Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Boone Fucking Logan

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Boone Fucking Logan

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Tue May 02, 2006 5:16 pm

Why is it that our rivals always seem to be able to pull Gomer McGoober off the turnip truck and he turns into some bastard that turns into All Pro Rookie Phenom Gil Thorpe Boy Wonder Story? Especially when our F.C. boys are throwing up (or at least *I* am throwing up) double-digit ERAs. I know it's irrational and based on a tiny, tiny sample size, but damn! Where the fuck did this guy come from and why is he the second coming of Neal Cotts?

What ever happened to that guy from Akron we pulled up for one appearance? Could he be our Logan? Would you pay Brian Slocum getting sent back to the farm to find out? I sure would like a lefty in the pen whose name didn't rhyme with Pot Powerbeck.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby pup » Wed May 03, 2006 10:50 am

Help is on the way. The Tribe signed...ready....Vic Darensbourg.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 03, 2006 12:41 pm

So who goes from the 40-man if they ever decide to activae Darensbourg or Heredia? I know Buff wants it to be Graves......hell, who goes if they ever decide to activate Karsay?

Anyway, as I mentioned on CS yesterday, love em or hate em, this is the WS approach with pitchers.....they are a bit moe aggressive with their pitching prospects than we are. It has worked for them of late, and not worked for us.

With Logan performing well for Chicago, it would be nice to see what a Tony Sipp could do for us.....although we'll have to wait a little now since he is on the DL.

And, I'd be fine with giving Perez another shot in the pen, plus he is already on the 40-man. Send down Guthrie to call him up.

I also checked, and Neal Cotts never pitched in AAA....the WS brought him right up from AA two years ago. Maybe they are onto something with lefthanded relievers....
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Wed May 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Consigliere wrote:So who goes from the 40-man if they ever decide to activae Darensbourg or Heredia? I know Buff wants it to be Graves......hell, who goes if they ever decide to activate Karsay?

Have they officially moved Miller to the 60-day? That would free up one spot, right?

I can't believe there's not a guy on the 40 we couldn't move, someone of the Inglett/Laker ilk, the Ernie Youngs or Ryan Ludwicks of today.

Is Merloni on the 40? If so, designate Vazquez. If not, designate Vazquez.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Good call on Miller and the 60-day DL thingy.....I keep forgetting about that. He hasn't been placed on it yet (or last time I checked a few days ago), but I would think when he is placed on it they'll use that vacated roster spot for one of Heredia, Darensbourg or Karsay.....

Right now, though, the 40-man is full. If you start releasing players, you are going to have to release the Brian Slocum and Raffy Perez's of the world, and I just don't see that happening. After Graves, who do you release? If you release Vazquez, you still need a utility guy....so whoever you add to the 40-man (Inglett and Merloni are not on the 40-man) to replace him you are back to square one.

Who do you remove (besides Graves) from the current 40-man:

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp ... p?c_id=cle

After Graves, I would consider dumping Hollandsworth (and calling up Dubois).....or giving up on Dittler. That's about it though.....
consigliere

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Wed May 03, 2006 1:46 pm

Consigliere wrote:Who do you remove (besides Graves) from the current 40-man:

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp ... p?c_id=cle

After Graves, I would consider dumping Hollandsworth (and calling up Dubois).....or giving up on Dittler. That's about it though.....

Vazquez, obviously. I might say Snyder as well. I tend to overvalue our own guys, though. Is Stanford actually good? Is Gutierrez? I'd like to believe it ... but I'm far from certain. (Dittler might actually make it through waivers.)

More likely, I'd try to swing a trade of one of these guys for a non-40-man yoot.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 03, 2006 2:23 pm

Steve Buffum wrote:Vazquez, obviously. I might say Snyder as well. I tend to overvalue our own guys, though. Is Stanford actually good? Is Gutierrez? I'd like to believe it ... but I'm far from certain. (Dittler might actually make it through waivers.)

After looking at it, I think the guy on the 40-man looking to be dumped 1st is Dittler. He has stalled this year at AAA.....and he might also clear waivers.

If you dump Vazquez, you still need a utility guy of which we have none on the 40-man....so once you add Merloni or Inglett to the 40-man (a move I still recommend anyway), you still lack a roster spot.

I'm not a big fan of Hollandsworth, but I think as a 4th Ofer he isn't bad. But, maybe you go with Gutierrez instead....although, again, this org seems cemented in the belief they'd rather have a kid playing everyday in Buffalo than 2-3 times a week at most in Cleveland.

Stanford is probably our 7th starter, and he has performed well at Beefalo.....and I still contend that he might be a solution to our lefty woes in the pen. No way I dump Snyder right now.

BTW, I am curious as hell to see what Dubois can do....for the past two years he has shown exceptional ability in AAA....but struggled in the majors in limited ABs. I'd like to see what he can do if given another shot.
consigliere

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB