiting class with Gardner as his crown jewel gets there to save the Fort.(ier)

Question is will anyone be left standing by the time they get acclimated.

Buckeye Grad rate...speaks for itself. Us and those "Hook em Horns".
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Harbaugh, Les Miles, or Brian Kelly? Which one ends up in Ann Arbor after we put the finishing touches on DickRod Saturday?
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17880
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:54 pm

I don't think Dick Rod gets shit canned this season. I believe he comes back for 2010.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I don't think Dick Rod gets shit canned this season. I believe he comes back for 2010.

End of the day, 5-7, no bowl again, questions as to exactly how good these last two classes of his have been, and the ethical concerns ... that's enough right there.

But Brian Kelly and Harbaugh are both getting upgrades this off-season, both have Michigan ties.

Just can't see them rolling the dice on a 3rd year of DickRod at the cost of passing on these two guys ... who are the hottest two young coaching names in the sport right now.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17880
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:06 pm

I get what you're saying, but how long do you think it would take Kelly or Harbaugh to get their type of players in Ann Abor. I seriously doubt they're going anywhere with who they have now. Why not give DR another year to see if his recruits will work in his offense?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I get what you're saying, but how long do you think it would take Kelly or Harbaugh to get their type of players in Ann Abor. I seriously doubt they're going anywhere with who they have now. Why not give DR another year to see if his recruits will work in his offense?

They're in a tough spot, its a good point. And its what made hiring this snake oil piece of shit and his gimmicky offense very risky. Kelly and Harbaugh turned things around real quick in Cincitucky and Palo Alto.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17880
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:10 pm

lol. Yeah, I feel dirty for somewhat defending him.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby pup » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:13 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I get what you're saying, but how long do you think it would take Kelly or Harbaugh to get their type of players in Ann Abor. I seriously doubt they're going anywhere with who they have now. Why not give DR another year to see if his recruits will work in his offense?


Because Kelly and Harbaugh both give you a better chance, even with Skeletor's husband players.
Because it is now or possibly never for both these guys.

Does Harbaugh come? Some bad blood between them, no?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12004
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:12 pm

I keep reading about how Michigan is struggling because the cupboard was so bare (no excuse for 1-6 in the Big Ten or whatever; plenty of teams don't even have cupboards) especially on defense.

Defense.

I was just checking out what kind of class Dick is bringing in. They have 20 commits, one of which is a P so make it 19.

They supposedly need defense. I have to assume they need OL too, as the spread requires very different abilities out of that position.

So out of 19 guys, what does he have? 5 WRs, 3 RBs, and 2 QBs. Oh, he also has an OG on the offensive side. This is a team built to win in the Big Ten; just ask any of the coaches what it is like to play Iowa/OSU/PSU during a year with a weak OL.

So 8 guys on defense. 3 DE, a DT, 2 CBs, 2 S. Only one of which has even a 4 star rating on scout.com.

If this is how he is going to build a balanced team, with the roster being half WR/RB/QB, they ought to cut their losses and just shitcan him this week so the next guy can at least try to make it so this class isn't a complete waste.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby BruceK » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:59 pm

time for some Dead Schembechlers

User avatar
BruceK
BJKResearch.com
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:45 pm
Location: Lakewood OH
Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Re: Adventures with Dick Rod

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:36 pm

What did the NCAA find in the toilet?


Dick Rod's log:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4660285
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7686
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Next

Return to College Sports Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest