Text Size

College Sports Arena

LLLLLLLLoyd Carr the piece of shit...

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

LLLLLLLLoyd Carr the piece of shit...

Unread postby jjgmyers » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:13 pm

still not giving Ohio St. it's due.

"I don't want to compare teams," coach Lloyd Carr said when asked how USC looked next to Ohio State. "I said going into this game, USC is the best defensive team we've played, and there's no doubt in my mind that they are."

I pray LLLLLLLLOyd Cooper stays for life at Mich.

Leon Hall an All-American? Woodley's name wasn't mentioned one time during that game. The vaunted Michigan O-Line was dominated.

I love it ... Easiest money I've ever made in my life (USC +2.5)
jjgmyers
I Heart Fat Chicks

Unread postby furls » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:34 pm

LLLWLLoyd Carr proved yesterday, again, that as long as he is the head coach of Michigan, they will continue to be a non-factor. He had about 40 days to prepare for USC and he still, arrogantly, decided to make zero changes to his gameplan. I understand that your team is what it is, but at the same time he needs to realize that USC is going to spend the better of their practice time working on defending against Michigan's zone blocking scheme, and they did it perfectly.

Carr made no adjustments until the fourth quarter and his comments going into the half were pretty arrogant too. When asked what his team needed to do to get the running game going he said that they needed to block better up front. I would argue that they were blocking fine upfront, what was killing them was the safety and strongside linebacker filling immediately upon recognition. The problem with zone blocking is that you cannot run play action from it, at least not in any convincing way. A good defense, one that has had 40 days to prepare, knows when you are playing against a zone blocking scheme that you don't watch the quarterback to see the handoff, you watch the linemen all stand up and run to the right or left. To his credit, Carroll had his linebackers and safeties fill immediately and they did a great job of maintaining the cutback lanes (something that Ohio State failed to do).

Carr had the players and athletes to compete yesterday, but he didn't have the game plan to do so. He squandered one of the most talented teams in college football this year.

Now, regarding OSU vs. USC as a potential match up.... The Buckeyes actually match up much better against USC than Michigan. Patrick Cowan, QB from UCLA, killed USC with his mobility and OSU's secondary is much better than Michigan's (which is non existant), example here:

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... hp?id=1020

Chad Henne is indecisive (and holds onto the ball way too long), and Jim Tressel is smart enough to adapt his gameplan to his opponent's strengths and weaknesses.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:42 pm

Carr had the players and athletes to compete yesterday, but he didn't have the game plan to do so. He squandered one of the most talented teams in college football this year.

Rack the hell out of that take. So true.

Great rants on that POS Carr fellas, I could not agree more. Those fucking morons up north won't can him either.

After having to watch Knute Cooper stay on for five years too long, and presently being forced to live with Crennel and Wedge, it's nice to see other hated rivals making the same mistakes.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:20 am

Being in NYC for the weekend, I missed all the bowl action. Boy, did Michigan get pasted in the 2nd half. I only caught parts of the 1st half, saw it was 3-3 at half-time....then stumbled onto the game in the last few minutes when it was 32-18 and I wondered what the hell happened.

I will say, that USC's defense is probably better than the over-rated OSU unit, so I didn't take Carr's comments in a bad light. He's still an ass though.....the guy truly is Lloyd Cooper. Can't beat OSU and win bowl games.....especially since Tressell arrived.

You just know Carr is praying that some miracle happens and Tressell goes to the Browns, thereby leaving Columbus.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to College Sports Arena