Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

It's hard for me to be mad at Thome.

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

It's hard for me to be mad at Thome.

Unread postby tglass6105 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:46 am

Two years ago I was down in Florida for spring training games. My friend and I were in Tampa to see the Yankees play the Phillies. Thome came out to sign some autographs, just baseballs really.

I didn't have anything for him to get signed except my Indians hat. I took off the hat, pulled out my Sharpie, and stuck my arm out trying to get an autograph. He said he was done signing and had to get going, but he saw my Indians hat and walked down the line to give me an autograph. I said "Thanks Mr. Thome!" and he responded "No problem, bud." Then he ran back into the dugout.

I want to be mad at him, but I just can't anymore.
Burn on, big river.
tglass6105

Unread postby pup » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:26 am

I went to Cincinatti to watch a game with the Phillies in his first year after "The Bolting".

The Cinci fans were cracking up at us for riding him so hard, until they found out we were from Cleveland...then they joined in.

He is an asshole. Always will be.

"She is my rock"..."plus she frequently kicks my ass so I have to do what she says."
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:38 am

I used to love Thome. I wore my socks like him, but when I saw what he passed up in perks .....!!!!!!!.........for one more year.......I now walk on my pant hems.....like Manny.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby DGeneral » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:52 am

Thome is scum. He used the tribe to leverage Philly to get maximum dollar and screwed them out of a few good prospects they could have traded for.

He never had any intention of staying here, A lieing bastard.
DGeneral

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:02 am

I have no problem with someone "taking the money".

I do have a problem with people that say the following things just before taking the money ...

"It can't be all about greed."

"The deal has to be fair for both sides."

"They'd have to rip the jersey off my back."

These are all documented statements he said more than once, including during an in studio interview with Trivosonno a month or so before this all came to a head. Triv constantly plays these soundbites.

Yes, Thome had some great years here, and played the facade of the all around good guy to the tee. But to sit in Jacobs field and cheer for this Benedict Arnold, now as a member of our division rivals ... it's unfathomable to me.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby DGeneral » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:07 am

Swerb wrote:Yes, Thome had some great years here, and played the facade of the all around good guy to the tee. But to sit in Jacobs field and cheer for this Benedict Arnold, now as a member of our division rivals ... it's unfathomable to me.

One of the greatest pleasures I had the other night was to be at Jacobs field and Boo that bum. The nice mellow ring of boo's coming everytime that scum walked into the batters box was very nice.
DGeneral

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB