Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Do Not Trade List

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Do Not Trade List

Unread postby pup » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:01 am

Grady
Victor
CC
Fausto
Adam Miller

That is it, IMO. Anyone else can be had to win a title this year. All the minor leaguers are just that. Lofgren and Laffey? Barton, Guiteriez (SP?)Fransisco, Crowe? All should be moveable. If we have all this great depth and talent down there and all of the key parts (minus CC) are pretty much signed through 2012, how many marquee minor leaguers do you need?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:06 am

Anyone else can be had to win a title this year. All the minor leaguers are just that. Lofgren and Laffey? Barton, Guiteriez (SP?)Fransisco, Crowe? All should be moveable. If we have all this great depth and talent down there and all of the key parts (minus CC) are pretty much signed through 2012, how many marquee minor leaguers do you need?

While I am in 100% agreement with that statement, I would add Hafner to your list.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Babrook » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:06 am

You forgot Pronk.
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby pup » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:24 am

Babrook wrote:You forgot Pronk.

No I didn't.

I just didn't include him.

If someone offers you a top flight corner OF or closer for Pronk you make the deal, yesterday.

If they offered that for any of the other guys you do not.

DHes mean nothing to me (and I include Papi in that).

If you can't play a position, you limit your worth.

If he wants to play 1st everyday and be good, I might consider adding him.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:25 am

I might get yelled at for this but I would include Barfield, Raffy B and Joe B to the list (along with Pronk).

After last season in no way to I wish to tip over the apple cart of an effective bullpen setup. Yes I would add to those RB and JB, but not at the expense of sending one of those guys away during this season.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby pup » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:28 am

Would you trade Joe B (with the corresponding package) for Rauch and Cordero? How about Raffy?

Would you trade any of the guys I mentioned for them? No.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Re: Do Not Trade List

Unread postby rk » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:01 pm

Pup wrote:Grady
Victor
CC
Fausto
Adam Miller

Either be serious and take Adam Miller off your list or don't post this crap. If you only care about winning this year than he's about the only guy you can trade from the minors for an impact player. There would likely be a few other guys in the minors that you could get a possible impact player but Miller is guaranteed to get you something great.

You want Cordero? Trade Miller and it'll be done.

You want Byrnes? Trade Miller and get it done.

You want to trade a major league guy like Guit, Barfield, Lee, etc. for someone then you have to factor in that you will automatically hurt your team this year. You might be able to offset the negative impact of losing a guy contributing with the guy who comes in but you have to understand the risk. More than likely the 'benefit' is minimal and you are taking a chance of royally fucking up the 'team' mentality that has been cultivated by the GM and manager to get these guys to play to win.

The Indians want it this year they trade Miller. If they're content to make a run for the next 5 years then they don't.

End of story.
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby pup » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:26 pm

rk wrote:
Victor
CC
Fausto
Adam Miller

Either be serious and take Adam Miller off your list or don't post this crap. If you only care about winning this year than he's about the only guy you can trade from the minors for an impact player. There would likely be a few other guys in the minors that you could get a possible impact player but Miller is guaranteed to get you something great.

You want Cordero? Trade Miller and it'll be done.

You want Byrnes? Trade Miller and get it done.

You want to trade a major league guy like Guit, Barfield, Lee, etc. for someone then you have to factor in that you will automatically hurt your team this year. You might be able to offset the negative impact of losing a guy contributing with the guy who comes in but you have to understand the risk. More than likely the 'benefit' is minimal and you are taking a chance of royally fucking up the 'team' mentality that has been cultivated by the GM and manager to get these guys to play to win.

The Indians want it this year they trade Miller. If they're content to make a run for the next 5 years then they don't.

End of story.

Guit, Lee, Barfield...obviously in any trade involving one of them you would have to get that position back. That way you are not hurting this years team.

Adam Miller, IMO, make an impact for this team this year. Either in the pen or the rotation after one of the trades, therefore I am keeping him. If they are going to leave him in Buffalo this year, and you are offered 2 impact players for him, it should be considered. Not for Eric Byrnes or Chad Cordero though, that is for sure.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby paulcousineau » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:34 pm

Victor
CC
Fausto
Adam Miller

That is it, IMO. Anyone else can be had to win a title this year. All the minor leaguers are just that. Lofgren and Laffey? Barton, Guiteriez (SP?)Fransisco, Crowe? All should be moveable. If we have all this great depth and talent down there and all of the key parts (minus CC) are pretty much signed through 2012, how many marquee minor leaguers do you need?

That's fine, though I WOULD add Pronk because from 2004-2006 he was only the best hitter in the AL, DH or not.
The thing is that unless the Indians have a suitable replacement for a player (Barfield or Peralta, for example) why create a hole to fill one?
Is Mike Rouse going to man SS? Is Asdrubal Cabrera ready to make the jump from Akron?

I'm all for getting Jason Bay, but if you create a hole at 1B or SS in the process, what's the point?
You're spinning the wheels.

All the minor leaguers? Fine, just add Lofgren to the list because he's doing what Atom Miller did at the same age two years ago.
Barton and Crowe...take them both!

Nut the other factor is how desirable are these guys?
Why would Washington WANT Borowski? It would be great if we could get Rauch and Cordero (well, actually not Cordero) for JoeBo, but why would the Nats do that?

I think it's a great idea to "go for it" this year, but the window's not closing anytime soon. There's no need to go all Kevin Seitzer-Ricardo Rincon-John Smiley-Dave Burba on this team and push it down a little.

The team needs tweaking for sure (in the bullpen, namely), but to overhaul the team to do that doesn't make any sense when the team is successful and under contract for the foreseeable future.
Indians Fever...Be a Believer!
paulcousineau
Celebrity

Unread postby pup » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:55 pm

The DiaTriber wrote:
Victor
CC
Fausto
Adam Miller

That's fine, though I WOULD add Pronk because from 2004-2006 he was only the best hitter in the AL, DH or not.
The thing is that unless the Indians have a suitable replacement for a player (Barfield or Peralta, for example) why create a hole to fill one?
Is Mike Rouse going to man SS? Is Asdrubal Cabrera ready to make the jump from Akron?

I'm all for getting Jason Bay, but if you create a hole at 1B or SS in the process, what's the point?
You're spinning the wheels.

All the minor leaguers? Fine, just add Lofgren to the list because he's doing what Atom Miller did at the same age two years ago.
Barton and Crowe...take them both!

Nut the other factor is how desirable are these guys?
Why would Washington WANT Borowski? It would be great if we could get Rauch and Cordero (well, actually not Cordero) for JoeBo, but why would the Nats do that?

I think it's a great idea to "go for it" this year, but the window's not closing anytime soon. There's no need to go all Kevin Seitzer-Ricardo Rincon-John Smiley-Dave Burba on this team and push it down a little.

The team needs tweaking for sure (in the bullpen, namely), but to overhaul the team to do that doesn't make any sense when the team is successful and under contract for the foreseeable future.

I am sorry. From now I may have to simplify things to spell out every detail.

Do not trade Peralta if it means Rouse plays SS. Trade him if it means you get a MLB quality SS in return, plus another area of need. I am not saying trade anyone right now to get NOTHING in return?

What I am saying is there is no offer out there that I would accept the normal line from the front office on August 1st of "we did not want to give up ____________ (insert any player outside of the ones I listed)"

If we stay status quo because we are unwilling to move Chuck Lofgren for a position THEY need to win, then that is no excuse. If we don't part with Trevor Crowe because of his future possibilities, blah.

So outside of the players I listed at the top of this thread, nobody is so important to the combination of 2007 and the future that they cannot and should not be moved IN THE RIGHT DEAL.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby The Math God » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:45 pm

Truth is, in the right deal, there should be nobody on the list.

If NY offered us Phil Hughes, Mariano Rivera and A-rod for Marte, and CC it would have to be considered, not flat out refused because we refuse to trade CC
The Math God

Unread postby pup » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm

The Math God wrote:Truth is, in the right deal, there should be nobody on the list.

If NY offered us Phil Hughes, Mariano Rivera and A-rod for Marte, and CC it would have to be considered, not flat out refused because we refuse to trade CC

I might have to go back on the road and off the boards for a couple of days.

Yes, I would trade GRady for Jeter, ARod, Rivera, Wang and Torre.

I would like to rename the list The No Sensible Resonable Trades That Could Be Ever Be Offered But I Still Would Not Trade These Guys List. I will need another list of guys I would trade as long as it didn;t make the team worse to please DiaTriber, so why not a realistic list for the MathGod?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:59 pm

Pup, when is your "Guys we shouldn't cut list coming out?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB