Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Respect Home

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Should visiting fans have more respect

yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes : 8

Respect Home

Unread postby lovsgrady » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:13 am

I was at the Indians game vs. Detroit, where DD won it for us in the bottom of the 9th, and we scored 5 runs. That was a great game at the end, but during the game, I was a little disappointed. There were numberous Detroit fans in the stands which is cool that they travel to cheer their team, but they were treating the Jake like it was their own Comerica. Even though they were winning, their fans should have just a little more respect for us, and remember that they are not the home team. I think alittle cheering is okay, but when you try to get the stadium to cheer, let's go tigers, and they are louder than tribe fans, I don't know what I am more disappointed in, them or our fans. I could be wrong, but when I saw a Detroit blanket hanging from the Upper Deck, I think that is a little much.
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby tribefan333 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:13 pm

Different groups of fans have more respect than others. All detroit is very bad--I was at that game too, and afterwards some Tigers fans was trying to destroy one of our trashcans (ironically, he went away limping and the can had only minor injuries).

You're right though, they should.
tribefan333
Cleveland Rocks

Favorite Player: Grady/Fausto/Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Joba Chamberlain

Unread postby livinthesportslife » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:17 pm

You can't really fault them for being obnoxious in a visitor's park, because that is what visiting fans are supposed to do, especially when two teams are battling for first place. What I do have a problem with is somebody trying to vandalize something. That is never right no matter what park you are in.

That just makes me want to go to Detroit, wear all my Indians gear, and cheer as obnoxiously as possible each time the Indians do something good (which I've done and, I admit, was a lot of fun).
livinthesportslife

Unread postby scott » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:18 pm

If you could go on the road and cheer louder than the home crowd why wouldn't you?

Another team's banner in CBS would get swift and unpleasant justice handed out by the crowd.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby lovsgrady » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:13 pm

I get what you are saying, maybe it was the fact that they were louder than our fans until our offense silenced them. An opposing team fans should never be louder than the home, so maybe this was all on us. I know that I was screaming as loud as can be the whole game, but one voice in Jacobs field can't be heard from by the foul poll, except for the few people behind them.
I went to a game in Detroit, and their fans were nice to us, that's suprising to some people. We had on full Indians gear, hat shirt, sign everything, but that sign was not something mean to Detroit, but to get on tv, which I found out later, I did. It was one of the STO signs and said super tribe of Ohio. We cheered, but not obnoxiously, and actually had fun with the fans, that is what I mean, they can still cheer, but be cool about it, not obnoxious. I can see it either way. I just respect one way more than the other. I mean, when you have Detroit fans who say that since your in the upper deck at Comerica, it's a long way down if you start cheering, but then make jokes about it, and have fun with someone from another town, I think that is just a little more fun, but that was last year when they were in contention, and we weren't.
"even enemies can show respect" line from the movie "Troy"
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby intenso » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:44 pm

I don't see how being loud is disrespectful.
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby lovsgrady » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Depends on the words the loud voices are saying...all i know is, what does it tell the Indians when they are playing at the Jake against their rivals, and they hear Lets go tigers instead of Go Tribe...
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby Babrook » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:09 pm

lovsgrady wrote:Depends on the words the loud voices are saying...all i know is, what does it tell the Indians when they are playing at the Jake against their rivals, and they hear Lets go tigers instead of Go Tribe...

Not their fault Indians get shit attendance.
Babrook
Brendan Donnelly Groupie

Favorite Player: Fausto Carmona
Least Favorite Player: Gary Sheffield

Unread postby intenso » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:11 pm

I don't think fans have any responsibility to act any differently on the road than they do at home. Of course you shouldn't get in somebody's face or anything like that on the road, but you shouldn't do that at home, either.
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby jb » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:36 pm

If it is OK for "them" to cheer, it ought to be OK for us to beat them down.

If you weren't at the Browns' - Stillers' Eve of Destruction in 2005, don't feel qualified to debate me on this topic. If you were and that was OK with you, I'll agree to disagree and let you call me a psychopath.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby tribefan333 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:43 pm

JB wrote:If it is OK for "them" to cheer, it ought to be OK for us to beat them down.

Man law
tribefan333
Cleveland Rocks

Favorite Player: Grady/Fausto/Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Joba Chamberlain

Unread postby Detroit Wahoo » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:11 pm

I'll be at Tuesdays and Thursdays games and you'd better believe I'll be loudly cheering on the Tribe. The last thing i would do is trash any property, as it might improve the aesthetics of Comerica Park.
Detroit Wahoo

Unread postby lovsgrady » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:18 pm

Ya know what...I think after writing this...I have turned around. I actually get what you are saying. I really, now that I think about it would love to cheer as louds as a I want at Comerica, and I guess it's okay for them to come in and do that! and Detroit Wahoo, you scream double for me, cause all I'll be doing is screaming at the tv.
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Lighten up Lovs, been to a zillion stadiums and events in my life, and there were assholes at all of em'. The faster you understand that fact of life the easier it will make the rest of your sporting travels. Hell, as a Browns season ticket holder you can't drop your beer without it landing on a moron. Sometimes, after a game, I'm not sure what's more difficult to figure out, what the hell Chaz Frye was thinking or where some of these cats are working the next day.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby lovsgrady » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:01 pm

Hey, I now agree with you guys, and it would be fun to be an ass at a game, wow that is weird for me to say, some teams I just respect more than others, and wouldn't do it.
Why so serious
lovsgrady
Future Mrs. Sizemore

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB