Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

this teams terribe at....

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

this teams terribe at....

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:15 pm

hitting with Runners In Scoring Position !

bases loaded (dew to walks)

Hafner comes up gets called out on strikes

next hitter

Peralta comes up and does the same thing

SWING THE BAT !!!!

damn that stuff is so frustrating !

we should have got at least 1 run and we didnt get anything ... typical
Tribefan24

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:12 pm

and then we have grady looking at strike 3

swing the bats damn it !

another 10 strikeout game for this team... pathetic

the royals pitching sucks and we dont hammer it
Tribefan24

Unread postby buddycowley » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:04 pm

Actually, the Royals pitching is not that bad.

Their bullpen is one of the better collection of arms in the league.

And we won.

Looking forward to more premature threads from you complaining. WE usually win those games.

Buddy
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby cozmeesah » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Yeah, maybe you should take a deep breath and count to ten before you post when you're mad. Because then you can prevent looking silly and irritating us, lol.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby DarNoor » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:24 pm

I would like to talk about something positive. And that is Fausto. Where would this team be without him? I know C.C. or Victor will get MVP of this team, but i think, up to this point of the season, the award has to go to Fausto. He has saved this team more than once.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby Babrook » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:48 pm

buddycowley wrote:
Looking forward to more premature threads from you complaining. WE usually win those games.

This ^^.

And to think at the beginning of the year I was all like 'Fuck! Fausto? This team is screwed'!
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:06 am

cozmeesah wrote:Yeah, maybe you should take a deep breath and count to ten before you post when you're mad. Because then you can prevent looking silly and irritating us, lol.

we did win today and thats great ... but its not like we are playing good baseball right now

i dont care who i irratate.... the facts i pointed out are very valid and shouldnt be ignored

- we strike out way to much as a team

- Hitting with Runners in scoring position has been awful this yr

these 2 things are huge to a teams success and anyone who argues otherwise does not know the game of baseball ... at some point these things could comebakc and bite us in the ass
Tribefan24

Unread postby buddycowley » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:28 am

1. The Indians do K a lot. Does it make you feel better that we're 4th in strikeouts, but also 3rd in walks? Or that the team has grounded into the least double plays this season? Or that the Indians have seen the most pitches this season? Or 4th in OBP?

2. Yes, the team hasn't been great with RISP. Our BA with RISP is .262, putting us in the lower half of the league. .258 with RISP and 2-out puts us at .258, which is actually ranks them 10th, which isn't too bad.

Some players just haven't produced in key situations. I don't believe that right this moment is the time to panic about it though. The Indians have been doing a lot of things right, and all teams have their short-comings. All that matters is that we aren't plagued by them in October. Every team that has a shot has a weakness, and it is foolish to believe that the Indians are the only ones without them.

Buddy
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:32 pm

I'll go against all my tendencies and say something positive here, I actually think the Tribe will be Tribe-like and catch fire the second half. We will start hitting and ^ our RISP; however, the f@#$%ing Tigers are on fire now and it will be a dog fight to the end. Yes, we need another arm for the back end of the pen, and a corner outfielder with a better stick.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:18 pm

buddycowley wrote:1. The Indians do K a lot. Does it make you feel better that we're 4th in strikeouts, but also 3rd in walks? Or that the team has grounded into the least double plays this season? Or that the Indians have seen the most pitches this season? Or 4th in OBP?

2. Yes, the team hasn't been great with RISP. Our BA with RISP is .262, putting us in the lower half of the league. .258 with RISP and 2-out puts us at .258, which is actually ranks them 10th, which isn't too bad.

Some players just haven't produced in key situations. I don't believe that right this moment is the time to panic about it though. The Indians have been doing a lot of things right, and all teams have their short-comings. All that matters is that we aren't plagued by them in October. Every team that has a shot has a weakness, and it is foolish to believe that the Indians are the only ones without them.

Buddy

Also, consider that the Tribe's 36 sacrifice flies is 2nd (LAA) in the league. Many of those produce runs, either directly or indirectly, but they do not affect BA.

Topical article from Kurkjian here
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby tribefan333 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:37 am

I think our faithful Indians will do the talking for us on this one...
tribefan333
Cleveland Rocks

Favorite Player: Grady/Fausto/Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Joba Chamberlain

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB