Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

WAY TO GO GARKO !

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

WAY TO GO GARKO !

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:21 pm

way to be Ryan !

big knock !

thats a game we couldnt afford to lose

nice job by jake settling down as well as the Raffy's ... Borowski was due for a let down... as long as this doesnt become a trend
Tribefan24

Unread postby lovsgrady » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:54 pm

That was a nice hit...they just talked to Gark on baseball tonight. Gark got pommeled in the field though, that was funny. Good game. 8) :cool: 8-)
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:43 pm

Did Nixon come through in the clutch, or did he get a Blown Pie?
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:03 am

The Royals have been a thorn in our side all year. For some reason they just play above their heads against us. This win was big.

That being said, I'm still disappointed we left two men on base in five separate innings. Thank goodness somebody finally got a clutch two-out hit before it was too late.

Battle of All-Star pitchers today. Come on, CC, let's get some Mo going.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby Charboneau » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:21 am

Big win last night. We really need to sweep these guys and then get 2 out of 3 from CWS. We have pretty much beaten the AL Central senseless so far and the majority of our games are vs. ALC teams. I like where we are right now - would feel much better if Cliff and Jake were pitching better!
Eric Wedge 2007 AL Manager of the Year

Rick Manning is my biological father
Charboneau
Wedge Loyalist

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Dustin Pedroia

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:42 am

You'd think we'd beat the Royals at home with CC starting, but no dice. Like I said, these guys have been a thorn in our sides all year. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up something like 8-9 against them and missed the playoffs by one game.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:06 am

The Royals bullpen is really really good.

Soria, Dotel, Riske, Greinke is one of the best back ends in all of baseball. Peralta has nasty stuff too, K's a ton of guys. Gobble is another guy with good stuff that didn't work as a starter, but has been good out of the pen.

They're also starting to develop a nice core of young position players in DeJesus, Gordon, Teahen, and Butler. I've always liked Buddy Bell. These guys are a couple starters away from being a legit contender for 90 wins IMO.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Hoover » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:19 pm

Teahen hits .323 vs. the Tribe. Seems like he bats .400, he gets a couple of hits every game.

I'm beginning to hate that guy. :evil:
Hoover

Unread postby psk678 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:44 pm

Swerb wrote:The Royals bullpen is really really good.

Soria, Dotel, Riske, Greinke is one of the best back ends in all of baseball. Peralta has nasty stuff too, K's a ton of guys. Gobble is another guy with good stuff that didn't work as a starter, but has been good out of the pen.

They're also starting to develop a nice core of young position players in DeJesus, Gordon, Teahen, and Butler. I've always liked Buddy Bell. These guys are a couple starters away from being a legit contender for 90 wins IMO.

Please tell me that is a typo....

In all seriousness, their pen is very good. I'd like to get my hands on some of those arms.

And about the Royals/Indians debacle, Is it the fact that they gear up against us, or we just crap the bed when we see those royal blue uni's.

Either way, this is inexcuseable. I would like to say the onus is on Wedge, but when it comes down to it, the players are playing the game.

P.S. on a side note, Gark's defense has really impressed my through the first half. That was a huge question coming out of ST and he has quelled the questions of his defense.
psk678

Unread postby Scott_Sargent » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:21 pm

Swerb wrote:-

I went to the game on Friday pretty much just to see Gordon and Butler play. It was great until Butler hit the lead-off single in the ninth, which resulted in the tying run. He's been on a decent streak over the past two series'.

If they can hold on to these guys, they'll be very good. But it's a big "if" considering the ways of Beltran/Dye/Damon, etc....
Scott_Sargent
Got a minute?

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB