Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Trade Idea

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Trade Idea

Unread postby aaronBG10 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:54 pm

This may be a little early to make this assumption but I really think Cliff Lee is going to struggle all year. My idea for the time being is move Lee to the pen and either bring up Miller or possibly make a trade for a starting pitcher?
Might be completely stupid but what do you guys think?
aaronBG10

Re: Trade Idea

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:59 pm

aaronBG10 wrote:This may be a little early to make this assumption but I really think Cliff Lee is going to struggle all year. My idea for the time being is move Lee to the pen and either bring up Miller or possibly make a trade for a starting pitcher?
Might be completely stupid but what do you guys think?

I think if Lee lives up to his track record and gets back to average, you're fine with him in the rotation. I think sending a guy to the bullpen to 'get right' rarely works out well for the pitcher or the club.

And I think all of this is exaggerated by the fact that the majority of the starters have had a couple bad weeks. If they righten that ship then all will be well. If they don't then you're gonna need a biiger bullpen to hold all the struggling starting pitchers and you won't have to worry about picking anyone up for a stretch run that won't exist.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:09 pm

In game today, Shapiro intimated that they are thinking hard about bringing Adam Miller up, and said it could be in the rotation or the bullpen. Which means the team is at least thinking about moving Cliffie to the bullie.

In all likelihood, it would take another two bad starts in his next three from Lee to think the Indians would actually do that though.

Regardless, Im ready to see Adam Miller.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby aaronBG10 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:19 am

Yeah, as much as I want to give Lee a chance to get it going, he is too frustrating for my likes. He is one of the soft(er) throwing lefties that relies soley on control of his pitches and fooling the hitter; neither of which he has come close to doing this year.
He either needs to start paininting the corners with that fastball or get the big breaker working or else he is very, very predictable.

It will be interesting to see what happens with him...but more then likely he will stay put and try to work it out.
aaronBG10

Unread postby Eckersley » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:30 am

Buy low /sell high. Cliff Lee is probably at his all time low as far as trade value. I think we need to hang on to him & pray that he pitches much better the rest of the year.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:47 am

The other issue being that with a bullpen as weak as the Indian's bullpen, why put another struggling guy out there to hopefully work it out in long relief?

His chances to pitch will be infrequent. I think you're stuck running him out there every 5 days and hoping the four days between each start are time used to work him through his difficulties.
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB