Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Thoughts on tonights non-victory vs. Detriot...

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Thoughts on tonights non-victory vs. Detriot...

Unread postby Charboneau » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:46 pm

We had our chances and just couldn't capitailze. The Tigers did a great job of jumping on Jake early. The bunt Inge laid down was a nice one. They got back to back triples with 2 outs. But the Tigers played lucky baseball too. Garkos double - lucky break for them. Hafner's rocket up the middle - lucky break. The grab in left off of Malibu - lucky play. Yes I have had a few too many but....

I hate the Tigers. I hope they never win another game. I can't stand any of their players except for Inge and that's only because he is from my hometown and went to my church. The rest of them can rot. I just hate that team. Almost as much as the Yankees.

I hope CC is sharp and we kick that ass tomorrow.
Charboneau
Wedge Loyalist

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Dustin Pedroia

Unread postby KFletch » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:01 am

9 people LOB.

That was our problem right there.

Tigers fans around us were nice, would have enjoyed the fireworks more if we won...
KFletch

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:29 am

Can't win 'em all. The Tribe did have their opportunities, but they've done well enough against Detroit this year. They just need to recover tomorrow behind CC and take the series. That'll inch them ever closer to taking the season series and holding the divisional tiebreaker against 'em.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Babrook » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:53 am

We were bound to lose eventually, but they got A LOT of lucky breaks.

Polancos great stop on Hafner's shot at Rogers.
Garkos double.
Monroe's great catch.
Sheff's great catch.
Guit not coming up with it.
Guit or Benny (Forgot who) getting picked off.

One of those games. We'll win the next 4 games though, I bet.
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby The Math God » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:30 am

Both games of the series have been classic baseball

We got some breaks in game 1 they got them in game 2

Looking forward to the pitching duel today, hopefully CC can shut down the Tiger hitters

Nice thing is we get Toronto next they get Boston
The Math God

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:36 am

I just get the feeling this pennant race is going to be absolutely epic. Blow for blow, right down to the final day of the season. I'm not counting out the Twinkies either ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby lovsgrady » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:39 am

I thought at least one part of that game was productive. Pronk got another homer on July 4th and Fernando Cabrera had a one two three 8th. Got a pop up the first pitch, and then struck out the other two. He's looking a lot better, why couldn't we bring him in in the 7th instead of triple dud Mujica...he had two outs, and couldn't keep the one run game for us. Next time, I'm just not used to that coming from our bull pen this year. Oh well, can't win them all. Thames did make a nice catch, and Inge's play at the end of the game was nice (hard to say it, but it's true) Peralta had the web gem though, that was a nice play. Too bad about Benny coming off the bag stealing. I knew it wasn't going to be a fun game when Grady got picked off in the top of the 1st. Detroit fans had been complaining about their luck lately, well they got it yesterday. That win just makes the game today even more exciting for C.C. Let's hit Verlander hard!
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:53 pm

Swerb wrote:I just get the feeling this pennant race is going to be absolutely epic. Blow for blow, right down to the final day of the season. I'm not counting out the Twinkies either ...

I'm with you Rich. I think this thing is going right down to the wire.....

We finish on the road in Seattle and KC, while Detroit finishes with the Twins at home then the White Sox on the road. It may mark the first time I ever rooted for the Twins and White Sox to win.
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB