Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Extend CC

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Extend CC

Unread postby swerb » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:35 am

Bottom line, CC displayed one of the lowest baseball IQ's of any starter in baseball the last couple of seasons. This year, he pitched much smarter in my estimation, and took a big step towards re-establishing himself as a #1 guy.

We've seen CC turn it on and off mentally in past years. This year, outside of one bad stretch very early (IIRC), he was very, very good start in and start out.

Hes always had the stuff. He really confirmed that for me the night I sat behind the dish with pup, DiFranco, and the Consigliere a month back ... and watched him just absolutely dominate a Blue Jay lineup stacked with strong veteran bats.

With any signing of this magnitude, theres some risk. But I think the Indians should give him his Oswalt Money and lock his ass up. I'm surprised I'm saying this ... as I haven't been on this side of the CC argument, well, ever.

The Indians almost need to lock him and Pronk up. They are both such likable guys, not trouble makers off the field, and a fan base tired of being jilted at the altar would embrace it. And both guys are in their prime for their respective positions.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:23 am

Very possible you may see them enter discussions with CC and/or Pronk this offseason about an extension. This was the exact time when they talked with CC about an extension two years ago (when he had two years left on his club deal).
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Jennifer » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:44 pm

Hi!
Jennifer

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:21 pm

Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby dpdad » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:33 pm

I'm fine with extending CC's contract, but I hope they put a strict fitness clause in it. I'm tired of seeing him come into camp out of shape each spring.
dpdad

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB