Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Today, if I were the Indians' offense...

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Today, if I were the Indians' offense...

Unread postby cozmeesah » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:34 pm

I would be pissed, lol. After last night's game when they just wouldn't quit and today spotting the pitching 9 runs. Yet the pitching lets the other team get on a roll.

Thank goodness Raffi P. was able to come in and squash the fire but 9-0 and they almost let the Jays back into it.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:56 pm

two straight starts carmona couldnt get out of a jam in the middle innings, that is a little disturbing... his control has been a problem lately, he walks to many guys and it gets him in trouble ... ive noticed this with a lot of our pitchers... we need to throw more first pitch strikes, to many of our pitchers get behind in the count to often.... you cant consistently get behind in the count, b/c then you have to throw a meatball and it gets hit hard somewhere.... ive never been a fan of carl willis as the pitching coach and i dont think he is a very good one !

LETS GO TRIBE !
Tribefan24

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:03 pm

I'd be interested to know what Fausto's ERA is from innings 1-5. Take away that Oakland game a week ago, and I bet it is below 2.
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby Tribefan24 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:47 pm

TribeinLA wrote:I'd be interested to know what Fausto's ERA is from innings 1-5. Take away that Oakland game a week ago, and I bet it is below 2.

i would agree with that statement

his era would be a lot lower right now, if he stopped walking 4 guys a game... thats whats killing him in the ra department
Tribefan24

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:31 pm

Tribefan24 wrote: ive never been a fan of carl willis as the pitching coach and i dont think he is a very good one

when willis strolls to the mound the should play circus music.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby paulcousineau » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:31 pm

More telling than ERA, an imperfect stat dependent upon relievers, is OPS against:
1st inning .740
2nd inning .742
3rd inning .603
4th inning .773
5th inning .487
6th inning .721
7th inning .924
8th inning .873
9th inning 1.286

Quite a jump in the 7th.
Indians Fever...Be a Believer!
paulcousineau
Celebrity

Unread postby Babrook » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:18 pm

pod2dawg wrote:
Tribefan24 wrote: ive never been a fan of carl willis as the pitching coach and i dont think he is a very good one

when willis strolls to the mound the should play circus music.

If someone could get me a picture of him walking out, animated gif. preferred, any taken...
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:47 pm

Tribefan24 wrote:.... ive never been a fan of carl willis as the pitching coach and i dont think he is a very good one !

That's fairly obvious to this point in his tenure. He messed up Guthrie. Sowers is in the tank and who knows if he'll get back on his feet. The Tribe seems to have these lights out prospects that once they get to the show they end up wetting the bed more often than not.

If the Tribe ends up letting down in the second half, I believe no shortage of blame should be placed in the lap of Willis.

The Tribe is still tied for the lead, and we haven't seen them at their best at any point this year. They'll need to ramp up for the stretch run in August and September, since most of their games will be on the road. At this point, Willis and his buddy Wedge are inspiring little confidence for a strong second half.

I hope I'm wrong, but Wedge and Willis should be on the hook if the Tribe takes a dump in the stretch run.
Cleveland: Where the Tower is Terminal and the Lake is (e)Erie- Alex Bevan
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby lovsgrady » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:12 pm

Perez is a rally killer and I love it. He pitches well in those situations, he just got hit sorta hard in the next inning, but it's all good. Good game today. Blake, Grady, Marty, Pronk, and even Nixon getting in extra bases, along with Gark, and others. Good job guys. 8) :cool: 8-) ya gotta love em...
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB