Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Great start

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Great start

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:06 pm

What a contrast from last year. I really think this team could and should be good (again) for a long time to come. I was not a huge fan of the Cocoa trade, but I still think this is definetly a quality team with a quality nucleus. Best part is that (to my knowledge) there is not a Manny Ramirez or Albert/Joey Belle to mess up the chemistry.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby pup » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:53 pm

I don't think Manny was ever a distrction while in Cleveland. It wasn't until the Red Sox handed him more money than he could handle that he turned into a complete flake.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:42 pm

I am absolutely giddy right now. In NO WAY did I expect a 5-1 start against our two closest Central Division rivals. I wanted a 4-2 start....would have been happy with 3-3....but we got 5-1. Unfuckingbelieveable.

Hopefully this is the sort of start that propels them to a fantastic season with lots of breaks going their way like the White Sox last year. I don't care what anyone says, if you are a GOOD team and get off to a GOOD start, it just pumps up the confidence of the team and things just seem to run smoother.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby furls » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:39 am

Manny wasnt a jerkoff in cleveland, but by all reports once he was an established star he sure did get LAZY.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby mark » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:59 am

Wow...nitpicking a super duper star...

Manny as lazy? Manny is goofy...but you don't hit like he does year in and year out without working at it. I would be thrilled if he were still a part of the Indians.

As for Belle---he was a jerk. That said, I'll take a jerk who can hit everyday of the week.

Manny and Belle were simply the two best players from the "ERA of Champions" time period. They were not the problem in the Indians failing to win a World Series.
mark

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:04 pm

Furls wrote:Manny wasnt a jerkoff in cleveland, but by all reports once he was an established star he sure did get LAZY.

FWIW, I just heard an interview last week with Theo Epstein on Jim Rome. Epstein said Manny is the first player to the ball park every single day. Said he enters through a secret entrance cause he doesn't want the pub for it.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB