Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Wedge!

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Wedge!

Unread postby Charboneau » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Nice move pinch hitting for Micheals with Francisco. That kid is red hot! This team is something special. nice job all the way around tonight. Very happy for Blake as well!
Charboneau
Wedge Loyalist

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Dustin Pedroia

Unread postby Scott_Sargent » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:31 pm

Franklin's snag wasn't too shabby either. Francisco has been playing out of his mind. You have to wonder how the platoon will shake out with these guys, but as long as Wedge is making the right moves, it's alright by me.
Scott_Sargent
Got a minute?

Unread postby drewd » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:42 pm

Wedge has to make an line-up to stick with the rest of the season! An every day lineup, not changing it 30 times in one half.

1)Gutierrez
2)Barfield
3)Sizemore
4)Peralta
5)Martinez
6)Garko
7)Hafner
8)Francisco
9)Blake
drewd
Unrealistic Trade Guy

Unread postby tribefan333 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:14 am

Not to rain on Ben's parade because he's hitting like 30000, but is anyone else a little worried at him pulling pretty much everything? Just playing bad cop and would love to see an opposite field Homer in the next couple of games.
tribefan333
Cleveland Rocks

Favorite Player: Grady/Fausto/Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Joba Chamberlain

Unread postby Charboneau » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:40 pm

drewd wrote:Wedge has to make an line-up to stick with the rest of the season! An every day lineup, not changing it 30 times in one half.

1)Gutierrez
2)Barfield
3)Sizemore
4)Peralta
5)Martinez
6)Garko
7)Hafner
8)Francisco
9)Blake

I think we will see a more set line up going forward. The schedule issues in the first half forced Wedgie to rest guys and move the line up around. When the offense struggled Wedgie moved guys around to shake things up and get a jump. Plus I think he did a brilliant job of playing lots of guys in the first half to get the platoons and situation baseball down. I think Wedge has a great handle on how to go forward from here. The other good thing about playing lots of guys is it has given everyone a chance to contribute and feel like a major part of where we are. Let's hope we continue playing well but I have to give Wedge high marks for the first semester.
Charboneau
Wedge Loyalist

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Dustin Pedroia

Unread postby furls » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:03 pm

It is easy to not have complaints when the team is winning at a .600 clip, but man it really does seem that the Indians are playing a much higher quality of baseball. I am not sure who to credit, but I think I may have to give (grudgingly) Wedge some of it.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby captain_wahoo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:18 pm

Wedge should have pinch hit Garko for Hafner last night when the Tigers went to their lefty.
captain_wahoo

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB