Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tribe/White Sox Gm 3 - 7/18

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Tribe/White Sox Gm 3 - 7/18

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:55 pm

1-0 top 4th. Sox scored 1 in 1st but only have 3 hits. Indians have 5. They are being aggressive against Buehrle. Grady and Casey both singled on the 1st pitch, Victor hit the 2nd, Travis the 3rd.

And will someone send Jim Thome away please? We can not get this dude out this series.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:01 pm

:x :mad: :-x

3-0. Glad I'm not watching the game, only keeping track on Gameday. We're gonna have to come frome behind AGAIN.
cozmeesah

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:02 pm

dbl post
Last edited by cozmeesah on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cozmeesah

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:02 pm

westbrook pitching like crap once again

when are one these starters not name Fausto Carmona gonna keep us in the games early

this is very frustrating

add starter to our needs along with bullpen help and of help
Tribefan24

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:23 pm

Horrible at-bat by Victor. Two on, nobody out, 0-1 count, and he lunges at a breaking ball outside the strike zone and grounds into a DP, taking us out of the inning.

Not that it mattered, we're not going to beat Buerhle. The Tribe has always been and apparently always will be putty in the hands of any left-handed junkball pitcher.

Shapiro came on and said the key to the rest of the season is Westbrook and Lee getting back to pitching like they're capable of. Lee needs to be able to control the location of his fastball and everything else works off that.

Cabrera's body type (long arms and legs) makes it difficult for him to keep his mechanics together, but when he does he's the only guy in the pen who can consistently get K's (what about Perez, Mark?). They don't want to give up on him yet.

Kind of a depressing game, watching Buerhle do his thing. But I didn't expect any different.

Hell of an at-bat by Konerko, by the way. How he managed to hit 7 or 8 ground balls with none of them being in fair territory is beyond me. Then he finally gets a pitch just above the knees and drills it.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:42 pm

the offense needs to stop wasting opportunities

need to get it going
Tribefan24

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:09 pm

Well we got one back so far. Barf got Gut over, Grady singled him in. Buerhle went 6-1/3.
cozmeesah

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:11 pm

and Victor has his 2nd inning killer of the game

come on guys
Tribefan24

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:12 pm

Damn, Victor is being the anti-VMart today, lol. Killed two rallies with double plays.
cozmeesah

Unread postby Babrook » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:15 pm

Everyone's allowed to have an off day.
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:45 pm

Man. Screw another OF, we need all the pitching help we can get, lol. Or else we're dead.
cozmeesah

Unread postby cozmeesah » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:52 pm

Although I must say that was a nice job by Stanford to get out of that unscathed.

Can we come back again??
cozmeesah

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Jensen Lewis, 3 1/3 innings so far, one run allowed, SIX strikeouts. I like it. I want to see more.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby DarNoor » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:08 pm

Tribefan24 wrote:westbrook pitching like crap once again

I didn't like that extension when it happened. What had Wetsbrook done to deserve that contract?
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby DarNoor » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:09 pm

Prosecutor wrote:Shapiro came on and said the key to the rest of the season is Westbrook and Lee getting back to pitching like they're capable of. Lee needs to be able to control the location of his fastball and everything else works off that.

If they are relying on Westbrook and Lee, we are in trouble.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:43 pm

DarNoor wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:Shapiro came on and said the key to the rest of the season is Westbrook and Lee getting back to pitching like they're capable of. Lee needs to be able to control the location of his fastball and everything else works off that.

If they are relying on Westbrook and Lee, we are in trouble.

we cant rely on either of them.... neither of them knows how to get the job doen and be consistent

all i have to say is this our "genius" General Manager and our "genius" Manager better go out and improve this bullpen !

i am sick of hearing Shapiro say we dont want to make a move and hurt things 10 yrs from now ... make a move ! we have to make a move if we want to get the playoffs ... we need bullpen help and we need starting help b/c lee and westbrook have been terrible and we cant rely on them

why we signed westbrook to an 11 million dollar a yr extension i will never know..... way to much for a junkball pitcher
Tribefan24

Unread postby drum » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 pm

DarNoor wrote:
Tribefan24 wrote:westbrook pitching like crap once again

I didn't like that extension when it happened. What had Wetsbrook done to deserve that contract?

Consistency? He has been great. 15 wins and no injuries have been the norm until he signed oddly enough
drum

Favorite Player: Joe Posnanski
Least Favorite Player: Miami fans

Unread postby Hoover » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:49 pm

Tribefan24 wrote:i am sick of hearing Shapiro say we dont want to make a move and hurt things 10 yrs from now ... make a move ! we have to make a move if we want to get the playoffs ... we need bullpen help and we need starting help b/c lee and westbrook have been terrible and we cant rely on them

I agree. I'm sick of Shapiro saying that lots of teams need bullpen help and it's gonna be hard to get a reliever. Just do it. Trade a prospect or two. He stood pat since 2002 during the season, except for minor trades. It's time to pull the trigger and get a good reliever who can help get us to the playoffs.
Hoover

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:02 pm

Hoover wrote:
Tribefan24 wrote:i am sick of hearing Shapiro say we dont want to make a move and hurt things 10 yrs from now ... make a move ! we have to make a move if we want to get the playoffs ... we need bullpen help and we need starting help b/c lee and westbrook have been terrible and we cant rely on them

I agree. I'm sick of Shapiro saying that lots of teams need bullpen help and it's gonna be hard to get a reliever. Just do it. Trade a prospect or two. He stood pat since 2002 during the season, except for minor trades. It's time to pull the trigger and get a good reliever who can help get us to the playoffs.

This is a valid point. Your getting paid 6 figures because it's not supposed to be easy. If nobody was going after what you needed every year, couldn't like, a high school kid just do that job?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB