Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Lake County No Hitter (7/3/07)

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Lake County No Hitter (7/3/07)

Unread postby ArtGold » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:43 am

Hector Rondon, 19 years old, and Neil Wagner combined to throw a no hitter tonight against Delmarva. Rondon, who has been Mr Inconsistent this year, pitched 6 innings and struck out 5 while walking 2. Wagner, a 23 year old graduate of the North Dakota St University baseball factory, pitched the remaining 3 innings, striking out 5 with no walks.

Considering Rondon is listed at 6'3" and 165, I shouldn't be too hard on him about being inconsistent. I surprised he has enough strength to actually pitch for a few innings. A few months of big Macs, and he should be built like Roger Clemens.
ArtGold

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:22 am

Wagner has been a guy that I followed with interest since I saw his final numbers last season. When I saw those numbers, I remember the routes that K-Rod and Bobby Jenks took the bigs and I had to wonder: Why can't Cleveland get lucky and have someone succeed in that manner??

I'm surprised Wagner is still at Lake County at this point since he has been generally successful.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:25 pm

MadThinker88 wrote:Wagner has been a guy that I followed with interest since I saw his final numbers last season. When I saw those numbers, I remember the routes that K-Rod and Bobby Jenks took the bigs and I had to wonder: Why can't Cleveland get lucky and have someone succeed in that manner??

I'm surprised Wagner is still at Lake County at this point since he has been generally successful.

The difference with Wagner is he is all heat. His secondary stuff is very average, whereas for the likes of K-Rod it is devasating.
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB