Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Blake has to be Benched!

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Unread postby Duane Kuiper » Wed May 07, 2008 12:57 pm

CarolinaTribe wrote:Is there a better place to counter the Blake Basher's than this thread? Or since I don't agree with what the thread has turned into, I'm not allowed to speak?

Never said that. My response was mainly to this.
I hate the fact that every time I read a thread it involves several people whining about Casey Blake.

If you don't want to read whining about Blake, then don't open a thread tittled Blake should be benched.

The thread title is "Blake has to be benched!" Some have turned it into "I hate Casey Blake for not benching himself!"

Blake certainly could perform much better. But nobody said he should remove himself from the lineup. Unless I missed it.
Duane Kuiper

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Wed May 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Eckersley wrote:You're probably right Tito, but doesn't that make the FO look like idiots to have Marte taking up a roster spot if they know he's dead wood?

Yeah, pretty much so. But the fact is, I think they were simply hoping to find a team interested in taking Marte off their hands.

The truth is, Shapiro is still smarting big time over their decision to dump Phillips and Guthrie. I think now he's snakebit.
TitoFrancona

Favorite Player: Tito Francona
Least Favorite Player: Jim Thome

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Wed May 07, 2008 1:23 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:The truth is, Shapiro is still smarting big time over their decision to dump Phillips and Guthrie. I think now he's snakebit.

I think you might mean "gunshy" here.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby drewd » Wed May 07, 2008 1:26 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:
Eckersley wrote:You're probably right Tito, but doesn't that make the FO look like idiots to have Marte taking up a roster spot if they know he's dead wood?

Yeah, pretty much so. But the fact is, I think they were simply hoping to find a team interested in taking Marte off their hands.

The truth is, Shapiro is still smarting big time over their decision to dump Phillips and Guthrie. I think now he's snakebit.

I remember that double header that Guthrie pitched in for us, i told everyone that he looked better then sowers, everyone disagreed and latter that year he was gone

Phillips situation was screwed up, they were playing Belliard and right after Phillips was picked up (Apr 7) Belliard was traded (July 30)!
drewd
Unrealistic Trade Guy

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Wed May 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Steve Buffum wrote:
TitoFrancona wrote:The truth is, Shapiro is still smarting big time over their decision to dump Phillips and Guthrie. I think now he's snakebit.

I think you might mean "gunshy" here.

Yeah, that's a much better term.

Thanks.
TitoFrancona

Favorite Player: Tito Francona
Least Favorite Player: Jim Thome

Unread postby Jennifer » Wed May 07, 2008 7:02 pm

At the risk of hurting myself by patting myself on the back a week or two ago I offered the opinion that Marte might be getting so little playing time because the Tribe was hoping to get him through waivers when the next waiver period started and he'd start seeing more playing time in early May if he didn't make it through waivers (a bonus pat for sentence length :roll ). Tonight he is starting his second game in a row. Doesn't prove my hypothesis was right but it certainly supports it.

The Tribe really does need to make a decision about Marte in the next three plus weeks if Choo proves himself healthy in his rehab stint.
I never learn anything if everyone always agrees with me.
Jennifer

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB