Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Who On The Indians Is Getting Married?

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Who On The Indians Is Getting Married?

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:47 pm

Interesting caller on one of the sports talk radio stations this afternoon.

You've always gotta take these with a grain of salt, but a guy called in and said his cousin's best friend was marrying one of the Indians in a couple of weeks. He said he didn't want to say who, but that hes talked to this player several times and he says Wedge has completely lost the team.

The guy also went on to say that on one of the Indians recent off days, that 1/3 of the team did not show to a allegedly mandatory practice. And that many of the players are night owls, and that it's not policed like it is on other teams. Guy said a couple other interesting things Im forgetting at the moment. It was a pretty comprehensive and scathing criticism of Wegde and how loosely he runs the team, and how little respect the guys supposedly have for him.

The guy sounded legit, but who knows. Just wondering if anyone knows of any of the guys on the team getting hitched anytime soon, as it may lend more creedence to what this guy was saying.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:51 am

I have no idea if any of that is true, but I would be quite surprised of any of it was not. Just watch the team. I think it is pretty clear that he has no handle on this team.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Who On The Indians Is Getting Married?

Unread postby shin-soo choo » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:27 pm

Swerb wrote:Interesting caller on one of the sports talk radio stations this afternoon.

You've always gotta take these with a grain of salt, but a guy called in and said his cousin's best friend was marrying one of the Indians in a couple of weeks. He said he didn't want to say who, but that hes talked to this player several times and he says Wedge has completely lost the team.

The guy also went on to say that on one of the Indians recent off days, that 1/3 of the team did not show to a allegedly mandatory practice. And that many of the players are night owls, and that it's not policed like it is on other teams. Guy said a couple other interesting things Im forgetting at the moment. It was a pretty comprehensive and scathing criticism of Wegde and how loosely he runs the team, and how little respect the guys supposedly have for him.

The guy sounded legit, but who knows. Just wondering if anyone knows of any of the guys on the team getting hitched anytime soon, as it may lend more creedence to what this guy was saying.

I have an idea...Hafner
I love Cleveland and its sports teams
shin-soo choo

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:16 pm

Did Hafner recently get married?

Interesting quote I heard from Pronk on the radio on the way home today. He said "it was refreshing to see the energy and effort all these kids we have up bring to the ballpark". And that it was "finally fun again to come to the park".

Pretty biting indictment of Wedge as a 1st half manager IMO ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:37 am

Really? Without that quote did you think Wedge was solid in the first half? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:19 pm

Did Hafner recently get married?

Interesting quote I heard from Pronk on the radio on the way home today. He said "it was refreshing to see the energy and effort all these kids we have up bring to the ballpark". And that it was "finally fun again to come to the park".

Pretty biting indictment of Wedge as a 1st half manager IMO ...
Okay, you all have finally gotten to me and tonight or tomorrow I will be starting a Wedge thread to specifically deal with the "evidence" against Wedge but I could not let Swerb's post go unanswered.

It seems to me that many of those anti-Wedge people will take virtually any fact or quote and interpret it with respect to their preconceived overall opinion of Wedge rather than viewing the fact or quote objectively. With respect to Hafner's quote it seems to me that there are least two interpretations. The one not offered, at at least as reasonable as the one offered, is that Hafner was talking about the doom and gloom pervading the clubhouse because of the losing and with the addition of new blood and a four game winning streak baseball is fun again.
Jennifer

Unread postby pup » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:24 am

Okay, you all have finally gotten to me and tonight or tomorrow I will be starting a Wedge thread to specifically deal with the "evidence" against Wedge but I could not let Swerb's post go unanswered

So I am going to assume you are in the pre-Wedge camp at this point? I have a pretty full schedule tomorrow, but you may be forcing me to log on and check your rationale.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB