Text Size

College Sports Arena

Ginn Gone

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Ginn Gone

Unread postby yargs7 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:41 am

According to ESPNews.

No suprise here. He will be a 1st Round Pick. Maybe Top 15.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby johnnyo » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:54 am

If I had any influence on any college player with talent, I would STRONGLY urge them to turn pro as soon as practical. With a big signing bonus, these kids can be off to a huge head start in life. If they stay for their senior year, they risk injury and possibly never seeing the pros. As much as I hate to see Ginn go, I say good for him.
Ride it like you stole it.
johnnyo
Stiller Fan

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:56 am

Robiskie, Hartline, and Small at WR in '07.

With Boeckman as the front runner to hold off Shoenhoft and the frosh Henton at QB. Beanie as the workhorse in the backfield with the super phenom Brandon Saine and Maurice Wells behind him.

No?
Last edited by swerb on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:14 pm

Nope.

Maurice Wells is going to transfer and sit out a year. He says somewhere in the ACC or SEC. There has been no major reporting on it, but it will come soon.

Boeckman will start the summer/spring practice listed higher on the depth chart, but folks that I have talked to tell me that competition for the quarterback slot is going to be really tight this year.

Boeckman offers more experience in the system (an original signee with the 2003 class) and has two years of eligibility because he "grey shirted."

Shoenhoft has three years of eligibility remaining. Both are BIG and have big arms. Word on the street from my buddies is that Boeckman is not the sharpest tool in the shed and that Shoenhoft may actually be the better bet. Shoenhoft is 6'6" 235.

Henton, I think is a long shot. He has a lot of talent, but he also has a big mouth and thinks very highly of himself. He has lately gone a long ways towards comparing himself to Troy Smith. He is going to need a lot of refining to be Jim Tressel's QB next year (or in 2 years). If you see him next year, it is more an impressive statement on how badly Shoenhoft and Boeckman were in practice.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena