Text Size

College Sports Arena

Hey JB: Bob Stoops is Kurt Schottenheimer in Big Games

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Hey JB: Bob Stoops is Kurt Schottenheimer in Big Games

Unread postby jb » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:50 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:Eh, maybe I'm just being a little defensive, JB. Which I'm wont to do from time to time.

I'm just struggling to see the usefulness of the "I-270" gloss in this conversation.

If you're seeing it as an attempt to be demeaning and a bit condescending then I think you're seeing it straight.

Oh horse shit, Peeks.

You can't tell me my intent. I can't tell you or herm how to react. I know I am a huge smart ass and trouble maker, but I'm as much as a live and let live mofo as infests these parts.

But I can tell you what I meant. And that is as simple as reading the Dogpatch's takes on buckeye football and comparing them to say the Monolith's.

It is a difference in perspective. Guys like Lee, me and mattvan are Buckeye fans. But obviously Furls, CDT and maybe Herm bleed that S & G so they are completely immersed. It gives a difference in perspective. Not better, not worse, just different.

But neither one right or wrong sir. And that's not how most of it reads. It's almost accusatory/derogatory. I ain't tellin ya your intent. I'm telling ya how it sounds to me.

Sorry.

But doesn't mean yah pegged me.

Done.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Furls wrote:
I'm just not one to make blanket judgments, at least not in this case. I don't see Florida, LSU, USC and Texas as a monolith. They're different children with different fathers. Florida was a top-to-bottom catastrophe. Texas could have gone either way (and I would have liked to see the game play out with a healthy TP that had confidence in his ability to sustain contact.) LSU and USC were simply superior teams with superior personnel and the homefield advantage. The loss of poise and composure in three of these games was alarming, and that can be put on the head coach. But at some point the players have to take ownership of the team as well.

I'm ready to see what transpires with TP under center full-time, with this star-crossed group of seniors gone, and with whatever changes JT makes to the program. Not ready to consign JT to a certain category quite yet.

Perfectly stated. The last time they drew blood the Dr.s, were a bit surprised to see the grey in there with the scarlet, but once I explained things they got it. Just do me a favor JB, don't ever let those guys in the media tell you how you should feel about your teams or how the nation as a whole feels. Remember, these are the same guys who said not one month ago that the Lebron alone could not carry his team past the C's. These guys didn't realize just how shaken up that roster was. These are the guys that said that the Wallace/Hughes&Gooden Trade last year was a bad deal for the Cavs because it put them in a worse cap spot, when it clearly did not. It would be one thing if they're analysis was off a bit from time to time, but I am actually beginning to find their "analysis" factually incorrect. FWIW, Cowherd said that the Hornets would beat the cavs at home last night; the fact that he was wrong is not surprising, guys get stuff wrong, nor is the fact that he picked against the Cavs. In general most of these guys don't pay enough attention to have an informed opinion about much of anything.

Mike, no one knows the bucks like you. be well.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:19 pm

JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:Eh, maybe I'm just being a little defensive, JB. Which I'm wont to do from time to time.

I'm just struggling to see the usefulness of the "I-270" gloss in this conversation.

If you're seeing it as an attempt to be demeaning and a bit condescending then I think you're seeing it straight.

Oh horse shit, Peeks.

You can't tell me my intent. I can't tell you or herm how to react. I know I am a huge smart ass and trouble maker, but I'm as much as a live and let live mofo as infests these parts.

But I can tell you what I meant. And that is as simple as reading the Dogpatch's takes on buckeye football and comparing them to say the Monolith's.

It is a difference in perspective. Guys like Lee, me and mattvan are Buckeye fans. But obviously Furls, CDT and maybe Herm bleed that S & G so they are completely immersed. It gives a difference in perspective. Not better, not worse, just different.

But neither one right or wrong sir. And that's not how most of it reads. It's almost accusatory/derogatory. I ain't tellin ya your intent. I'm telling ya how it sounds to me.

Sorry.

Done.

Goes both ways sir.

Peace.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:38 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Oh horse shit, Peeks.

Sorry.

Done.

Goes both ways sir.

Peace.

Who is mr aids ?
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:34 am

JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Oh horse shit, Peeks.

Sorry.

Done.

Goes both ways sir.

Peace.

Who is mr aids ?

That's Ms. Aids sir. Samantha Ronson or something like that. Lindsay's significant other. I can see how you'd be confused. I can't see how Lindsay would be, but hey, live and let live I guess.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:21 am

Anybody got the number of the chic in the hat?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby furls » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:34 am

I don't have her number, but I think I might know a heroin dealer who does.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Previous

Return to College Sports Arena