Text Size

College Sports Arena

2010 LB Jordan Hicks

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

2010 LB Jordan Hicks

Unread postby JoJo White » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:15 pm

This guy is a surefire 5-star badass. A more impressive collection of LB highlights I have not seen:

http://scoutingohio.com/index.php/view- ... rdan.Hicks

Lots of Horn fans initially believed he was a Texas lock, but word is that Tressell has circled the wagons and made up a lot of ground recently.

His offer list is sick:

http://texas.rivals.com/viewprospect.as ... 80&sport=1
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Re: 2010 LB Jordan Hicks

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:39 am

wow. get him JT.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby furls » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:04 pm

Hicks is probably the best HS player to come out of Ohio since Beanie. As far as video, I would say that it is about as impessive as Dorian Bell (5* OSU 2009 commit). The two have very different styles, Bell is far more explosive Hicks is more powerful, but both are exceptional prospects. Now that said, getting Jordan Hicks would give OSU a ridiculous 2011 LB corps of Sabino, Hicks, and Bell. That is theoretically the most ridiculous set of LBs as I have ever seen on the field in college football.

Now that said, if there was one position that the Buckeyes could miss out on a kid like that, it is LB. The Buckeyes depth chart at LB really is an embarassment of riches with Sabino, Sweat (remember Sweat and Sabino were the #1 & #2 ILBs in the country last year), Rolle, Hines, Bell, Klein, and Whiting. The Buckeyes really need to land some inside help on the D-Line. Coming in second for Corey Adams was significant.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Sounds crazy, but the kid is 6'2", 210, and it looks like he runs like a deer. Maybe a safety (Urlacher, Mays)?
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby furls » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Nope. He is a straight LB through and through. The way he attacks blockers and plays in traffic, I would say he is a Strongside LB. That makes the prospect of him coming to OSU that much more enticing. Sabino is a natural MLB and Bell can straight up fly and play in space (making him a natural Will).
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Run a 3-4, put them all on the field.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby jordan kramer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 pm

if your name is Jordan, you're naturally athletic
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:56 pm

He looks like LT in Techmo Bowl where the QB would only have 1 second to get rid of the ball, or LT would just chase him down even if QB started running other way on snap.

He seems very disciplined as well. That is something very rare on somebody so talented. He seems to play excellent pass defense staying in his zone and then exploding through the ball carrier.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby JoJo White » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:48 pm

The thing with Hicks is that his timeline for a decision and UT's timeline probably won't mesh. UT is going to want a commit in the near future, or else they will move on. Right or wrong, Mack Brown will usually rather get a commit today for a 4-star player rather than wait til National Signing Day for the 5-star player to decide.

Most of the time, UT can afford to be pushy since so many Texas kids want to play there and it is the flagship university. Hell, today, UT received its 11th commit for 2010 with QB Connor Wood. So we're still almost 12 months til Feb 2010 and UT is about halfway done with its class.
JoJo White

Unread postby furls » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Mack is a smart guy, one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Hicks is an excellent player, but I am not sure that he is sooo good that he is worth the "bird in hand" when that bird is also going to be an elite LB prospect. Texas brings in ~3 LBs per year and they have 2 commits already. If I were Mack, I would take his 1a choice if Hicks isnt ready to commit and fill my LB slots. Now, that said, I would have no problems taking a 4th LB later in the year if that guy was Hicks.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby onlyindreams » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Next year is a great LB class in Ohio. I have been most impressed with McVey, who was completely unblockable in the state title game, plus he showed the ability to drop into coverage. He would be great as a 3-4 OLB.
onlyindreams

Favorite Player: Browns Backup QB
Least Favorite Player: Browns Starting QB

Unread postby JoJo White » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 am

Furls wrote:Mack is a smart guy, one in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Hicks is an excellent player, but I am not sure that he is sooo good that he is worth the "bird in hand" when that bird is also going to be an elite LB prospect. Texas brings in ~3 LBs per year and they have 2 commits already. If I were Mack, I would take his 1a choice if Hicks isnt ready to commit and fill my LB slots. Now, that said, I would have no problems taking a 4th LB later in the year if that guy was Hicks.

That'd be my guess and that's how Mack played 2009. He filled up with the essentials and then went after 3 out of state guys (Jarvis JOnes, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Devon Kennard), none of whom panned out but weren't "must-have" guys.

I would expect Mack to fill up on the essentials, and then leave a few spots open (or spots that aren't really open and will figure out room later) for Hicks & WR Reed and the 5-star guys from Texas who look like they will "enjoy the process", including RB Seastrunk, DE Jeffcoat (#1 player in the country, probably), and DE Wilson.

By the way, Texas got commit #12 tonight with CB Carrington Byndom and the Horns hold their 2nd junior day this weekend, so expect a few more commits this weekend and early next week.

Buckeyes, however, got a commit from LB David Durham out of Westlake High in Austin, Drew Brees' high school. I know nothing about the kid and is somewhat off the radar.
JoJo White

Unread postby JoJo White » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:34 pm

New video of an interview up at Rivals - says Texas has always been his favorite team but is open. Ohio State, Texas, and Florida recruiting him the hardest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/amp-footb ... ting-45271

Would seem that Hicks is a perfect fit for what Muschamp wants to do (ATTACK!!!!).
JoJo White

Return to College Sports Arena